Best way to kill a lawnmower motor without looking suspicious

Going Back to Cally
06-11-2006, 07:16 PM
My nextdoor neighbor likes to mow his lawn either very early or very late in the day. This really pisses me off especially when he does it early in the morning. I can sabotage his mower when he is at work during the day but how?

Will sugar in the gas tank be enough to ruin the motor and will it leave no evidence behind?

benji
06-11-2006, 07:17 PM
C-4

SpeakerForTheDead
06-11-2006, 07:19 PM
whip it out

shove it up.

Dobermann
06-11-2006, 07:22 PM
Does it have a pullstart?

If so, sneak over there, pull the cord out a little way, and fray it with a knife. When he yanks on it the cord will break.

Vincent Vega
06-11-2006, 07:23 PM
Idiot...he will just buy another lawnmower. So rather then ruin this one, and then the next one, and so on in till he catches you and you have to kill him just skip ahead and kill him now.

Masao
06-11-2006, 07:31 PM
I remember a story of a guy who lifed his lawnmower to threaten his neighbor and the neighbor put his hands up to protect himself and the thing sliced off his fingers. Pretty intense.

zetterberg40
06-11-2006, 07:34 PM
you could water down the gas a lot, hell start it and boom, hell have to take it in, giving you some time, then a few months or weeks later do it again, he will just think hes getting bad gas, so atleast toy with him a little, haha

parabola
06-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Idiot...he will just buy another lawnmower. So rather then ruin this one, and then the next one, and so on in till he catches you and you have to kill him just skip ahead and kill him now.

This is good advice.

HFNHL Canadiens
06-11-2006, 07:42 PM
put grass munching bugs in his lawn, kinda like that King of the Hill episode

He can't mow the lawn if there is nothing to mow

Going Back to Cally
06-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Good advice but I kind of want the guy to have to buy a new mower.

SpeakerForTheDead
06-11-2006, 07:47 PM
steal it

break it apart

leave the evidence at someone else's house

Roughneck
06-11-2006, 07:57 PM
Kill his lawnmower, then your own, a murder-suicide of sorts.

kira
06-11-2006, 07:58 PM
If it wasn't for the fact that they could do some major damage, a few strategically placed rocks could do some damage. Chop up a set of blades quicker than you can say Lawn Boy.

Going Back to Cally
06-11-2006, 08:02 PM
If it wasn't for the fact that they could do some major damage, a few strategically placed rocks could do some damage. Chop up a set of blades quicker than you can say Lawn Boy.

I thought about unscrewing the the blade alittle hoping that when he starts it up it will come off and take off a foot.

FanSince2014
06-11-2006, 08:09 PM
My nextdoor neighbor likes to mow his lawn either very early or very late in the day. This really pisses me off especially when he does it early in the morning. I can sabotage his mower when he is at work during the day but how?

Will sugar in the gas tank be enough to ruin the motor and will it leave no evidence behind?Holy shnikies, someone wants to mow his lawn.
How dare he?!?!?!?

Ever think of asking him to not do it so early in the morning?

The Nemesis
06-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Not to rain on your parade or anything, but have you ever considered just politely asking him not to mow so early in the morning?

If you have, and he's just being a dick about it, then the best thing I can think of is to determine whether the mower runs on straight gas or an oil/gas mix, then empty the tank and fill it with the opposite.

If the mower doesn't explicitly specify whether it requires straight gas or a mixture, then check if it tells you what kind of engine it uses. Two-cycle engines use oil/gas mix, four-cycle engines use straight gas (and usually have a separate spout to add oil).

Putting the wrong type of gas into the mower should screw it up either way.

Going Back to Cally
06-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Holy shnikies, someone wants to mow his lawn.
How dare he?!?!?!?

Ever think of asking him to not do it so early in the morning?

