Scott Niedermayer, (II)
Ahren Nittel, (II)
Ilya Pikkarainen, (II)
Erik Rasmussen, (II)
Alex Suglobov, (II)
Colin White, (II)

Brodeur
11-07-2003, 07:40 AM
Was Lou allowed to sign those rookies to one year contracts.

Doubt it. Pikkareinen perhaps, but I'm pretty sure Suglobov and DeMarchi would have been signed to multiyear deals.

Sergei Brylin will most likely be granted group V free agency (10 pro years, less than league average salary).

I thought Colin White signed a multiyear deal, but I could be mistaken.

Blackjack
11-07-2003, 10:25 AM
No, you're right about Colin White. When arbitration time came, Lou told Colin not to go to arbitration, and that he would be taken care of. He wasn't lying either, 3 years @ $2.5 million per.

NJDraft
11-07-2003, 11:20 AM
The two most important names, aren't on the list: Madden and Neidermayer [III].

Brodeur
11-07-2003, 11:23 AM
The two most important names, aren't on the list: Madden and Neidermayer [III].

Niedermayer (and Rafalski) won't be 31 by July 1st, hence why he's listed as a group II free agent. So unless by some weird circumstance where the new CBA somehow retroactively grants UFA status based on the new rules, Nieds will be group II for the summer.

USA Today's website has Madden signed through 2004-05, although I've read elsewhere he can walk after this year. Maybe it's a player option for next year.

Tao Jones
11-07-2003, 06:06 PM
Niedermayer (and Rafalski) won't be 31 by July 1st, hence why he's listed as a group II free agent. So unless by some weird circumstance where the new CBA somehow retroactively grants UFA status based on the new rules, Nieds will be group II for the summer.

USA Today's website has Madden signed through 2004-05, although I've read elsewhere he can walk after this year. Maybe it's a player option for next year.
I thought the cutoff for birthdates was September 15th, for FAs?:dunno: