GDT: vs LA

justapantherfan
11-05-2003, 03:11 AM
Well Wed is here. Should we take bets on shots and who thinks we can pull off a win>

Roberto should be in net tonight.

Anyone think Bure will not be in the line up?

Acadmus
11-05-2003, 06:42 AM
Well Wed is here. Should we take bets on shots and who thinks we can pull off a win>

Roberto should be in net tonight.

Anyone think Bure will not be in the line up?

I was awful on predicting the Flyers game, but I don't care :p

Shots: 23 Florida, 31 LA, Florida wins 4-2.
Val Bure assists on game winner and misses next 11 games with a groin injury :lol: just kidding ;)

justapantherfan
11-05-2003, 07:52 AM
Val Bure assists on game winner and misses next 11 games with a groin injury :lol: just kidding ;)

I thought it would be a broken finguer? J/K :lol:

Club301
11-05-2003, 08:49 AM
As far as it looks right now, Val Bure will actually be in the lineup tonight. Hopefully he'll be able to get a good 3 or 4 games in before he gets hurt again. But seriously, when he is healthy, he adds alot to our powerplay, and his ability to handle the puck in traffic (when he goes into traffic) makes some of our other players (Huselius, etc.) more confident in the offensive zone. Hopefully he can stay healthy, as he will help solve at least some of our offensive woes.

PUCKBOY99
11-05-2003, 11:46 AM
How sad is it that this early in the season, I could care less?????????????

:shakehead

LetsGoPanthers
11-05-2003, 12:29 PM
How sad is it that this early in the season, I could care less?????????????

:shakehead

THAT is sad....

I am pumped actually, would be nice with a win at home.
Prediction:
3-2, Luongo stands on his head...
Shots: FLA 26, LA 35.
Scoring by: Jay, Jokinen, Horton.

C'mon man, we'll get there....

Coolburn
11-05-2003, 02:59 PM
I'm predicting my usual tie with the score being 2-2 and goals coming from Huselius (he's gotta break out of the slump) and Horton (he got the taste of what its like, he wants more).

evildreams
11-05-2003, 05:13 PM
3-0; outclassed. luongo being hung out to dry; i'd be really surprised if he re-signs with this team when his contract is up. keenan is doing nothing to shake these guys up, and seems to be going through the motions; he needs to go soon. huselius needs to go as well; he's been guaranteed a spot for 3 seasons now ahead of shvidki, and i'm no shvidki fan, but anyone has earned a chance to shine in place of huselius; he also needs to go. too much weight on bouw's shoulders; he can't anchor our d. trnka/odelein/mezei/lilja are slow-skating stiffs, and if van ryn is our #2, borderline #1, i'd venture to say we are in serious trouble. this team is unbearable. but, hey, each game wasted is okay, because after all it's early in the season :shakehead

Saabato
11-05-2003, 05:30 PM
Evildreams: I actually agree with you. The truth will hurt for some people.

Thewbacca
11-05-2003, 05:38 PM
I don't know where this team is going...maybe to Milwaukee or Winnipeg.

evildreams
11-05-2003, 06:12 PM
kozlov producing again. awwwww, 3-2; so close, yet so far. ain't playing catch up a *****? that's what happens when you dig youyrself a big fat hole during a game (3-0) and to open the season (4-7).

DJ Spinoza
11-05-2003, 06:20 PM
I heard that Ed Olcyzk was interviewed at some point and said Fleury will start Saturday. (I read it on another message board). I hope it's true, because I just made a post about it in the Pens forum...

Am I correct?:confused:

Thewbacca
11-05-2003, 06:47 PM
The Florida play by play guy (one doing the interview) said he is exhited about Fleury playing Saturday. I'm not sure if he really knew he was starting but Olcyzk never commented on the possibility.

IceKatsRHot
11-05-2003, 06:48 PM
Random Thought...

Is it just me or does Horton fall down when he gets the puck, even though no one ever touches him?

