I am wondering

Pensfan66
11-05-2003, 07:46 AM
I am wondering if we needed do we have enough in the budget to go and get a player? Watching the game last night its very evident we need another scoring threat. Sergi Berezin is still out there. I know we have to play all of our young guys but maybe we could find room for a pretty good goal scorer in this league. Also given the amount of prospects we have maybe we could package one to get another scorer as well.

AEKaki
11-05-2003, 07:58 AM
I am wondering if we needed do we have enough in the budget to go and get a player? Watching the game last night its very evident we need another scoring threat. Sergi Berezin is still out there. I know we have to play all of our young guys but maybe we could find room for a pretty good goal scorer in this league. Also given the amount of prospects we have maybe we could package one to get another scorer as well.

I honestly like Berezing because he's pure offense. He shoots the puck.
But has no defensive skills. Now with Fleury in the mix, it might be safer to sign Berezing if he comes in cheep.

I would trade the likes of Bradley, McKenna and Kraft to open a spot for him. Holzinger too obviously!

Pensfan66
11-05-2003, 08:07 AM
I wouldn't trade Bradley, he looks like a keeper with the way he played last night. But Holzinger and Mckenna, that's a different story. Mckenna we could get a late round pick. Holzinger I am sure has almost no value.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina
11-05-2003, 08:24 AM
I would want to keep Bradley, and if they trade McKenna, I would want to see Simpson called up as I already like him more than McKenna fighting wise, and after watching McKenna fight last night, I do hope Simpson gets called up and McKenna gets sent down.

The Tang
11-05-2003, 08:44 AM
i'd much rather see holzinger go.

also you must remember if we sign someone they must clear through waivers and any team has a shot at getting him. after all, its how we got webb.

Big McLargehuge
11-05-2003, 09:02 AM
stark really seems to have it in for Bradley.

He's not gonna score alot, he does his job very, very well.

kutdacheez
11-05-2003, 09:36 AM
also you must remember if we sign someone they must clear through waivers and any team has a shot at getting him. after all, its how we got webb.

And what? :confused:
Are you worried that McKenna may get picked up on waivers?

kutdacheez
11-05-2003, 09:39 AM
stark really seems to have it in for Bradley.
He's not gonna score alot, he does his job very, very well.
I happen to agree with Stark. Maybe I just don't understand what Bradley's job is? What is it that he's doing so well? Let alone very, very well.

The Tang
11-05-2003, 09:40 AM
no, i was refering to anyone who is signed, like berezin being mentioned before. from the end of the waiver draft until dec. 10 if anyone is signed to a new contract they msut clear through waivers before they join your team.

Koltsov71
11-05-2003, 09:42 AM

I believe he was referring to if we signed Berezin.

That was my understanding of it, at least.

kutdacheez
11-05-2003, 09:44 AM
no, i was refering to anyone who is signed, like berezin being mentioned before. from the end of the waiver draft until dec. 10 if anyone is signed to a new contract they msut clear through waivers before they join your team.
Nevr thought of that . . . I thought you were worried about losing someone from our team!

Anyhow, if someone wanted Sergei Berezin (which I don't BTW) why wouldn't they just sign him.

The Tang
11-05-2003, 09:49 AM
Nevr thought of that . . . I thought you were worried about losing someone from our team!

Anyhow, if someone wanted Sergei Berezin (which I don't BTW) why wouldn't they just sign him.

someone who needs offensive help may pick him off like we did webb. if a team is desperate enough, you never know...

davemess
11-05-2003, 09:53 AM

Doesnt the team have the choice of which player they sent to waivers? I thought that was the case rather than the player who was signed having to be exposed.

Pensfan66
11-05-2003, 09:55 AM
I would say we are desperate enough, teams should have a least a little fear that if they score the first two the game isn't pretty much over right then.

The Tang
11-05-2003, 09:57 AM
Doesnt the team have the choice of which player they sent to waivers? I thought that was the case rather than the player who was signed having to be exposed.
hmm... i'm not sure, but i think no. my thinking is that because the player was not in the waiver draft, hence could not be protected/exposed, then they must pass hrough waivers after signing.

plus, i can see Clarke taking whoever we sign just out of spite.

The Tang
11-05-2003, 11:03 AM
If a team like pittsburgh gets a guy to sign a contract, you know its for peanuts so Sergei would be outtie in no time on waivers.

exactly why i wouldnt sign anyone until after dec. 10.

Til the End of Time
11-05-2003, 11:17 AM
Wait til Dec. 10 and then look into signing Cliff Ronning

The Tang
11-05-2003, 11:31 AM
Wait til Dec. 10 and then look into signing Cliff Ronning
im pretty sure he wants over 1M a year, which you know the Pens wont dish out. i wonder if they had talked to thomas at all since the wings just signed him.

look out for orpik
11-05-2003, 12:33 PM
i would like to have mike comrie :cry:

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina
11-05-2003, 12:44 PM
i would like to have mike comrie :cry:
I wouldn't love what Pittsburgh would have to give up to get him.

The Tang
11-05-2003, 12:46 PM
I wouldn't love what Pittsburgh would have to give up to get him. come on, it would only be something like koltsov beech and whitney.

DJ Spinoza
11-05-2003, 01:27 PM
Bradley is a good third or fourth liner who forechecks well, creates energy, and does well shutting down the other teams top lines.

There's really not much point in bringing Berezin here, IMO.

Holzinger can be a decent player, but Eastwood is doing a good job as the third line center and there really is no room for Holzinger. He along with McKenna I see as expendable, but the only guys who could be used in their roles would be guys like TK and Meloche.

I strayed a little far off the original topic. Oh well.

Speed Kills
11-05-2003, 01:55 PM
I will like to see them bring up Surovy (sp) for scoring and trade for a solid D-man. We were just outmatched by Toronto last night.

The Tang
11-05-2003, 04:35 PM
I will like to see them bring up Surovy (sp) for scoring and trade for a solid D-man. We were just outmatched by Toronto last night.
and what would other teams want from us for their solid d-man?

btw, what happened to yushkevic? i would have though someone to sign him in the off season but no one did.

The Tang
11-05-2003, 04:55 PM
maybe cuz he is asking for too much? :dunno:thats my thinking. lso, maybe the fatc he played for 3 different teams last year could make him look bad in many's eyes.

Speed Kills
11-05-2003, 06:53 PM
I thought that Surovy played well with Mario last year. So, I would like to see him play on the 1st line and slide Koltsov to the 2nd line.

The pens have a lot of options they could use to get a top 3 defense man. If Roszival is on his way back, I would try to see what i can get for Tarnstrom, Kraft and a 2nd round pick or Lupy. But, everything depends on th eplayer we are trying to get.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina
11-05-2003, 07:37 PM
The only player I would like to see called up right now would be Lupaschuk. The Pens need another point man on the powerplay and there is no room for Surovy right now. If Surovy gets called up, that means one of Koltsov or Malone will play on the third line and they deserve to keep their current spots on the roster, IMHO. I would like to see Abid get more playing time, though.