College basketball talk

Pages : [1] 2

Ar-too
07-11-2006, 04:48 PM
All general college basketball talk in here (inconsequential games, happenings in college basketball - anything you think doesn't deserve its own thread).

Takeo
07-17-2006, 04:14 PM
I'll just say that even with the loss of Ray, Foye, and Lowry, I expect my Cats to be very competitive once again this season. The long-awaited return of Curtis Sumpter, a potential Big East POY, will prove huge as will the addition of Scottie Reynolds at PG after the release from his Oklahoma commitment. I'm looking at a starting five of Reynolds, Nardi, Sumpter, Sheridan, and Cunningham with Clark, Anderson, Benn, and Pena as top reserves. Next season's freshman class will be one of the tops in the nation featuring Corey Stokes, Corey Fisher, and Malcolm Grant. As for this year, I'll say a 4-6 finish in the Big East and another NCAA bid.

Ar-too
07-18-2006, 10:19 AM
With Greg Oden and company coming in, this season is all about the Buckeyes. Given the fact that the Big 10 is weak this year, they could potentially win a dozen or so games in their league.

ktownhockey
07-18-2006, 10:37 AM
The Gators are DEFINATELY the odds on favorite to repeat this year. They didn't lose any of their key players.

C- Noah
F - Horford
F - Brewer
F - Humphries
F - Green

They're looking pretty damn strong.... Hopefully they don't come in over confident...

I think we're gonna see a repeat though...

TVanek26*
07-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Paul Harris baby.Saw him play several times when he played for NF and cannot wait to see how he does at the 'Cuse.

Takeo
07-18-2006, 10:55 AM
Paul Harris baby.Saw him play several times when he played for NF and cannot wait to see how he does at the 'Cuse.

I'm looking forward to seeing Harris as well. UConn also has an amazing freshman class. I think they'll struggle a bit early, but will be a force once again by mid-season. Macklin and Summers should be strong for G'Town, a legit Final 4 contender. Pitt is my pick though for the Big East regular season title. Sam Young and Levance Fields are set to explode.

caniacgirl12
08-18-2006, 11:20 AM
ACC Basketbal schedule was released today:

http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-baskbl/acc-m-baskbl-sched.html

Games I am looking forward to:
02/07/06 Duke @ Carolina
03/04/06 Carolina @ Duke

VanNistelrooy
08-18-2006, 06:38 PM
Yay ! Go Duke !

13Hockey
09-02-2006, 12:27 PM
GO BC Eagles All the Way:yo:

13Hockey
09-16-2006, 03:44 PM
oh and go Maryland I love the Terps

Teemu
10-16-2006, 01:12 AM
Go Illini :yo: :clap: :bow:

**** Eric Gordon! :shakehead

Russian_fanatic
11-19-2006, 06:57 PM
Kevin Durant is killing it so far :bow:

His game reminds me so much of a Rashard Lewis. I think he can be better than Rashard. His jumpshot is just money. I think he should go second overall in the 2007 draft.

The Man in White
11-19-2006, 08:37 PM
Kevin Durant is killing it so far :bow:

His game reminds me so much of a Rashard Lewis. I think he can be better than Rashard. His jumpshot is just money. I think he should go second overall in the 2007 draft.

I haven't seen Texas play, but I'm keeping an eye on him anyhow.

DaveG
11-21-2006, 09:31 AM
It's going to be an interesting season for my Mountaineers this year. John Beilein gets the job done as a coach and runs a system that drives people nuts for a reason. They lost Gansey, Pittsnogle, Herber, Patrick Beilein and Collins from last years team so experience is going to be an issue, but this is a deeper and more athletic group. Wether they get the results this year depends on how quickly they buy into the system... all indications are that they are doing so on the defensive end, but the offense needs work. That said, with the depth of the Big East it's probably an NIT year, anything else will be a pleasant surprise. But some of these publications that have them finishing as low as dead last in the Big East are talking out their *****.

Teemu
11-23-2006, 12:22 AM
UNC loses tonight and Duke loses yesterday... its been a good week.

jacketracket*
12-02-2006, 02:18 PM
With Greg Oden and company coming in, this season is all about the Buckeyes. Given the fact that the Big 10 is weak this year, they could potentially win a dozen or so games in their league.... Oden making his debut tonight. Shame he wasn't able to play the NC game.

Bruinaholic
12-02-2006, 06:05 PM
... Oden making his debut tonight. Shame he wasn't able to play the NC game.

i couldnt see them debuting him in a huge game like that...
too bad the NC game wasnt like 2 weeks from now

Dolemite
12-21-2006, 11:08 PM
UNC loses tonight and Duke loses yesterday... its been a good week.

I wanted to watch Gonzaga/Duke tonight but some lame OSU game went to double OT and I wasn't able to see the first half. I want to see this game in it's entirety tonight. ESPN has got some ****ed up priorities.

Takeo
12-26-2006, 01:43 PM
How is UCONN #9 in the ESPN poll? They've beat Quinnipiac, Central Arkansas, Fairfield, Ole Miss, Albany, Sacred Heart, Texas Southern, Northeastern, St. Mary's, and Pepperdine.

Ar-too
12-26-2006, 02:43 PM
Because they're UConn?

Did I win?

XX
12-26-2006, 05:47 PM
Anyone else think Lute Olson is a great coach? He forms my trifecta with Coach K and Knight.

Takeo
12-28-2006, 10:15 AM
Because they're UConn?

Did I win?

Well you can add Coppin St. to that list. I'm sure their freshman class is amazingly talented, but let's let them actually prove it first.

DaveG
12-30-2006, 08:38 PM
Well you can add Coppin St. to that list. I'm sure their freshman class is amazingly talented, but let's let them actually prove it first.

I think West Virginia just sent the pollsters a message loud and clear today... of course you know they still won't get ranked.

Dolemite
01-07-2007, 12:06 AM
Looks like a double upset in the pac-10 today

FUCLA loses in a great game (watched the game today) to an Oregon team that has been overlooked by the media.

#7 Arizona is trailing Washington State in OT right now by four with 1:40 remaining.

::edit::

Double Upset complete.

WSU upsets #7 Arizona 77-73 in OT

Ar-too
01-07-2007, 02:52 AM
OSU with a nice win at Illinois today. Greg Oden only scores 7 but gets 15 boards. There's talk in Columbus that he's serious about staying at least another year.

Teemu
01-13-2007, 06:31 PM
I'm suddenly in love with VTech... they've upset both Duke and UNC now!

USC Trojans
01-19-2007, 12:51 AM
Anyone think that USC is the real deal and could make an impact during the tourney? (barring a collapse). Nick Young is playing well, and our youngsters Hackett and Gibson could become something special.

Coach Floyd has done really well for this young team, with victories over then #8 Wichita St, #14 Washington, #16 Oregon, #11 Arizona, and almost upsetting #4 UCLA.

I think when the next poll comes out, they'll be ranked in the top 25. With top prep star OJ Mayo coming to SC, I think its a matter of time before the Trojans get recognized as a potential Pac-10 threat. We're no longer just about football.

Dolemite
01-19-2007, 05:29 AM
Anyone think that USC is the real deal and could make an impact during the tourney? (barring a collapse). Nick Young is playing well, and our youngsters Hackett and Gibson could become something special.

Coach Floyd has done really well for this young team, with victories over then #8 Wichita St, #14 Washington, #16 Oregon, #11 Arizona, and almost upsetting #4 UCLA.

I think when the next poll comes out, they'll be ranked in the top 25. With top prep star OJ Mayo coming to SC, I think its a matter of time before the Trojans get recognized as a potential Pac-10 threat. We're no longer just about football.

I think the only team that will stay in the top 25 the longest will be Oregon and FUCLA. The Pac-10 is so competitive a team that is playing .500 conference ball would be able to beat any of the top 10 teams in the nation.

I'll also say this. The Pac-10 tournament is going to be incredible this year. I'm definitely going. I'm not about to miss this at all.

Takeo
01-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Is it necessary that ESPN carries every single Duke game? That team has no star power this season. And frankly, I'm sick of seeing them.

TorontoSports
01-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Is it necessary that ESPN carries every single Duke game? That team has no star power this season. And frankly, I'm sick of seeing them.

Dick Vitale Babyyyyyyy... :shakehead

USC Trojans
01-19-2007, 03:44 PM
I'll also say this. The Pac-10 tournament is going to be incredible this year. I'm definitely going. I'm not about to miss this at all.

No kidding. And maybe also to see the song girls perform.

Dolemite
01-20-2007, 07:37 AM

...and ever single ****ing North Carolina game. Talk about an overrated team. :shakehead

Dolemite
01-20-2007, 09:42 PM
One of ESPN's Sportscenter's play of the day will be coming from the Oregon/Cal game with 6:14 left in the 2nd. MONSTER DUNK!!!

Takeo
01-25-2007, 11:26 AM
My picks for Big East All-Senior team:

FIRST TEAM
G Antonio Graves, Pittsburgh
G Russell Carter, Notre Dame
F Aaron Gray, Pittsburgh
F Curtis Sumpter, Villanova
F Demetris Nichols, Syracuse

SECOND TEAM
G Sammy Mejia, DePaul
G Mike Nardi, Villanova
F Herbert Hill, Providence
F Melvin Buckley, South Florida
F Frank Young, West Virginia

HM: G Colin Falls, Notre Dame; F Lamont Hamilton, St. John's; F Terrence Roberts, Syracuse

Takeo
01-25-2007, 12:50 PM
My picks for Big East All-Freshman team:

FIRST TEAM
G Scottie Reynolds, Villanova
G Eugene Harvey, Seton Hall
F Luke Harangody, Notre Dame
F Da'Sean Butler, West Virginia
F DaJuan Summers, Georgetown

SECOND TEAM
G Jerome Dyson, Connecticut
G Deonta Vaughn, Cincinnati
F Paul Harris, Syracuse
F Hasheem Thabeet, Connecticut
F Stanley Robinson, Connecticut

HM: G Edgar Sosa, Louisville; G Solomon Bozeman, South Florida; G Jerry Smith, Louisville

Takeo
01-25-2007, 12:51 PM
My picks for Big East All-Sophomore team:

FIRST TEAM
G Dominic James, Marquette
G Sharaud Curry, Providence
F Terrence Williams, Louisville
F Joe Alexander, West Virginia
F Wilson Chandler, DePaul

SECOND TEAM
G Jerel McNeal, Marquette
G Eric Devendorf, Syracuse
F Jeff Adrien, Connecticut
F Geoff McDermott, Providence
F Anthony Mason Jr., St. John's

HM: G Weyinmi Efejuku, Providence; G Wesley Matthews, Marquette; F JR Inman, Rutgers

Takeo
01-25-2007, 01:19 PM
My picks for Big East All-Junior team:

FIRST TEAM
G Ronald Ramon, Pittsburgh
G Brian Laing, Seton Hall
F Jeff Green, Georgetown
F Rob Kurz, Notre Dame
F Kentrell Gransberry, South Florida

SECOND TEAM
G Jonathan Wallace, Georgetown
G Mike Cook, Pittsburgh
F Roy Hibbert, Georgetown
F Juan Palacios, Louisville
F John Williamson, Cincinnati

HM: G Jamar Nutter, Seton Hall; G Darris Nichols, West Virginia; G Avery Patterson, St. John's

Takeo
01-25-2007, 01:54 PM
My picks for All-Big East team:

FIRST TEAM
G Russell Carter, Notre Dame
G Dominic James, Marquette
F Aaron Gray, Pittsburgh
F Demetris Nichols, Syracuse
F Curtis Sumpter, Villanova

SECOND TEAM
G Sharaud Curry, Providence
G Brian Laing, Seton Hall
F Jeff Green, Georgetown
F Herbert Hill, Providence
F Frank Young, West Virginia

HM: G Jerel McNeal, Marquette; G Antonio Graves, Pittsburgh; F Rob Kurz, Notre Dame

Dolemite
01-26-2007, 01:00 AM
Upset Brewing in Seattle right now. UW is up 10 over #7 Oregon with less than 2:00 remaining.

gobolt7
02-05-2007, 01:29 AM
In the holy crap department...

FSU goes into Cameron Indoor and parties in front of the Cameron Crazies after knocking Duke off.

Thats upsets over Florida and Duke, if FSU gets in, they will not go quietly in March.

Takeo
02-07-2007, 09:57 AM
In the holy crap department...

FSU goes into Cameron Indoor and parties in front of the Cameron Crazies after knocking Duke off.

Thats upsets over Florida and Duke, if FSU gets in, they will not go quietly in March.

Having watched him live on several occasions, Al Thornton is the best player in the country you've never heard about.

caniacgirl12
02-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Carolina vs Duke game tonight at 9.

Go Heels. ;)

Bourque7799
02-08-2007, 11:22 AM
I would like to personally thank the Tar Heels for handing Duke there 3rd straight ACC lost, I hope Duke drops out of the top 20

Dolemite
02-08-2007, 05:20 PM
I would like to personally thank the Tar Heels for handing Duke there 3rd straight ACC lost, I hope Duke drops out of the top 20

Duke = Most Overrated team in the Nation

Dolemite
02-09-2007, 02:48 AM
Oh it must be close to March. East Coast Homerism is running rampant on ESPN's College Gameday this evening.

Takeo
02-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Projected bid allotments:

American East - 1
A10 - 2
ACC - 6
Atlantic Sun - 1
Big12 - 5
Big East - 6
Big Sky - 1
Big South - 1
Big Ten - 5
Big West - 1
Colonial - 2
USA - 1
Independents - 1
Horizon - 1
Ivy - 1
MAAC - 1
Mid Continent - 1
Mid-American - 1
Mid-Eastern - 1
Missouri Valley - 3
Mountain West - 3
Northeast - 1
Ohio Valley - 1
Pac10 - 5
Patriot - 1
SEC - 4
Southern - 1
Southland - 1
Southwestern - 1
Sun Belt - 1
West Coast - 2
WAC - 2

Basher
02-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Takeo - what about Jody Meeks, of UK. Having a solid season, getting better as the year goes along.

UK vs UF tonight, should be a good game for a while, but I see the Gators comin' away with the win.

DaveG
02-11-2007, 07:25 AM
West Virginia with the upset over UCLA in Morgantown yesterday. :yo:

Great game, all about the defense in that one.

lux_interior
02-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Oh it must be close to March. East Coast Homerism is running rampant on ESPN's College Gameday this evening.

It's east coast homerism 12 months a year at ESPN.

caniacgirl12
02-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Anytime Duke is losing I am a happy girl. :D

SpeakerForTheDead
02-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Woooooooo Tar Heels Baby!!

Dolemite
02-13-2007, 05:55 AM
It's east coast homerism 12 months a year at ESPN.

Actually, it's more than usual. I will concede that the Duke's Women's team is a well oiled wrecking machine. The Men's team is still WAY overrated.

caniacgirl12
02-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Actually, it's more than usual. I will concede that the Duke's Women's team is a well oiled wrecking machine. The Men's team is still WAY overrated.

Way WAY overrated.

Duke sucks.

Dolemite
02-13-2007, 05:21 PM
Way WAY overrated.

Duke sucks.

Uh-oh look who got knocked out of the top 25 today:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/2007-02-12-duke-poll_x.htm

OVER-RATED!!! OVER-RATED!!! OVER-RATED!!! OVER-RATED!!! OVER-RATED!!! OVER-RATED!!! OVER-RATED!!! OVER-RATED!!!

Next up on the Over-rated whipping post....Georgetown!!!

SpeakerForTheDead
02-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Uh-oh look who got knocked out of the top 25 today:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/2007-02-12-duke-poll_x.htm

OVER-RATED!!! OVER-RATED!!! OVER-RATED!!! OVER-RATED!!! OVER-RATED!!! OVER-RATED!!! OVER-RATED!!! OVER-RATED!!!

Next up on the Over-rated whipping post....Georgetown!!!
:yo:

13Hockey
02-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Huge 2nd half comeback by BC but it wasn't enough as the Dukeys win and end there 4 game losing streak.

Dolemite
02-14-2007, 11:27 PM
Great game going on in Seattle right now:

#10 Washington State and Washington

WSU is up by 3 with 11 remaining.

VAcaniac
02-18-2007, 12:04 AM
Duke's been way overrated for the last two years. I still can't believe they were #1 last year. It's all because of the name. The Georgetown game wasn't that big of an upset, it just showed how overrated Duke was. Same for this year. Thank god they've made their way out of the top 25 and hopefully they miss the tournament. Carolina's going to sweep them this year for the first time since 1996. :yo: :yo: :yo:

JaysAttackDucks
02-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Duke will not miss the tournament, even if they are completly over-rated they fill the seats.

Jim Boeheim
02-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Duke has regained a spot in the National Rankings (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/polls;_ylt=As6kfSRZpLfhIs9YSqMrpyTevbYF)

Dolemite
02-19-2007, 11:37 PM
Duke has regained a spot in the National Rankings (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/polls;_ylt=As6kfSRZpLfhIs9YSqMrpyTevbYF)

They're still the most overrated team in the nation. De Nile is not just a river in Egypt.

lux_interior
02-21-2007, 01:35 AM
Duke will not miss the tournament, even if they are completly over-rated they fill the seats.

Yeah, Duke would have to be horrid for them to miss the tourney. Makes sense for the selection committee from a $$$ and national interest POV.

Same concept as Notre Dame's football team making BCS bowls they don't deserve. Although the Duke selection is a slightly more legit one.

Dolemite
02-21-2007, 03:29 AM
Yeah, Duke would have to be horrid for them to miss the tourney. Makes sense for the selection committee from a $$$ and national interest POV.

Same concept as Notre Dame's football team making BCS bowls they don't deserve. Although the Duke selection is a slightly more legit one.

I don't think Duke will miss the dance. Notre Dame I'm hoping will. They had a stat that their non conference strength of schedule ranking was in the 300's. That means they're playing the College Equivalent of fifth grade girls basketball teams.

Takeo
02-21-2007, 10:04 AM
I don't think Duke will miss the dance. Notre Dame I'm hoping will. They had a stat that their non conference strength of schedule ranking was in the 300's. That means they're playing the College Equivalent of fifth grade girls basketball teams.

At worst, ND will finish 22-7 with a 10-6 Big East conference record. Their schedule is rather weak overall with their top wins coming against Maryland, Alabama, and West Virginia but I think they're in. Out of the Big East, I'd say Georgetown, Marquette, West Virginia, Notre Dame, and Pittsburgh are locks. Louisville, Villanova, Providence, and Syracuse are probably competing for two spots.

DaveG
02-21-2007, 11:13 AM
At worst, ND will finish 22-7 with a 10-6 Big East conference record. Their schedule is rather weak overall with their top wins coming against Maryland, Alabama, and West Virginia but I think they're in. Out of the Big East, I'd say Georgetown, Marquette, West Virginia, Notre Dame, and Pittsburgh are locks. Louisville, Villanova, Providence, and Syracuse are probably competing for two spots.

As a WVU fan, I'd say they probably need at least 1 more win before I qualify them as a "lock". A win over either Pitt or Cincy in their last two would do it, even if they were to lose in the first round of the Big East tourny (which I don't think they will). The UCLA win may push them in even if they don't get 1 more win here, but to get off the bubble and really become a lock they need one more to finish over .500 in Big East play.

SpeakerForTheDead
02-23-2007, 01:57 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/powerranking?season=2007&week=16

I don't understand how Duke is still considered a top 4 seed for the Tourny.

caniacgirl12
02-23-2007, 02:08 PM

Did you miss the posts a few ways up about how Duke is OVERRATED? ;)

DaveG
02-23-2007, 03:30 PM

Two words are all the answer you need.

It's Duke.

I ask how WVU is a 12th seed according to projections when they're a top 25 team, but it's just times like this you have to shrug it off and know that reality will hit come tourny time. I see Duke lasting 1 round at most this year.

Dolemite
02-25-2007, 03:58 AM
Until the Gomers that run the College Gameday Basketball shows get their lazy ***** to places like Eugene, Oregon...The Bay area...Pullman or Seattle, Washington for shows their ratings won't mean a thing. The only thing you can conclude from the listing is that the majority of the College B-Ball writing staff are Duke homers....er...Alums.

DaveG
02-25-2007, 10:14 AM
Until the Gomers that run the College Gameday Basketball shows get their lazy ***** to places like Eugene, Oregon...The Bay area...Pullman or Seattle, Washington for shows their ratings won't mean a thing. The only thing you can conclude from the listing is that the majority of the College B-Ball writing staff are Duke homers....er...Alums.

TON of UNCers in that group too. And wouldn't you figure, guess which two teams are on ESPN almost all the ****ing time. I honestly think they need to just go out and make a station for Duke and UNC (maybe even throw in Wake and NCState as well) simply so the rest of us that care about other teams don't have to deal with that **** on a nightly basis.

SpeakerForTheDead
02-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Big game between Ohio St and Wisconsin in a half hour. Should be a good one. I see Oden and the Buckeyes coming off with the win.

SpeakerForTheDead
02-25-2007, 05:52 PM
1 point game with a minute to go. Should be a good finish..

SpeakerForTheDead
02-25-2007, 06:03 PM
And the Buckeyes win by 1 49-48. Big rejection on the last play to win it for Ohio State.

Dolemite
02-25-2007, 10:22 PM
TON of UNCers in that group too. And wouldn't you figure, guess which two teams are on ESPN almost all the ****ing time. I honestly think they need to just go out and make a station for Duke and UNC (maybe even throw in Wake and NCState as well) simply so the rest of us that care about other teams don't have to deal with that **** on a nightly basis.

I stopped watching college basketball on ESPN for that exact reason. It's either one, the other or both that are dominating the airwaves on that friggin channel. There are other better games in the nation during a season than the overrated Duke and friggin UNC teams.

In case you're wondering Duke and UNC Appears 20 times EACH this season on ESPN's networks.

