Questions for those in the know!!!

Niedermayer21
11-01-2003, 10:56 PM
Please, only answer if you know the answer. No guessing. I can do that myself. Thanks!!! :)

Is Maxim Balmochnykh playing left or right wing? How fast is he? Whose skating speed in the NHL is he comparable to?

Who would be our first call-up from Albany? (First forward and first defenseman who are playing well enough to merit a promotion).

Do we have someone in Albany who can win draws against some of the top centers in the NHL? If not, do you think Lou would go after a Yanic Perreault late in the season if Montreal is out of the race?

North Dakota defeated Yale this weekend. Did Zach Parise play and how did he do if he did indeed play?

When we activated Turner Stevenson, what roster move did we make to get him back on the 23-man roster?

Last question: Why in the world would be possibly want to trade Elias and/or Gomez? They are our best offensive players. If Lou wants to dump salary, he can wait until Scott Stevens retires during the lockout. Gomez makes next to nothing, comparatively speaking. And Elias could get us Ovechkin in the 2004 Draft, but like PEli said in a post, Big Al is not proven and is still a prospect--not a "sure thing." He could be the next Jason Bonsignore or the next Jason Arnott. No way to really tell until he plays in the NHL, where Patrick Elias has already scored 96 points in a season and is on a point-per-game pace this season!
I know Ovechkin is a right wing, but you get my analogies.

Hey, we are the smartest fans around. Not a whole lot of us, but we are hardcore all the way. LOYAL TO THE CORE!!!

Thanks for any answers you can provide!!!!!!!!!!! :D

18Sarge
11-01-2003, 11:04 PM
Hale was originally put on IR for Stevenson, but now it is Marshall.

Parise did play this weekend. IN tonights 10-0 win over Yale he had 3 g and 1 a. Friday he had 1 a.

Niedermayer21
11-01-2003, 11:06 PM
Thanks a lot, 18Sarge!!! :D

Guttersnipe
11-02-2003, 02:02 AM
And Elias could get us Ovechkin in the 2004 Draft

I don't think he could, considering how many high profile top prospects are flurishing. Why would a team trade a chance to have Kovalchuk/Nash/Spezza etc. to get a 28 year old with a 5 mil salary?