Seems strange, hopefully we dont have another worrell-level type skater

DJ Spinoza
11-05-2003, 06:59 PM
The Florida play by play guy (one doing the interview) said he is exhited about Fleury playing Saturday. I'm not sure if he really knew he was starting but Olcyzk never commented on the possibility.

Oh...

If you'll check the thread I made in the Pens forum, it has a link to where I heard that from.

Guess we'll find out on Friday. Hope I don't look dumb.http://hfboards.com/images/smilies/blush.gif

Clash*
11-05-2003, 07:51 PM
Oh...

If you'll check the thread I made in the Pens forum, it has a link to where I heard that from.

Guess we'll find out on Friday. Hope I don't look dumb.http://hfboards.com/images/smilies/blush.gif
Yeah Eddie was on the broadcast tonite talkin hockey and Fluery was brought up. I didn't catch anything concrete bout Fleury playin, but I think he was, as they were talkin Horton and Fleury bein high on the Pens charts. I'd expect Fleury to start mainly for the draft reason.

Coolburn
11-06-2003, 03:43 AM
Random Thought...

Is it just me or does Horton fall down when he gets the puck, even though no one ever touches him?

Seems strange, hopefully we dont have another worrell-level type skaterI was thinking the same thing at the game on Saturday when he scored his goal. It might have something to do with the ice at ODC because it often seems slow. I don't remember if I see it as much when he's playing on road games but I know I've seen him fall in a lot of home games. But it looks like he's finally finding the net so I don't care how he gets them in (personally, I would've rather my predicted tie come true than predicting his 2nd goal).

FlaPanthers7
11-06-2003, 09:06 AM
I have a guess where this team is going: for Ovechkin - that's the secret master-Dudley plan! :D

sting_fan
11-06-2003, 09:21 AM
I have a guess where this team is going: for Ovechkin - that's the secret master-Dudley plan! :D

The way this team is going, they'll end up dead last and will lose out on the Ovechkin sweepstakes as well.

BTW, Potvin mentioned something very interesting last night. Maybe Keenan could use it to get the team to shoot a little more.

"The best pass is always a rebound."

Captain8
11-06-2003, 09:42 AM
The way this team is going, they'll end up dead last and will lose out on the Ovechkin sweepstakes as well.

BTW, Potvin mentioned something very interesting last night. Maybe Keenan could use it to get the team to shoot a little more.

"The best pass is always a rebound."

Maybe for this team...

However, on the play which prompted the comment, I thought Kozlov made the right decsion in trying to set up Novo. It was a play made for two players playing their role in the best hockey league in the world. I wouldn't want them to dummy down so that a coach won't have to do the same in his postgame bull session.

In general, I don't think Keenan has the luxury of criticizing individual shoot vs. pass decisions (never mind him trying to couch the issue as some kind of incurable Euro malaise or a byproduct of youth, ignorance, ingrained tendencies, or whatever) until he fixes the bigger problems. Any idiot, except him, knows that a more disciplined outfit wouldn't be facing such a large SOG deficit. You can't get SOGs playing shorthanded as often as the Panthers.

IGM
11-06-2003, 12:01 PM
I saw allot of great young plyaers on the ice for you guys last night. I was very impressed with a few of them. I thought that Olie looked great and Van looked like he was the real deal. You had a few other solid players too. None of them played well together unfortunately but that will come.

I think you will be a solid team this year once everyone starts playing on te same page. Of course, if playing poorly got you a shot at Ove, the best Russian to come along possibly of all time then I might take that chance. I have a freind who lives in Moscow who has been telling me about this kid for three years now. Ove is a true celeb over there and has his own tv show (sort of) as well as being treated like royalty with the press. Reminds me of 99 sort of. I would have my team tank to get him.

How about IF you land him we send you Dustin Brown, Tambellini and Gleason for him plus our first and third rounders? Of course, you would have to send us an also ran to even it out but for a guy like Ove, I might be tempted....

Chin up, you guys have a ton of talented young players and will turn it around soon. (as soon as Keenan goes)