a huge surprise

Dancing Chicken
11-06-2003, 03:34 PM
Is Hrdina, or lack of him. I was really excited about him being a Yote. I am a Hrdina fan but he is just not clicking.. Maybe its because I only listen to the games so my info is limited but from the fans who have been watching him whats your take?? Good and the bad please..

hbk
11-06-2003, 03:51 PM
it looks like he's searching for a role. he's not playing center and is he a checker or a scorer? He's a better goal scorer than what he's shown but his reputation as a pass first, shoot second is well earned. I really think he's struggling to find his identity with this team. Give him some time.

CoyoteBaloney
11-06-2003, 04:05 PM
The Coyotes are still juggling their lines and looking for some sort of chemistry. Gratton needs to drop down to the 3rd line with Hrdina being the center (a much more natural position for him IMHO).

Koltsov71
11-06-2003, 04:29 PM
Hrdina's not playing center? I really think that is where he is best.

Hoot
11-07-2003, 02:49 AM
it looks like he's searching for a role. he's not playing center and is he a checker or a scorer? He's a better goal scorer than what he's shown but his reputation as a pass first, shoot second is well earned. I really think he's struggling to find his identity with this team. Give him some time.

Sounds like another Handzus situation developing. Hridna probably isn't playing with players who see the game in the same way he does.

hbk
11-07-2003, 04:41 AM
Sounds like another Handzus situation developing. Hridna probably isn't playing with players who see the game in the same way he does.

it was evident last night again. he needs to be placed in a center ice role. he's not a natural left winger IMO.

Radivojevic was our most effective player last night. I keep underestimating how good of a player he is.

HughJass*
11-08-2003, 01:41 PM
He has to play center, and he will always be a great face-off man but I doubt he has any offensive upside than what he has already shown. Playing on a line with Lemieux at times may have hidden his lack of offensive talent, too.

If I do remember correctly, the Penguins tried him at leftwing but he was never comfortable there. I don't know why other teams always think it will work out better for them :dunno: For example, Alexandre Daigle. The guy will always have a job because everyone will think "it may work out for us" :D

11-08-2003, 03:27 PM
This is where we run into a small problem with the depth at center on this team. We are fairly strong on the right side as well, and weakest on the left. Kolanos is probably the most likely to move out of position if we go with Langkow-Hrdina-Gratton-Sillinger as our top 4 center ice. Hrdina would be far better at center, and I've said that since we got him. Kolanos has been least effective, but has had some weaker linemates as well when Cleary is his best winger. He seems to have shown some chemistry with Cleary, but it hasn't produced anything yet. I still say I wish we would have started Kolanos in Springfield this year.

ulf
11-08-2003, 07:51 PM
maybe just dress 11 fwd's leaving a variety of centres to play with nash and wilson.

lw...nagy savage gratton
rw...bronco doan kolanos
c.....langkow hrdina sillinger with doan playing some 4th line centr or gratton etc.

that way ference stays in the lineup till he gets his head back, sort of in a mop up roll.

the yotes just beat the ducks 4-3 in overtime. :handclap: