GDT: Florida Panthers at St. Louis Blues

Chaos2k7
11-08-2003, 12:38 AM
Florida (5-7-2-0) at St. Louis (8-3-0-1)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/preview?gid=2003110819

If the St. Louis Blues plan on continuing their dominance of the Florida Panthers, they will have to do it without Doug Weight.

Weight, the team's second-leading scorer with 11 points, will miss Saturday's game at the Savvis Center to serve the first of a four-game suspension for a cross-checking incident against Vancouver's Henrik Sedin on Thursday. The 32-year-old center was also fined $180,000, and will not be eligible to return until Nov. 19 at Phoenix.

Weight, who has five points in his last five games, has 12 points in 13 career games against the Panthers. St. Louis is 10-3-3 all-time against Florida, including 6-1-1 at home.

With Weight out, the Central Division-leading Blues will look to Pavol Demitra and Keith Tkachuk, who have tallied 11 points apiece in 12 meetings with Florida.

On Thursday, Tkachuk delivered the game-winner for the second consecutive game as the Blues ended Vancouver's nine-game unbeaten streak with a 3-2 win. He also scored in overtime in a 2-1 home victory over Anaheim on Tuesday. Tkachuk leads the Blues with seven goals.

The Blues have allowed seven goals and killed 25 of 27 power plays at home this season. St. Louis has won seven of nine overall.

The Panthers ended a two-game losing streak Friday by beating Pittsburgh 6-3 on home ice.

Valeri Bure scored two goals and Stephen Weiss, Niklas Hagman, Mike Van Ryn and Olli Jokinen also scored as the Panthers produced their largest offensive output since a 6-0 victory at Pittsburgh on Feb. 6.

Roberto Luongo made 18 saves as the Panthers outshot the Penguins 46-21.

``We're going to continue to preach shooting because that's what you have to do in the NHL against goaltending that is exceptional,'' Panthers coach Mike Keenan said. ``It's the shot mentality.''

Florida is 2-0 in the second of back-to-back games this season.

Qubax
11-08-2003, 09:59 AM
I figure with Luongo facing just 21 shots yesterday he should get the start again tonight....

Horton somewhat quietly has 2goals and 1 assist for 3 points in his last 3 games....

I think we take teh B;lues down tonight....

3-0

IceKatsRHot
11-08-2003, 05:19 PM
2-0 Loss...

Back to another severe practice?

I think so... until these players get it through their heads!

MLH
11-08-2003, 05:30 PM
Did Luongo get hurt???

Thewbacca
11-08-2003, 05:36 PM
No, he was replaced by Shields because Keenan probable thought the defence was getting too lazy (or whatever you may call it) in their zone. It had nothing to do with Luongo's game from what I can make of it.