Baumgartner back in Vancouver

Ticallion961
11-01-2003, 10:20 AM
don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but Baumgartner got plucked off waivers

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=59104

stardog
11-01-2003, 10:25 AM
don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but Baumgartner got plucked off waivers

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=59104

Errey just mentioned it also on TV.....Thank God!!
Now if only we can get rid of Holzinger as well.

Big McLargehuge
11-01-2003, 10:25 AM
GOOD!

I had some expectations that he'd at least be a serviceable 7th defenseman...he wasn't even close.

Good riddance to bad hockey players.

The Tang
11-01-2003, 10:36 AM
yeah, me too. if you're ging to play someone like that, may as well be Lupo since he will get better.

AEKaki
11-01-2003, 10:46 AM
Great news!

Although I am happy about this, can anyone tell me the reason he was on waivers? I know Roszival is out for another month, but was he activated or something?

Big McLargehuge
11-01-2003, 10:48 AM
Pens probably put him on hoping someone would pick him, if he cleared he'd probably be on his way to Wilkes-Barre and Lupy, Scuderi, or Boileau would be on his way up.

I expect a promotion is on the horizon.

The Tang
11-01-2003, 10:50 AM
can anyone tell me the reason he was on waivers?
i'd venture to say a -7 and 0 points were the reason

Impossibles
11-01-2003, 10:55 AM
I wouldn't place much value on the +/- stats on a team that only has 2 players in the "+", and pittsburg only has one D-man with more than 1 point.

I don't understand...he played very well for the canucks last season, and I thought he might make the team this year.

Maybe he was dissapointed to be on a non-playoff team?

Anyways, our farm team will be glad to have him back, if he doesn't retire.

Big McLargehuge
11-01-2003, 10:57 AM
Baumgartner made me wish we had Hans Jonsson back at points.

He was beyond awful.

Koltsov71
11-01-2003, 12:17 PM
Definitely, good riddance.

He can go back to Manitoba where people like him. As Mike Lange said, I hope he didn't sell his house. :)

Evilo
11-01-2003, 01:49 PM
Baumgartner was AWFUL. He had the worst +/- too.
Awful, awful, awful.
Great news to see him go!

stardog
11-01-2003, 03:44 PM
I wouldn't place much value on the +/- stats on a team that only has 2 players in the "+", and pittsburg only has one D-man with more than 1 point.

I don't understand...he played very well for the canucks last season, and I thought he might make the team this year.

Maybe he was dissapointed to be on a non-playoff team?

Anyways, our farm team will be glad to have him back, if he doesn't retire.

+/- Doesnt ALWAYS tell the story but in THIS case it definately did. He created his own problems and a few of his gaffes led directly to goals.

The non playoff thing is a poor excuse ten games into a season. There are seventy games left to decide who is and isn't a playoff team. And do you HONESTLY believe he would be dissapointed to be on the Penguins? I mean comon, what hockey player would rather play for the Manitoba Moose than ANY NHL team???

Darth Vitale
11-02-2003, 07:57 AM
This is a weird one. By most accounts Baumer has the talent to do a lot better than he did - especially on what is basically an expansion team. That he was snatched up immediately again by Vancouver (a deep defensive team) makes me wonder if he was dogging it / didn't want to play here.

:dunno:

Evilo
11-02-2003, 08:23 AM
This is a weird one. By most accounts Baumer has the talent to do a lot better than he did - especially on what is basically an expansion team. That he was snatched up immediately again by Vancouver (a deep defensive team) makes me wonder if he was dogging it / didn't want to play here.

:dunno:
He's been a bust all his career.
You think it'd be any different in Pittsburgh?
This guy can't afford to play bad on purpose.
He's a career AHLer.