Straka-Kraft-Morozov

spence___
11-05-2003, 07:18 PM
I guess it all hinges on whether Mario decides to play Friday or not.

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/penguinslive/s_163832.html

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina
11-05-2003, 07:52 PM
It is a chance for Kraft to take the ball and run with it. I also like the fact that Straka admitted he is playing poorly and went out of his way to say it isn't because of his foot injury.

Koltsov71
11-06-2003, 03:51 AM
I hope he plays.

puskarm
11-06-2003, 07:26 AM
Eddie Olcyzk had the audacity to claim that sitting Kraft was "a numbers game."

Come on!

Steve Webb, Steve McKenna and Brian Holzinger are all in uniform, while Milan Kraft sits -- AGAIN. What happened to Edzo's comment a week or so ago that Kraft was "working his tail off?"

There was a stretch of about 10 games last season, as I'm sure everyone here prolly remembers, where Kraft looked outstanding, like a legitimate scorer who could rack up 20 or 30 goals a season. Then he tailed off and was forgotten about.

That very well might all be Kraft's fault. I don't coach him and I don't sit next to him in the locker room. But I've seen him play and I know that he does have the talent. But a player like that needs top two line minutes, period. Do you think Mario Lemieux would have any impact if he played five minutes a game?

Give Kraft a shot, already. Malone belongs on the third line anyway with Bradley and Eastwood. There is this undeniable, gnawing feeling in my belly... we're watching Markus Naslund all over again. And if they do succeed in trading Kraft to a team like Atlanta, I would not be surprised at all to see Kraft score 30 goal in the near future.

The Tang
11-06-2003, 07:40 AM
Give Kraft a shot, already. Malone belongs on the third line anyway with Bradley and Eastwood. There is this undeniable, gnawing feeling in my belly... we're watching Markus Naslund all over again. And if they do succeed in trading Kraft to a team like Atlanta, I would not be surprised at all to see Kraft score 30 goal in the near future.
i think youre' really stretching here. one good streak during the season doesnt translate into a 30 goal scorer. besides, naslund was at least able to hold a roster spot, kraft hasnt been able to do that getting sent between Pit and WBS. im seeing zero naslund here.

puskarm
11-06-2003, 08:09 AM
im seeing zero naslund here.

I guess time will tell. But that stretch last season wasn't a fluke, in my opinion. It was a flash of his skill, a window into his potential at the pro level.

If I said he *will* score 30 goals someday, I'd agree that is a stretch. But to say he has the *potential* to do so would be hard to refute.

Evilo
11-06-2003, 09:27 AM
Eddie Olcyzk had the audacity to claim that sitting Kraft was "a numbers game."

Come on!

Steve Webb, Steve McKenna and Brian Holzinger are all in uniform, while Milan Kraft sits -- AGAIN. What happened to Edzo's comment a week or so ago that Kraft was "working his tail off?"

There was a stretch of about 10 games last season, as I'm sure everyone here prolly remembers, where Kraft looked outstanding, like a legitimate scorer who could rack up 20 or 30 goals a season. Then he tailed off and was forgotten about.

That very well might all be Kraft's fault. I don't coach him and I don't sit next to him in the locker room. But I've seen him play and I know that he does have the talent. But a player like that needs top two line minutes, period. Do you think Mario Lemieux would have any impact if he played five minutes a game?

:bow:

DJ Spinoza
11-06-2003, 10:30 AM
Mario shouldn't play if he is deciding now. All it would take is one play and he's done this year.

Give Kraft yet another shot.

It's not like Mario's exactly the key to this team winning right now...That goes to Marc-Andre Fleury, plain and simple.

The Tang
11-06-2003, 10:33 AM
I guess time will tell. But that stretch last season wasn't a fluke, in my opinion. It was a flash of his skill, a window into his potential at the pro level.

If I said he *will* score 30 goals someday, I'd agree that is a stretch. But to say he has the *potential* to do so would be hard to refute.
i'm good with that.

puskarm
11-06-2003, 11:30 AM
i'm good with that.

:)

Rowsdower
11-06-2003, 12:49 PM
1)Steve Webb, Steve McKenna and Brian Holzinger are all in uniform, while Milan Kraft sits -- AGAIN. What happened to Edzo's comment a week or so ago that Kraft was "working his tail off?"

2)Do you think Mario Lemieux would have any impact if he played five minutes a game?

1) Mckenna and Webb both have minimal icetime, but I can't argue with Holzinger...how he is getting these minutes game after game is mind boggling....I do believe Kraft should have one last shot before he gets the axe.....we really don't have much to lose and maybe it can raise his trade value a bit if he can produce....

2) Yes.