Now is the time to grab him...

pb1300
11-02-2003, 04:48 PM
I am a big Parrish fan, and the Isles are having payroll problems, so he might be available. There will never be a better time to get Mark than now, he is EXACTLY the type of player this team needs and Im sure he could light a big fire under this teams arses.

Jiggs
11-02-2003, 05:24 PM
I am a big Parrish fan, and the Isles are having payroll problems, so he might be available. There will never be a better time to get Mark than now, he is EXACTLY the type of player this team needs and Im sure he could light a big fire under this teams arses.

How 'bout Mezei coming back to the Isles and its a done deal.

Coolburn
11-03-2003, 02:41 AM
How 'bout Mezei coming back to the Isles and its a done deal.I don't think the Cats can afford to lose Mezei as he's pretty much the only defender that hits regularly and should be part of the core for a while. I would consider a guy like Novak as a possibility for Parrish. But realistically, I doubt FL is going to get him because that would mean Cohen would have to approve adding over $2 million in salary and I just don't that happening any time soon. Personally, I think the Isles would be crazy to move him but then I remember who's GM there. :joker:

justapantherfan
11-03-2003, 05:55 AM
It would be real nice to get him back but I doubt the isles are going to part with him.

Captain8
11-03-2003, 11:43 AM

Which brings up the issue that has bubbled to the surface...

If Dudley had any balls or any pride in his work, he'd tell Cohen that there needs to be a change. He'd say that he needed to make an impact trade because all of the unproven talent is not ready to handle the burden, or in more pragmatic terms, that there aren't enough bona fide NHLers whom Keenan trusts. If Cohen refused, he'd say that Keenan needed to go because the team isn't progressing and key players are being alienated.

But let's face it. Dudley is probably content to stand pat. He probably likes the fact that he gets to oversee a low-budget rebuilding process with minimal expectations. He probably likes the fact that Keenan has a lot of power and is signed to a long extension, which further reduces any pressure that would come with the additional authority if the situation were more typical. He probably knows that saying "he goes or I go" means the end for him as GM, maybe for a long while.

Instead the game of charades continues.

But, yes, Parrish would be a good addition. It would show that someone has some sense. At least if the price were steep, say Huselius, it would be a price paid for a reason.

PantherBlood6*
11-03-2003, 12:21 PM
Trading for Parrish would involve Cohen putting money into this team and you know as well as I do that just isn;t going to happen. I doub't you'll see a trade that involves the Panthers adding salary anytime soon.

Captain8
11-03-2003, 12:42 PM
Recalling Cohen's mock indignation when Dudley lost Hurme, it's even funnier now than it was then. (Oops, I shed some salary. Shame on Dudley.)

How stupid can the man be? This is a team going nowhere. So you either spend some money to make improvements or you spend less money to cut the losses.

Surely, Cohen is not stupid enough not to have considered the second alternative. I wonder if Bettman, while successfully ushering in fiscal restraint and cost-cutting is also telling teams not to overdo the salary dumps. There are about 15 teams that know they won't contend this year. I'm certain that most would like to liquidate their depreciating assets, asap, being in a similar situation as the Panthers.