Petr Schlastlivy

GoPenguins
11-07-2003, 01:02 PM
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam031107/nhl_ott2-sun.html

I was browsing the HF boards, and was cheking out our opponents board and someone there posted a link about Petr Schlastlivy. The article itself is dealing with the demoting of Vermette, but in it, the mediot speculates the Sens may step up their efforts to trade Schlastlivy.

Now I admit I dont know a great deal about him, but he is supposedly a shoot first/pass later kinda winger, and he does play LW. I dont think he is getting much ice time in Ottawa. If it is true and he might be moved (to presumably allow Vermette to be recalled), is he worth trying to get? Or is the reporter speculating waaaay too much?

Bottom line is I dont know how expensive he'd be, or whether we'd have much we'd be willing to part with that Ottawa would want, but would Schlastlivy be worth pursuing? The idea of a LW who apparently has a sharp wrist shot and a fondness to shooting sounds pretty good to me.

DJ Spinoza
11-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Maybe they'd want Webb in that case.;)

I honestly don't think we'd have much to offer the Sens. I doubt they'd take on Straka (actually I am almost sure they wouldn't), and they are very set with defensemen (so no Rozival offers).

Here's hoping a Sens fan can put some input in here.

Maybe we could move a pick for him.:dunno:

Jacob
11-07-2003, 05:46 PM
The only way i see us getting him is if we can trade them Mckenna, i am sure Ottawa would like some more grit on their team for the playoffs and when they play teams like Colorado and etc.

What, do you live in Bizarro World or something?

Schastlivy has some potential. He's a good skater n'at, but his shot is probably his biggest asset. He really has a cannon, and his release is quick as well. He might be a good gamble for a decent price.

Koltsov71
11-07-2003, 05:56 PM
What, do you live in Bizarro World or something?

:lol:

Schastlivy has some potential. He's a good skater n'at, but his shot is probably his biggest asset. He really has a cannon, and his release is quick as well. He might be a good gamble for a decent price.

My thoughts as well.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina
11-07-2003, 06:53 PM
It would be nice to get him in Pittsburgh.

Koltsov71
11-08-2003, 05:07 AM
It would be nice to get him in Pittsburgh.

Yep. Not sure where he would play, but he's someone I wouldn't oppose to acquiring.

Evilo
11-08-2003, 08:31 AM
What the **** is your problem, can you for once lay off the stupid comments and put downs?
Nah that's what he needs to live... :rolleyes:

He would be a great asset, but won't come cheap IMO.

AEKaki
11-08-2003, 09:02 AM
He won't come cheap but Ottawa is the type of club that if they need something, they won't hesitate to trade one of their good young players like Schastlivy. If let's say they would need a guy like McKenna, a big monster to scare opposition, you can see a trade involving these 2 and hopefully Holzinger too...

His shot is his best asset but he has good speed and stickhandling as well.
What was his draft position?

Hossa
11-08-2003, 09:11 AM
We don't need McKenna really. If we want to get a huge fighter, we would have kept Wade Brookbank around, or we'd simply promote Brian McGrattan. Schastlivy could easily score 20-25 goals this year with adequate ice time. He was on pace to do it last year. He dominated the AHL a couple years ago before being called up and getting hurt. If you want a comparison, he's kind of like a poor man's Alexei Kovalev. That's his style, not saying he's going to approach Kovalev, he simply never will.

Ottawa would probably want a LW who has grit but can play a regular shift. Martin doesn't play goons unless they can play a regular shift, making McKenna even less attractive. An idea could be trading Schastlivy for one of the Pens similarily dissapointing young forwards. I don't know how you value guys like Kraft, Beech, Sivek and so forth, but just an idea. All things considered, I think Muckler is much more likely to save Schastlivy for a deal for a guy like Scott Thornton or something.

Evilo
11-08-2003, 03:13 PM
Holzinger+McKenna for Schastlivy??? :joker:
LMAO !

Reign Nateo
11-08-2003, 03:44 PM
They'd probably take Pittsburgh's 3rd, if not then Vancouver's 2nd.

Jacob
11-08-2003, 05:12 PM
What the **** is your problem, can you for once lay off the stupid comments and put downs?
Nope.