Scott Stevens has 900 points

meehan
11-05-2003, 09:56 PM
Not bad for a defensive defensemen. Sadly, he still probably has the hardest shot on the team. I think he was clocked at 93 MPH last allstar game.

NJDevs430
11-06-2003, 05:25 AM
I remember when he took the puck for that competition - skated in - and stumbled...skated back with a big grin on his face and tried it again. Of course, I wanted to see him rip a 105er into the net...but 93 is pretty decent - I couldn't even keep my feet about me enough to register anything above double nickels.
Of course, the best grins come when Scotty gets hit really hard by someone like Eric Lindros and he just gets back up and flashes that grin - 'Next time you skate by me, it'll be different'
}:-)>

John Flyers Fan
11-06-2003, 07:11 AM
Not bad for a defensive defensemen. Sadly, he still probably has the hardest shot on the team. I think he was clocked at 93 MPH last allstar game.

Earlier in his career he was far from just a defensive defenseman. With the Caps and early in his Devils career he had a good offensive game.

The Caps often used him in front of the net on their PP.

4check22
11-06-2003, 09:46 AM
Earlier in his career he was far from just a defensive defenseman. With the Caps and early in his Devils career he had a good offensive game.

Yeah, and he also led the Devils in scoring back in 94 with 78 points. When the Devils went defensive, he bought into it fully. Great all-around defenseman who can turn on the offense when he needs to.

Unthinkable
11-06-2003, 10:34 AM

I've watched Jacques Martin do this with Chara a few times this season as well. Pretty sure the Sens used this tactic a bit last season as there is likely no bigger screen in hockey then Big Boy Chara sliding in front of the opposing netminder yanking the parking break outside the crease. :joker:

meehan
11-06-2003, 12:42 PM
I've watched Jacques Martin do this with Chara a few times this season as well. Pretty sure the Sens used this tactic a bit last season as there is likely no bigger screen in hockey then Big Boy Chara sliding in front of the opposing netminder yanking the parking break outside the crease. :joker:

Actually there are a few teams that do this. In Colorado they use Blake in front of the net. Back when Hatcher was in Dallas they used him as a screen. I am sure there are other teams that do this as on the powerplay you want your biggest guy in front of the net and on alot of teams their biggest guy is a defensemen.