Boucher not practicing with team

11-05-2003, 04:35 AM
It was in the AZ Republic, you should already have it bookmarked :-)

Allaire is in Springfield to evaluate JMP & Lenny, so Boucher is sitting at home this week.

This is bad, we need to do something here quick. I say send Boucher to Springfield, Lenny to the ECHL. We have to do something to get this situation better, and I think Boucher couldn't be any lower at this point.

winnipegjets4life
11-05-2003, 07:08 AM
It was in the AZ Republic, you should already have it bookmarked :-)

Allaire is in Springfield to evaluate JMP & Lenny, so Boucher is sitting at home this week.

This is bad, we need to do something here quick. I say send Boucher to Springfield, Lenny to the ECHL. We have to do something to get this situation better, and I think Boucher couldn't be any lower at this point.
i like this idea...
I figure boucher could prolly pass through waivers...
if he gets picked up.....well then it solves our dillema. if not.....then it still gets rid of one of the keepers with the parent club.

CoyoteBaloney
11-05-2003, 09:03 AM
I say send Boucher to Springfield, Lenny to the ECHL.
That's where I had Lenny starting the season. He gets to play 3 out of every 4 games and he faces a lot of rubber.

Dan
11-05-2003, 11:07 AM
Barnett is good at throwing contracts out, this Boucher deal is a lesson learned for him. I think a lot of people thought Burke would be injured by now, but even if that happens you have to look at the depth. JMP could come up and Lenny would be the man in Springfield while Dickie backed him up.

11-05-2003, 11:20 AM
Barnett is good at throwing contracts out, this Boucher deal is a lesson learned for him. I think a lot of people thought Burke would be injured by now, but even if that happens you have to look at the depth. JMP could come up and Lenny would be the man in Springfield while Dickie backed him up.

The Savage & Boucher deals are albatrosses, and oddly enough we'd be far better without those two on the books. Even the contract extension given to Nazarov at the time has come back to bite us to some degree, as it's more than we need in the pressbox.

Ideally I'd like to see this...

This year:
NHL: Burke-Bierk
AHL: Pelletier-Boucher (until a move is made, keep him away from Lenny)
ECHL: LeNeveu

Next season, whenever that may be:
NHL: Bierk-Pelletier
AHL: LeNeveu-Dickie

Waldo
11-05-2003, 11:30 AM
I would be satisfied as long as they are down to 2 goalies on the roster.

ulf
11-05-2003, 07:27 PM
hanzus and esche are too fresh in the mind of mgmt to permit walking away from boosh.

send him down on a conditioning stint and hope[to the echl] that something can happen in the near future.

i prefer lenny in springfield with the team.