Darko Milichick

The Guy on the Couch*
05-21-2006, 04:42 PM
Or however you spell it.

What happened to him?

ATG
05-21-2006, 05:37 PM
Got traded to Orlando a real bust compared to Wade, Lebron, Carmelo and my man Chris Bosh :yo: thanks detroit because I think he would have fallen to Toronto seeing as Denver didn't need a PF

The Guy on the Couch*
05-21-2006, 05:48 PM
damn think how good Detroit would be if they drafted Wade or Carmelo

Who was picked first, Lebron right?

Hasbro
05-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Thanks again Detroit!

The Guy on the Couch*
05-21-2006, 05:55 PM
what did Detroit get for him?

2 boxes of girl scout cookies? Probably couldn't even get thin mints for him, had to get some nasty butterscotch caramel *****.

PACaptain
05-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Detroit traded Darko Milicic and Carlos Arroyo to the Orlando Magic for Kelvin Cato and a 1st round draft pick.

Darko was showing potential with the Magic after being acquired but still has some work to do. He was coming off the bench and providing solid offense and showed a knack for blocking shots. Arroyo has also played well bringing solid energy off the bench and a little flash to the Magic offense. Carlos is the Michael Jordan of Puerto Rico and has brought much attention from the Latin community of Florida.

Cato has an expiring contract and could be a depth guy off the bench for the Pistons in the playoffs, but he is a fairly overpaid stiff. The first round draft pick is interesting because it has lottery protection this season but no protection next year. So assuming the Magic can put together a playoff run next year, which I think they can, then the Pistons would get a middle first round pick.

It will be interesting to see if Darko develops into a top-flight player as he showed flashes of. If he can become a poor man's Dirk Nowitzki and the Magic pair him with Dwight Howard, then they have a chance to be a force. Most of that depends on what we see out of Darko.

GKJ
05-21-2006, 07:38 PM
Darko would be good if he ever got on the floor

ATG
05-21-2006, 07:47 PM
damn think how good Detroit would be if they drafted Wade or Carmelo

Who was picked first, Lebron right?

Im glad it did go down that way beacuse with Detroit's Big 5, the progression of any of they other guys would have been stunted. Bosh would get no minutes beside the Wallace's and Melo or Wade would be on the pine thanks to Prince and Hamilton

The Guy on the Couch*
05-21-2006, 08:20 PM
Yeah you're right, Detroit does have a very good blend of players on their team right now. Should be a good Finals. But considering CLE took them to 7 games and Miami had a chance to get some nice rest, I think Miami takes it in 6 or 7.

But I'm sure Melo or Wade would have got their time, they are each better than Prince or Rip.

Motown Beatdown
05-22-2006, 10:17 AM
Darko would be good if he ever got on the floor

Not true, he got on the floor but couldn't play more than 5 minute because he is so out of shape. Darko's problem is he loves the night light, once he dedicates himself to basketball he'll become a decent player. 15pts, 10rbs, 5blks should be his average. Brown tried to change Darko's game and it did set him back, and i thought with him gone Darko would work a little harder but it never happened cause Flip let him play more of an outside game.