Time to laugh at the Knicks again; Larry Brown offically dumped, Isaiah new headcoach

GKJ
06-22-2006, 09:35 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2496106

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Not only am I laughing at the Knicks, I'm also laughing at Larry Brown

Ronnie Bass
06-22-2006, 09:40 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/nba/06/22/knicks.coach/index.html

Can we all laugh at the Knicks again?

:biglaugh:

Seriously, how in the hell does Isiah get ever more power? What a joke franchise.

Transplanted Caper
06-22-2006, 09:41 AM
:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Withe the first pick in the 2007 NBA Draft the New York Knicks select....

X0X0A0
06-22-2006, 09:47 AM
So Brown will get 50 million for one year of coaching?

GKJ
06-22-2006, 10:03 AM
I was laughing first dammit :eviltongu

Leafs_Fa_Life
06-22-2006, 10:11 AM

Dee Brown :biglaugh:

TVanek26*
06-22-2006, 10:42 AM

Not only did the Bulls get the Knicks 1st round pick in this year's draft for Eddy Curry,they also get the right to swap 1st's in 2007 too :)

Tuggy
06-22-2006, 10:50 AM

Bruinaholic
06-22-2006, 11:58 AM
I cant wait to hear Mad dog Russo tear into this today..
The funniest thing ive heard him say about Isiah was back when the Knicks traded Nazr Mohammed to the Spurs hes like "did Isiah wake up, have a couple Martini's then get on the phone w/ San Antonio" :biglaugh:

Hawkalyzer
06-22-2006, 12:05 PM
Welcome to Chicago, Greg Oden! :yo:

Ar-too
06-22-2006, 01:37 PM
Welcome to Chicago, Greg Oden! :yo:
My first thought: "But he doesn't come out until next ye...." :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

DevilFisch
06-22-2006, 07:02 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Long live the Isiah Thomas Reign of the Knicks! King Isiah the Hilarious!

You mean the Bulls. I do believe they have the option to swap first round picks with NY in 2007.

Fire Sather
06-22-2006, 07:07 PM
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Knicks Basketball. Isiah freakin Thomas.

I saw this while watching the World Cup before I left for the Mets game.. nice morning laugh.

Safir*
06-22-2006, 07:28 PM
I wouldn't mind, if the Bobcats snag Larry Brown.

Greek_physique
06-22-2006, 07:30 PM
It gets more interesting!!!! :biglaugh:

The Knicks reportedly do not plan on paying Larry Brown the $40 million remaining on his contract after firing him Thursday morning.

The Knicks say that Brown violated several provisions of his contract, thus firing him "for cause," meaning they do not intend to pay him the balance of his contract. Under terms of Brown's five-year deal, he can appeal the team's decision to withhold his pay and NBA commissioner David Stern would ultimately decide the outcome. Let the soap opera continue in NYC because this is far from over

New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/22/sports/basketball/22cnd-knicks.html?hp&ex=1151035200&en=087efd39ccbfa525&ei=5094&partner=homepage)

btn
06-22-2006, 08:26 PM
What exactly does it take to get fired as Knicks GM?

Dolemite
06-22-2006, 08:58 PM
...and the Isiah Thomas trophy for worst performance by a franchise goes to...

xander
06-22-2006, 09:49 PM
What I love is that the Knicks are going to try and justify they're 'for cause' claim by saying that Larry Brown violated his contract because he critisized his (read:isiah's) players in the media. Which meens that, in the mind of James Dolan, critisizing underachieving players is grounds for firing the coach but spending 120 million dollars on the second worse team in the leauge is grounds for promoting the GM. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

You seriously can't write this stuff, no one would believe you if you did.

Teemu
06-22-2006, 10:12 PM
And to think... we get to trade first round draft picks with them next year!

xander
06-22-2006, 10:15 PM
Thank god hockey, soccer, and baseball fill my sports quota, leaving me no time to get into basketball. 5 years ago I was an avid knick fan and I would be pulling my hair out right now if I hadn't lost interest in sport.

Dolemite
06-22-2006, 10:33 PM
Think about it this way. You have more ammo to launch at trash talking Yankee fans.

Cerebral
06-23-2006, 01:50 AM
They just need one more combo guard who likes to hold on to the ball and take the big clutch shots... :teach:

took420s
06-25-2006, 11:26 PM
It gets more interesting!!!! :biglaugh:

The Knicks reportedly do not plan on paying Larry Brown the $40 million remaining on his contract after firing him Thursday morning.

The Knicks say that Brown violated several provisions of his contract, thus firing him "for cause," meaning they do not intend to pay him the balance of his contract. Under terms of Brown's five-year deal, he can appeal the team's decision to withhold his pay and NBA commissioner David Stern would ultimately decide the outcome. Let the soap opera continue in NYC because this is far from over

New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/22/sports/basketball/22cnd-knicks.html?hp&ex=1151035200&en=087efd39ccbfa525&ei=5094&partner=homepage)

I heard on the radio that Larry Brown's contract included a clause that if something like this was to happen...David Stern would be the main arbitraitor in the settlement hearing. Allegedly Stern really wanted Larry in NY and convinced both sides to try it out :dunno:

Blackjack
06-25-2006, 11:51 PM
[url]
Seriously, how in the hell does Isiah get ever more power? What a joke franchise.

I wonder if it's possible to do more damage to a franchise in less time than he's done in his tenure. Seriously, he took the team from being at the edge of the playoffs to a total joke, and one of the worst teams of all time. He jacked the payroll through the roof, and he got rid of all his 1st rounders. Oh, and in the process he managed to pay his coach twice as much as A-Rod. It's so bad, they can't even rebuild. They litterally have to spend two seasons flushing all the ***** down the toilet before they can even begin to rebuild. I honestly think they need to bring in an interim GM whose only job is to not trade away picks or prospects (Do they even have prospects in the NBA? :dunno: ) or sign FAs for the next 2 or 3 years, and then start fresh with a new GM. It's shocking how bad the situation is. Rangers fans should consider themselves very lucky that they escaped this kind of lunacy.

This is analagous to Pittsburgh being about twice as bad as they are now, but not having Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, or Staal to show for it.

12# Peter Bondra
06-26-2006, 04:05 AM
The more I see what bad moves the Knicks make, the more I think that anybody here could be a better GM than Thomas.

Dolemite
06-26-2006, 04:57 AM
The more I see what bad moves the Knicks make, the more I think that anybody here could be a better GM than Thomas.

Maggie the Monkey would make a better GM and would probably get the Knicks to the postseason before Thomas ever would.

DevilFisch
06-26-2006, 08:22 PM
Ultimatium time! James Dolan gives Isiah 1 year to fix this mess. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2501271)

It's going to be hilarious when Isiah makes more of a mess to clean up when he tries to "fix" it. Trade for Kenyon Martin! Draft a shoot-first combo guard! Raise ticket prices! Take it to the limit, Isiah!

Maggie the Monkey would make a better GM and would probably get the Knicks to the postseason before Thomas ever would.

Send a recommendation to Mr. James Dolan, he may consider it after this year. :)