Yotes/Avalanche

Devils Advocate
11-06-2003, 07:44 PM
hmmm, let's see:

Ference sucks ass. He takes the stupidest penalties, & did I already say he sucks ass?

Selanne doesn't like getting roughed up by Hulse (which I'm not arguing might very well have been a penalty), so he cross-checks him in the back of the neck, cross-checks him again, & then gives him another shot to the head - 2 minutes my ass, but I guess the refs were trying to 'make-up' for the missed roughing call.

**** Selanne.

Then even though the refs let Selanne take as many liberties as he wanted, they make a bogus call on Mara as he plays defense against Selanne behind the net. So essentially another make-up call for Selanne. Avalanche score the game winning goal.

**** the refs.

Then Forsberg grabs Gratton's head from behind, ***** him, rips off his helmet & his head, & proceeds to attack his head & shake it around like a rag doll, much like an albino tiger would Roy Horn. No Call.

**** Forsberg, **** the refs.

Nice tackling of Tanabe. **** the refs.

In summary:

**** the refs, **** Selanne, **** Forsberg, **** the Avalanche, **** me.

good effort boys (with the exception of Ference)!

Peace~!

ps - Suchy is easily the most improved player thus far.

rbrooks
11-06-2003, 08:00 PM
Ference might get close with the press box in AWA and might have it named after him in the Glendale Arena if he keeps up this play.

Hordichuk_24
11-06-2003, 08:48 PM
And the Ference deal for Hordichuk was such a good move... :shakehead

I didn't like Ference before, and I still don't like him now...

Dan
11-07-2003, 03:48 AM
Who was that player that tackled Tanabe in the corner on the PP? Tanabe could have cleared the puck if he wasn't tackled from behind. Put Spiller in for Ference next game.

CoyoteBaloney
11-07-2003, 06:32 AM
And the Ference deal for Hordichuk was such a good move... :shakehead

I didn't like Ference before, and I still don't like him now...
So far the best piece of that trade has been the draft pick .. .not sure who that ended up being, but Hordichuk isn't even as good ... errrrr ... Hordichuk is worse than Ference. I didn't want to use the word good when talking about Ference.

eye
11-07-2003, 07:10 AM
So far the best piece of that trade has been the draft pick .. .not sure who that ended up being, but Hordichuk isn't even as good ... errrrr ... Hordichuk is worse than Ference. I didn't want to use the word good when talking about Ference.

I like to come back every once in awhile to stir things up and liven up this board. What happened to all the Ferrence supporters of last year who described him as the 2nd coming of C"""""" when I came on the board and defended Mike Keenan as a coach that would never give up on a bonified top 4 type dman at his salary level? You all basically told me I was nuts. Boy, how the pendulum swings in this game.

CoyoteBaloney
11-07-2003, 08:05 AM
I like to come back every once in awhile to stir things up and liven up this board. What happened to all the Ferrence supporters of last year who described him as the 2nd coming of C"""""" when I came on the board and defended Mike Keenan as a coach that would never give up on a bonified top 4 type dman at his salary level? You all basically told me I was nuts. Boy, how the pendulum swings in this game.
So basically you like to come back and just cause crap. Figures. Hey man, you are opnly doing yourself the disservice of always returning here after your drama queen speech about why you are no longer an NHL fan. Do yourself a favour and leave once and for all instead of always returning like some love starved teeny bopper fawning after a college ... er pro guy.

hbk
11-07-2003, 09:24 AM
I like Ference. He's got some skill and adds a toughness quotient that will be very welcome on this squad provided he applies it with some discretion instead of taking needless, undisciplined penalties. He shouldn't be playing a top 4 role until he displays that ability.

hbk
11-07-2003, 09:30 AM
far from the reason we lost the game but there were a number of suspect calls / noncalls last night.

I still don't know why Nagy received a 2 minute delay of game penalty that put us down two players.

The mugging in the corner on Tanabe went unnoticed by two referees which I would have understood had he not been carrying the puck. That's interference in any league from pee wee to the pros. To not make that call was ludicrous.

Sakic falling down to create a trip. If you see the replay the stick never hit the skate and Sakic went down. However, that's a reputation call and those happen. I can live with that call.

Just seemed like the referees were playing to the home town crowd. I always hate to make these types of posts because I still think we would have lost the game regardless of the penalties. It just bothers me that we don't seem to get a break when it comes to the officiating.

_Del_
11-07-2003, 11:07 AM
I like Ference. He's got some skill and adds a toughness quotient that will be very welcome on this squad provided he applies it with some discretion instead of taking needless, undisciplined penalties. He shouldn't be playing a top 4 role until he displays that ability.

I'll agree. He's still young, big and mean -- and fairly mobile. He's always had the rep for taking bad penalties, so I don't know why everyone is so shocked at this 'development'. Will he ever be a true #3-4? No idea, but there's still the hope and he's a serviceable dman who's young, I don't see what the backlash is about...

Good to see you, Eye! ;)

_Del_
11-07-2003, 11:08 AM
So basically you like to come back and just cause crap. Figures. .

You are OFFICIALLY the last person I want to hear anything about causing "crap" from....

:shakehead

Gwyddbwyll
11-07-2003, 12:30 PM

Boy that's a nice martyr complex you've got.

Nobody described him as the second coming of Christ. Most around here thought he was a 3rd pairing dman with an ability to step up to the top 4 when needed. You know enough about hockey not to need to pull this kind of crap trying to make yourself sound like a misunderstood genius surrounded by philistines.

Gwyddbwyll
11-07-2003, 12:33 PM
far from the reason we lost the game but there were a number of suspect calls / noncalls last night.

I still don't know why Nagy received a 2 minute delay of game penalty that put us down two players.

Think it was for flipping the puck into the crowd and wasting time ? Not sure really.

The answer to your later question is easy really.. the Coyotes have no stars so they never get star treatment.

hbk
11-07-2003, 12:35 PM
I don't think anyone can deny that Ference's play at the end of last season was far better then his first ten games this season. I don't think we should panic on him just yet. He has a little bit of Marty McSorley in him which I think was the attraction in the first place. He's legitimately tough, he's just got to prove he's got a brain to go along with the brawn. If I recall correctly, Markov went through an adjustment period as well in Toronto.

hbk
11-07-2003, 12:38 PM
Think it was for flipping the puck into the crowd and wasting time ? Not sure really.

The answer to your later question is easy really.. the Coyotes have no stars so they never get star treatment.

you know I thought that might be it but shooting the puck out shouldn't be a penalty because technically the play is whistled dead as soon as the Phoenix player touches the puck. Where the puck goes should have no relevance. If it goes in the Colorado net would we get a goal? I'm pretty pissed at that call if that is the case.

refereeing was shoddy last night both ways. Selanne was obviously frustrated but to be honest I never saw what Hulse did but I'm sure he wasn't playing nice.

Hordichuk_24
11-07-2003, 12:47 PM

Well Hordy has more goals than Ference right now. :p He is also playing real well getting 8-10 minutes of playing time. Regardless he is a better fit in Florida anyway. But still, I am bitter about that trade... :mad:

ulf
11-07-2003, 02:33 PM
the trade for ference looks like a disaster this week,he has played himself off the team in my op.

does he have potential yes, and more of it than hordy but lets not be homers and admit we got jobbed so far.

basically we paid safronov zainullan/ hordichuk and a 2nd for this kid and he ain't lookin too good.

patience is what we need....but i don't have much.

hbk
11-07-2003, 05:54 PM
yes, horrible asset management by the Coyotes; especially when you factor in the huge price we paid to acquire Hordichuk.

I've always thought that Phoenix knew up front what Markov's asking price was going to be and they knew they would deal him at the draft. They overpaid to get Ference because they knew they desperately needed his size and toughness on their soon to be revamped blueline if Markov was going to be dealt.

_Del_
11-07-2003, 08:47 PM
I've always thought that Phoenix knew up front what Markov's asking price was going to be and they knew they would deal him at the draft. They overpaid to get Ference because they knew they desperately needed his size and toughness on their soon to be revamped blueline if Markov was going to be dealt.

It might be true, but I think you're giving them too much credit...

Hordy is a nice little player, not worth alot trade value wise, but a decent energy guy, ala Nash (tho atleast Hordy has the cojones to get his butt kicked dropping the gloves)... and I don't think a 2nd was a bad gamble for Ferrence. Has it worked so far -- no.

The deal to acquire Hordy, I was never a fan of, however...

CoyoteBaloney
11-07-2003, 08:47 PM
You are OFFICIALLY the last person I want to hear anything about causing "crap" from....

