Advanced look at free agency following this season

Unthinkable
11-02-2003, 07:10 PM
http://www.geocities.com/floridapanthers2000/free2004.html

Wonder if Lou would go for Sean Hill as a possible Scott Stevens replacement if he does indeed retire and a lockout is avoided. Anyone look intriguing on this list? Note the disclaimer at the top that its a work in progress and probably not 100 percent accurate. Its already been reported in the local papers that Lou is keeping his eye on Craig Conroy this season.

DeVFaN
11-02-2003, 07:26 PM
Madden is eligible to become a ufa I believe.

dennisjs
11-02-2003, 07:58 PM
Priority number one should be resigning Madden. If Stevens does retire, why not go all out and go after Lidstrom? :p Maybe consider Carney or Schneider if Stevens retires. I'd like to see them try to swing a deal for Ron Francis this year at the trade deadline.

Any one of the following forwards from that list would interest me:

Palffy
Primeau
Conroy
Bondra
Zhamnov
Kovalev
Alfredsson
Ricci
Scott Thornton
Rolston
Perrault
Recchi
Francis

NJ_Devil_Boy
11-02-2003, 09:12 PM
I hope not. He took a 2 really bad penalties tonight vs. the Leafs (His 3rd penalty was good. He tied up Mogilny preventing a sure goal). Anyway, NJ can't afford to pick up a guy who takes really bad penalties (and he's no rookie either).

Anyway, from that link:

Criag Darby, (III) => AHL role if he wants to return
Stephen Guolla, (III) => see above
Igor Larionov, (III) => he's going to retire (we know this already)
Grant Marshall, (III) => Would be nice if Lou re-signed him
Corey Schwab, (III) => see above (Plays 10 games a year. Perfect partner for Brodeur)
Turner Stevenson, (III) => I'm undecided. He's good when he's healthy, but his injuries are a huge factor.

Tbg1515
11-03-2003, 02:57 AM
Priority number one should be resigning Madden. If Stevens does retire, why not go all out and go after Lidstrom? :p Maybe consider Carney or Schneider if Stevens retires. I'd like to see them try to swing a deal for Ron Francis this year at the trade deadline.

Any one of the following forwards from that list would interest me:

Palffy
Primeau
Conroy
Bondra
Zhamnov
Kovalev
Alfredsson
Ricci
Scott Thornton
Rolston
Perrault
Recchi
Francis

Considering Free Agents i would like to see for 2005 season, a line up like this

Bondra-Gomez-Elias
Friesen-Rolston-Langenbrunner
Alfredson-Madden-Pandolfo
Gionta-Ricci-S. Thornton

Rafalski-White
Niedermeyer-Carney/Hill
Hale-Martin

Broduer
Ahonen/Shwabby/Potvin (If the Cat comes cheap)
Would never be our line up but hey no harm in posting it

John Flyers Fan
11-03-2003, 04:25 AM
Considering Free Agents i would like to see for 2005 season, a line up like this

Bondra-Gomez-Elias
Gionta-Ricci-S. Thornton

Rafalski-White
Niedermeyer-Carney/Hill
Hale-Martin

Broduer

So you sign Bondra, Rolston, Alfredsson, Ricci, Thornton and then Carney or Hill.

I'm sure that Lou is thinking the same thing. Got an extra $15-20 million or so ????

JimEIV
11-03-2003, 08:40 AM
Turner Stevenson, (III) => I'm undecided. He's good when he's healthy, but his injuries are a huge factor.

Turner has brought life back to this team in the 2 games he has played. In my opinion guys like Stevenson are invaluable to a hockey team.

Of all the players on the GROUP III NJ list in my opinion Turner is the #1 priority.

NJDraft
11-03-2003, 12:39 PM
Madden cut 2 years off his birthday so he's eligible and I think I saw a story in the Post that said Scott is as well.

I think both will be highly sought after,but that doesn't neccess. mean they will get overhwelmed with cash like Holik.

I think it will come down to where each wants to finnish his carreer and live. TML will likely go after Madden, VC's for Scott. We could loose Stevens and Neid. in the same year.

Missionhockey
11-03-2003, 01:04 PM

Bondra-Gomez-Elias
Gionta-Ricci-S. Thornton

Rafalski-White
Niedermeyer-Carney/Hill
Hale-Martin

Broduer

don't hold your breathe. :shakehead

NJ_Devil_Boy
11-03-2003, 01:42 PM
Turner has brought life back to this team in the 2 games he has played. In my opinion guys like Stevenson are invaluable to a hockey team.

Of all the players on the GROUP III NJ list in my opinion Turner is the #1 priority.

I can't disagree with those points, but an injured player can't help a hockey team. No dis-respect to Stevenson's leaderships skills, but he's needed mostly for his physical play on the ice.