Yes, and he still does it. He had his second chance now it is time to pay. I am fine with him mowing his lawn but not at 5:45am like he did this morning.

gobolt7
06-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Yes, and he still does it. He had his second chance now it is time to pay. I am fine with him mowing his lawn but not at 5:45am like he did this morning.

5:45?? Thats just plain wrong, its still dark out. :shakehead

Going Back to Cally
06-11-2006, 08:15 PM

He really hates the heat. Or so he says.

Murphy*
06-11-2006, 08:16 PM
Bleach in the gas tank. Trust me.

Going Back to Cally
06-11-2006, 08:18 PM

How much? Can I just put alittle or do I have to fill up the whole tank?

Either way Thanks.

weaponomega
06-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Rig the mower with explosives. So when he starts up the lawnmower, KABOOM. You take out him and the lawnmower.

Dobermann
06-11-2006, 08:24 PM
You know what you should do? Get up about 4 a.m. one morning, crank up his lawnmower, roll it over next to his bedroom window and leave it there. Maybe he'll get the message.

BobaFett424
06-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Rig the mower with explosives. So when he starts up the lawnmower, KABOOM. You take out him and the lawnmower.
damn...you beat me to it

i guess you could pee in his gas tank too. that way you get revenge and relieve yourself at the same time

Bring Back Krajicek*
06-11-2006, 08:28 PM
burn down his house, and torture and kill his entire family in front of him
then slice his face off with the mower, and voila! no more lawn mower problems!

Finkle is Einhorn
06-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Depending on where you live, there might be bylaw restrictions on what time he can mow the lawn (most cities state 7am - 10pm as being acceptable). Next time he does it, give them a call. Either that or sneak over every morning and spray a salt water solution on the lawnmower. In three to four years, the whole thing will be rusted out and he'll totally have to replace it!

Flukeshot
06-11-2006, 08:30 PM
You should be able to do some damage by flooding the oil, just keep pressing the little priming rubber thingy that should do it. You are really only supposed to do it 3x but if you go nuts on it you should be able to flood the engine. Works for the customers at my work you return lawnmowers everyday for a number of stupid reasons.

Plus there is no real evidence, other than your finger-print.

benji
06-11-2006, 08:48 PM
burn down his house, and torture and kill his entire family in front of him
then slice his face off with the mower, and voila! no more lawn mower problems!
Also, don't forget to eat his children.

bmxer
06-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Also, don't forget to eat his children.
Evidently. This is key.

Going Back to Cally
06-11-2006, 09:01 PM
You know what you should do? Get up about 4 a.m. one morning, crank up his lawnmower, roll it over next to his bedroom window and leave it there. Maybe he'll get the message.

That really is a good idea.

kira
06-11-2006, 09:24 PM

I hadn't even been to sleep yet at that hour of the morning! I think I would have used a shotgun on him...or the mower, I don't know which.

Do you have a noise ordinance on the books?

Going Back to Cally
06-11-2006, 09:27 PM
Yes there is, he has pissed me off enough for me to want him to get more than a fine though.

kira
06-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Unless you want to wind up in jail, I'd seriously advise keeping it legal. Lodge a complaint that he is violating the noise ordinance, and press charges.

Going Back to Cally
06-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Unless you want to wind up in jail, I'd seriously advise keeping it legal. Lodge a complaint that he is violating the noise ordinance, and press charges.

I will not get caught.

kira
06-11-2006, 09:35 PM
I got it...I have a friend who is learning to play bagpipes...How about that under your bedroom window at 4AM?

benji
06-11-2006, 09:41 PM
I got it...I have a friend who is learning to play bagpipes...How about that under your bedroom window at 4AM?
Will your friend be willing to stay/wake up till/at that time though? I know I wouldn't.

kira
06-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Will your friend be willing to stay/wake up till/at that time though? I know I wouldn't.

For the right incentive I think I could talk Tristan into it. I could also threaten to play my accordion under his window at that time. And I'm used to being up late nights.

The n00b King *
06-11-2006, 09:51 PM

i agree with this guy.

bleach will corrode the motor and do irreparable damage.

just put a cup of it and that should be enough.

znk
06-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Yes there is, he has pissed me off enough for me to want him to get more than a fine though.

Thank god I dont have ppl like you as neighbores.

Winston Wolf
06-11-2006, 11:23 PM
Landmine.

Dobermann
06-11-2006, 11:27 PM
Landmine.

Now THAT is ****ing hardcore.

Tuff Gong
06-11-2006, 11:31 PM
dynomite under his pillow.

kira
06-11-2006, 11:38 PM
Landmine.

Christ, remind me never to tick you off.

Brad*
06-12-2006, 02:49 AM

You could put bleach in the gas tank, which would also work. The bleach will corrode the inside of the tank causes the fuel system to pump pieces of rust into the engine. But if you want it to get the engine right away, but the bleach inside the oil tank. The oil and bleach mixture burns much hotter than regular oil, and the engine will likely seize within minutes. Btw, sugar in the gas tank doesn't really do anything. It doesn't caramelize, that's just a myth.

I take no responsibility for what happens, but bleach is your winner.

clefty
06-12-2006, 05:01 AM
Poison his soil with peroxide or something so the grass doesn't grow anymore.

Roy G Biv*
06-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Everyone must realize that somehow he'll end up dead, and the authorities will find this thread.

Lecavilier_4
06-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Hire Cory Sarich to destroy it.

Going Back to Cally
06-12-2006, 10:03 AM
I didn't get to do it last night because we are in a Hurricane Warning, I hope the wind blows down his shed though, it will be a sign that I am right.

Meatwad
06-12-2006, 10:09 AM
Unscrew the blade off and throw it away. He will start his mower thinking its fine, mayble he'll even finish his lawn route then only realizing it did jack ****. Either way victory is yours.

Lecavilier_4
06-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Unscrew the blade off and throw it away. He will start his mower thinking its fine, mayble he'll even finish his lawn route then only realizing it did jack ****. Either way victory is yours.
How does this help him with the lawnmower waking him up?

romba
06-12-2006, 02:04 PM
Sand in his break fluid. Then when he'll be flying down the interstate...WHAM! Mothuh****er won't know what hit him. Sum***** ain't goan' mowing at 5:45 no more, that's for sure.

Gee Wally
06-12-2006, 02:16 PM
first get some liguid grass killer and leave him a message on his lawn to knock off the early mowings.

That is fair warning as far as I'm concerned.

If he fails to heed the warning....empty the gas out of his tank and refill it with coleman fuel.

romba
06-12-2006, 02:20 PM
first get some liguid grass killer and leave him a message on his lawn to knock off the early mowings.

If he fails to heed the warning....empty the gas out of his tank and refill it with coleman fuel.
Coleman? As in Gary Coleman? That's taking it too far my friend, too far. No one deserves that.

kira
06-12-2006, 02:45 PM

I was thinking along the lines of kerosene myself...or diesel fuel. That would gum up the works.

triggrman
06-12-2006, 03:13 PM
I have a landscaping company, you think his mower is loud wait until he has to pay someone like me to do it, although, we wouldn't do it in a residential area before 8:00 a.m.

Pouring bleach or rock salt in his yard will kill his grass for the season.

Bleach or breakfluid will ruin the motor, breakfluid even gives off a cool smoke.....

Pothier
06-12-2006, 04:47 PM
take a dump in the fuel tank.

Magnus Fulgur
06-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Easy: destroy his entire lawn. Bleach, fire, digging would work...

But be clever about it: how about introducing his lawn to some really nasty pests?

PEli*
06-12-2006, 07:11 PM
Go to a bulk grocery store and get a 40kg bag of salt. Empty it equally on his lawn at night and water it. Or get a tank of gas and burn his lawn. If price is an issue, you should go with the 40kg salt bag. Gas is a rip off.

Lots of salt and then water. It would be impossible to figure out what happened.

1datsyuk3*
06-12-2006, 09:30 PM
you need to wait until he goes away for a day or two and dig a 10 foot deep pit in his yard, shove a bunch of spears down there, sharp end pointing up and then cover up the pit with a bunch of weak sticks and put a thin grass layer on top...

PolishBingo
06-13-2006, 06:47 AM

Will sugar in the gas tank be enough to ruin the motor and will it leave no evidence behind?

Bring it over to my house. My starter cord broke yesterday and my grass needs mowed.

RedLightDistrict
06-13-2006, 08:09 AM
What you need to do syphon the gas out of the tank. next, place bleach, with a combination of oxyclean in the gas tank. dispense the gas along his long in an obscene, vengeful sentence, and take out lighter. extend hand. watch the hours go flying by. In addition, planes overhead can see what you wrote.

nic29+
06-17-2006, 10:53 AM
Give the lawner mower to my neighbor he really needs to cut his grass and he never does. :madfire:

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/2962/nieghbors0jx.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

The nice lawn is mine and the tall grass beside the fence is his.

BigStar
06-17-2006, 11:15 AM
Give the lawner mower to my neighbor he really needs to cut his grass and he never does. :madfire:

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/2962/nieghbors0jx.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

The nice lawn is mine and the tall grass beside the fence is his.

holy crap, is your neighbour the laziest person in the world? that grass is loooooong :confused:

nic29+
06-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Leaf Lander has been known to mow fields for neighbours.....

Well pretty soon they'll just have to bring the swather in and bale it.

JWINK19
06-17-2006, 10:35 PM

You live in the South, when is he supposed to do it? Everyone in my neighborhood mows their lawn before 9AM or after 6PM so they don't drop from heatstroke. Give the guy a break.

Murphy*
06-17-2006, 11:17 PM
You live in the South, when is he supposed to do it? Everyone in my neighborhood mows their lawn before 9AM or after 6PM so they don't drop from heatstroke. Give the guy a break.

Screw him. Patty Murphy worries about number 1. That's all that matters.

Oh the night that Patty Murphy died, is a night I'll never forget
Some of the boys got a loaded drunk, and they ain't got sober yet;
As long as a bottle was passed around every man was feelin' gay
O'Leary came with the bagpipes, some music for to play
Chorus:
That's how they showed their respect for Patty Murphy
That's how they showed their honour and their pride;
They said it was a silly shame and they winked at one another
And every drink in the place was full the night Pat Murphy died

As Mrs. Murphy sat in the corner pouring out her grief
Kelly and his gang came tearing down the street
They went into an empty room and a bottle of whiskey stole
They put the bottle with the corpse to keep that whiskey cold

Chorus

About two o'clock in the morning after emptying the jug
Doyle rolls up the ice box lid to see poor Patty's mug
We fixed the clock so Mrs. Murphy couldn't tell the time
And at a quarter after two we argued it was nine

Chorus

They stopped the hearse on George Street outside Sundance Saloon
They all went in at half past eight and staggered out at noon
They went up to the graveyard, so holy and sublime
Found out when we got there, they'd left the corpse behind!

Chorus

Some of the boys got a little drunk and they ain't been sober yet;

Chorus

Well every drink in the place was full the night Pat Murphy died!

Thus, destroy the mother ****ers lawnmower. C4 *****! C4! **** bleach!

kira
06-18-2006, 12:10 AM
Screw him. Patty Murphy worries about number 1. That's all that matters.