:shakehead
:lol: another drama queen.

CoyoteBaloney
11-07-2003, 08:51 PM
Well Hordy has more goals than Ference right now. :p He is also playing real well getting 8-10 minutes of playing time. Regardless he is a better fit in Florida anyway. But still, I am bitter about that trade... :mad:
Hordi is a forward and Ference is a defenseman .. .they are supposed to have more goals and points :p

8-10 minutes of ice time??? :joker: Art Ross Trophy here we come!

Hordichuk_24
11-07-2003, 09:57 PM
Hordi is a forward and Ference is a defenseman .. .they are supposed to have more goals and points :p

8-10 minutes of ice time??? :joker: Art Ross Trophy here we come!

Tell Bobby Orr that. :p :lol:

Well that is about the same amount of time Ference is getting these days. :D

CoyoteBaloney
11-07-2003, 09:58 PM
Tell Bobby Orr that. :p :lol:

Well that is about the same amount of time Ference is getting these days. :D
Come on now even you can understand that Orr and Ference/Hordipuke have played in different eras of the game. :shakehead

And there is only one Bobby Orr. I am sure he is ashamed to be mentioned in the same posts as either Ference or Hordichuk.

Hordichuk_24
11-07-2003, 10:10 PM
Come on now even you can understand that Orr and Ference/Hordipuke have played in different eras of the game. :shakehead

And there is only one Bobby Orr. I am sure he is ashamed to be mentioned in the same posts as either Ference or Hordichuk.

Oh lighten up Tony. I was just having fun with you... :p

CoyoteBaloney
11-08-2003, 04:55 AM
Oh lighten up Tony. I was just having fun with you... :p
By making silly observations that a forward has out-scored a defenseman? I don't get it??? :dunno:

hbk
11-08-2003, 05:13 AM
It might be true, but I think you're giving them too much credit...

Hordy is a nice little player, not worth alot trade value wise, but a decent energy guy, ala Nash (tho atleast Hordy has the cojones to get his butt kicked dropping the gloves)... and I don't think a 2nd was a bad gamble for Ferrence. Has it worked so far -- no.

The deal to acquire Hordy, I was never a fan of, however...

Realistically, if management doesn't have the foresight to be proactive in a situation like they found themselves in with Markov then I'm extremely scared about their future.

We've given Barnett some breaks in terms of criticism. Some of his mistakes are painfully obvious at this point (Handzus/Boucher, original Hordichuk deal). I don't have a huge problem with the Ference deal because we made a deal during the time of year where players go for a premium. Ference has enough upside to balance that deal out.

One thing I think needs to be brought up now is Barnett being prevented from exercising his authority. We've all read on the main board how Phoenix apparently had agreed on a deal involving Papineau and Van Ryn for Burke at the deadline. Of course that's from a St. Louis source so I trust that rumor about as much as I beleive that Gretzky is about to make a comeback. However, if true would Van Ryn's 5 goals look pretty good on this blueline or would his skill set be redundant with the acquisition of Tanabe. Of course by bringing this up I'm giving credibility to a rumor that I don't agree but Gretzky has vetoed deals in the past (Tkachuk to Carolina).

Waldo
11-08-2003, 05:31 AM
One thing I think needs to be brought up now is Barnett being prevented from exercising his authority. We've all read on the main board how Phoenix apparently had agreed on a deal involving Papineau and Van Ryn for Burke at the deadline. Of course that's from a St. Louis source so I trust that rumor about as much as I beleive that Gretzky is about to make a comeback. However, if true would Van Ryn's 5 goals look pretty good on this blueline or would his skill set be redundant with the acquisition of Tanabe. Of course by bringing this up I'm giving credibility to a rumor that I don't agree but Gretzky has vetoed deals in the past (Tkachuk to Carolina).

Where would we be without Burke? We don't have a replacement.

XX
11-08-2003, 09:38 AM
Where would we be without Burke? We don't have a replacement.

That would be a sign of going for the #1 overall, so Pelltier and Bierk can split the time and work with allaire.

It wouldnt be pretty, egos would be hurt and the new arena wont sell well. All in the name of Ovechkin and rebuilding, sad isnt it?

Hordichuk_24
11-08-2003, 10:25 AM
By making silly observations that a forward has out-scored a defenseman? I don't get it??? :dunno:

You don't understand anything I ever say Tony. So why does this surprise me?? :dunno: