Who's fault is it?

justapantherfan
11-06-2003, 02:26 AM
Alright, here is the big question.

Who's fault is it that we are so bad at home.

The players?
The Coach?
Or are the Ref's costing us the game?
All of the above?

Can only one thing be the problem or a couple things.

It's hard to watch a game when the Ref's do nothing but call calls on one team and not the other. There were 3 high sticking calls that never went called, 1 tripping call that never went called (leading to LA's 2nd goal), these were some of the calls I had clear sight on. For crying out loud Val got a high stick in the face in front of the ref and nothing called.

The coaching seams to be well how should I put this. OFF, almost non existing and the players just don't seem to want to listen to Mike. Here is a perfect example of them not wanting to do what he says.
Keenan said, "We don't shoot the puck enough and never have since I've been here."

Or is it the fact that our players are so young or inexperienced that is killing it for us.

Maybe it is just a little factor from each one that is hurting our team.

Coolburn
11-06-2003, 02:49 AM
Its all a possibility that the ice surface hurts us as well. Remember, its more difficult to have fast ice when the temp never gets to freezing down here. When you have a team based on speed, its not a good thing that you're barn has slow ice. It would be like the Marlins playing on a field after the rain but no tarps covered the field. That can't be blamed on anyone too because its just a producting of our weather.

PUCKBOY99
11-06-2003, 04:08 AM
The usual problems were at work again: too many shots against (35), too many penalties taken (8) by the league's second-most-penalized team and too little scoring by an offense that has averaged fewer than two goals a game.

PICK A GOAT !!! :mad:

evildreams
11-06-2003, 04:14 AM
Its all a possibility that the ice surface hurts us as well. Remember, its more difficult to have fast ice when the temp never gets to freezing down here. When you have a team based on speed, its not a good thing that you're barn has slow ice. It would be like the Marlins playing on a field after the rain but no tarps covered the field. That can't be blamed on anyone too because its just a producting of our weather.

bad excuse. both teams have to play on it. if anything, fla should be at an advantage, as they should be used to their slush by now.

PUCKBOY99
11-06-2003, 04:21 AM
WOW....for once I agree w/Evildreams!!!

Changes are needed & soon.......................

rmp
11-06-2003, 06:53 AM
There is a better team here that a different coach would bring out, much like what happened with Atlanta last year, although I think what can be done with this team is pretty limited.
Even during the summer and training camp when this season's outlook was at its highest, I didn't expect anything but a marginal improvement over last year.
I don't think they should change anything now. They'll miss the playoffs regardless and if they're not making the playoffs, they're better off right at the bottom so they the best chance in the Ovechkin sweepstakes.

Captain8
11-06-2003, 07:23 AM

And when a team stinks as bad as the Panthers, the ice temperature becomes even more of a factor. (Yes, a cheap shot.)

But I do think the ODC ice is one of the poorest in the league. And the fast, skilled, pass-oriented players are the ones that usually suffer. Although if the Panthers are the ones who are consistently at a disadvantage, then it's likely more mental than anything else since both teams have to deal with it.

On the general topic, the feedback loop on this team is non-existent -- at the bottom and at the top. Over the last year, there has been no corrective action taken by anyone. The same symptoms on the ice are recurring over and over again; neither the coach nor the GM is equipped to deal with them.