Some of the boys got a loaded drunk, and they ain't got sober yet;
Chorus:
That's how they showed their respect for Patty Murphy
That's how they showed their honour and their pride;
They said it was a silly shame and they winked at one another
And every drink in the place was full the night Pat Murphy died

As Mrs. Murphy sat in the corner pouring out her grief
Kelly and his gang came tearing down the street
They went into an empty room and a bottle of whiskey stole
They put the bottle with the corpse to keep that whiskey cold

Chorus

About two o'clock in the morning after emptying the jug
Doyle rolls up the ice box lid to see poor Patty's mug
We fixed the clock so Mrs. Murphy couldn't tell the time
And at a quarter after two we argued it was nine

Chorus

They stopped the hearse on George Street outside Sundance Saloon
They all went in at half past eight and staggered out at noon
They went up to the graveyard, so holy and sublime
Found out when we got there, they'd left the corpse behind!

Chorus

Some of the boys got a little drunk and they ain't been sober yet;

Chorus

Well every drink in the place was full the night Pat Murphy died!

Thus, destroy the mother ****ers lawnmower. C4 *****! C4! **** bleach!

I can't believe someone else loves that song besides me! Great Big Sea version, I assume? You rock!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

SpeakerForTheDead
06-18-2006, 01:38 AM
So, Patrick, you kill the lawnmower yet?

Going Back to Cally
06-18-2006, 06:48 AM
So, Patrick, you kill the lawnmower yet?

Tuesday the 20th he goes out of town, that will be when I strike. I actually bought some bleach saturday.

As for me living in the South and I should get over it. No.

TheSabre
06-18-2006, 07:54 AM
Way to stand up for your sleeping rights! I cannot wait to hear how this works out.

SpeakerForTheDead
06-18-2006, 10:16 AM
Yeah! Kill that Mother****er!

bottleCAPS
06-18-2006, 01:31 PM
Tuesday the 20th he goes out of town, that will be when I strike. I actually bought some bleach saturday.

As for me living in the South and I should get over it. No.

two more days! :pickle:

Fish on The Sand
06-18-2006, 02:18 PM
how is it still dark? The sun is up before 5.

Bud The Spud*
06-18-2006, 02:50 PM
No matter what you do, he'll buy another one. You know the only option here....I'm sure it was already recommended.

1datsyuk3*
06-18-2006, 07:18 PM

My dad was always looked on as a satanist b/c he would mow the lawn on a Sunday...god do i hate some aspects of the south.... :rant: Bible Belt Baptists :shakehead :madfire:

gamera
06-25-2006, 09:20 AM
Soooooooo....how did it go?

:devdance:

As long as you didn't leave a paper trail, you should be all set.

:walrus:

goleafsgo
06-25-2006, 09:40 AM
Gasoline and a match. When I was at my friends house, his dad was mowing his lawn, and the thing just went up in flames. I still laugh about that.

Bud The Spud*
06-25-2006, 11:59 PM
Did you kill it yet?

vwg*
06-26-2006, 12:45 AM
I just found this thread, and I'm eager to find out how it went.

CtB
08-11-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm gonna assume the plan went horribly wrong.

SpeakerForTheDead
08-11-2006, 04:13 PM
and he is now in lawnmower hell.

GoGionta
08-11-2006, 04:51 PM
some cities has some rules about that. Just look at them or call thje city and complain if there's such rules

or how about asking him nicely ?

felixd
08-11-2006, 05:37 PM
So have the tables turned and the lawnmower killed Patrick/XO Sniper?

Last night I was preparing for a dinner outside besides my pool and the contractors showed up to do the grass. :madfire: :madfire:

There should be a rule on lawnmowing etiquette.

gamera
08-11-2006, 05:59 PM
he told me the guy doesn't do it early in the AM anymore

RandV
08-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Hmm, I guess I'm a bit late coming here with a suggestion. Personally I loved the land mind suggestion, though that may be a bit difficult to aquire and pull off.

However, putting military ordinance aside, your standard industrial grade explosives can do the trick. All you really need is a blasting cap. The explosive end is shaped kind of like a pen, so just cut the wire off, and stick it in the ground a bit below the grassline so its hidden. Those things will explode upon heavy contact, with enough force to blow off your hand, so should be perfect for taking care of the underside of a lawnmower ;)