I ask how WVU is a 12th seed according to projections when they're a top 25 team, but it's just times like this you have to shrug it off and know that reality will hit come tourny time. I see Duke lasting 1 round at most this year.

You think that's bad? The Pac-10 is going to be a nightmare:

Check this out.

Oregon Beat Georgetown (In DC)
University of Washington Beat Oregon in Seattle
Oregon Beat UCLA
Oregon beat Washington State (#9 in the AP and #11 in the ESPN/USA today) TWICE
University of Washington beat a then Ranked LSU in Seattle
University of Washington lost to Oregon State

Guess where Oregon is ranked? #23 in the AP and #24 in the ESPN/USA Today rankings.

Based on WVU placement Oregon will probably get a #14 ranking in the tournament.

The Pac-10 is the best conference league bar none but no respect in the polls. Even last place Arizona state has held teams under 76 points a game all season long and they've only won one conference game so far this season.

Dolemite
03-01-2007, 02:07 AM
Duke = Overrated

Captain Conservative
03-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Whos scared of Maryland? They have been one of the top 5 teams in the country over the last month...Strawberry and Vasquez have really stepped up. Beat Duke(2 times), UNC, FSU and NC State. Combine the amazing vision and passing ability of Hayes and Vasquez with all around team speed and this is a team will kill you on the break.

Dolemite
03-01-2007, 11:10 PM
Whos scared of Maryland? They have been one of the top 5 teams in the country over the last month...Strawberry and Vasquez have really stepped up. Beat Duke(2 times), UNC, FSU and NC State. Combine the amazing vision and passing ability of Hayes and Vasquez with all around team speed and this is a team will kill you on the break.

I would be. They played a great game last night.

I'm going to be interested where Duke is ranked after this. This has been my major gripe about Duke this season getting ranked higher over teams like Oregon.

GTG FUCLA and the Washington state Cowpies are playing a great defensive game. They'll be lucky if they reach 20-25 points each by the half. The destination of all dirt roads (Pullman) is a tough place to play in when full.

caniacgirl12
03-02-2007, 11:32 AM
WHAT is going on with Carolina??? :(

gobolt7
03-02-2007, 11:38 AM
What is going on with Florida?

They are getting owned in conference play. :(

danno2530
03-02-2007, 10:56 PM
This is a fun time of year. Conference Tournament Week. I enjoy watching these small conference games almost as much as some of the big guns. A game to watch tomorrow will be the Big South championship. Winthrop, who is so good that they might even get an at-large, playing VMI..a team that routinely scored over 100 points per game this year.

Dolemite
03-04-2007, 03:25 AM
Once again the Pac-10 shows why the Strength of Schedule stat is completely useless and doesn't reflect how tough this conference is this season.

Oh yeah....WOOF!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=270620264

#2 Falls in the final game of their regular season.

The Guy on the Couch*
03-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Did anyone just see Tyler Hansborough cry?

Rochester22
03-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Al Thornton is going to be a beast in the NBA.

Nobody in the NCAA or NBA has the drive, and heart this guy has.

The Guy on the Couch*
03-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Durant'll be better

BleedingOil
03-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Whats the word on his Ankle injury?

BigKahuna*
03-05-2007, 07:04 AM
What is going on with Florida?

They are getting owned in conference play. :(

Personally I think they got a little ahead of themselves and prolly just want to get the tournament underway already. Dont let this little slide fool you , because basically every top team in the nation has had one of these this year. Florida is tournament tested, has just as skilled team as any in the country and is very well coached. Donovan will have this team primed for the start of the tournament and if they do end up with a #2 seed, I think will have alot more motivation then if they were to get a #1.

caniacgirl12
03-05-2007, 09:46 AM

:rolleyes:

He didn't cry. He got up off the ground, blood pouring down his face and still tried to go after Henderson before going to the locker room for repairs.

I haven't heard anything about his nose being broken which is great. That block still pisses me off though - you don't block a shot with your elbow/forearm cocked.

That said - why have your starters even in when you have that big of a lead with less than 20 seconds left?

It sucks but thats what Hansborough does under the basket - goes for the fake pump to draw the foul. This time the foul was a little more than he was expecting.

Dukes all time record against UNC is now 31-32. Go Heels. :D

Bourque7799
03-05-2007, 01:51 PM

I bet you would cry if you just got your nose shattered too. Leave it up a Duke student athlete to throw a cheap shot in at the end of the game. :shakehead

The Guy on the Couch*
03-05-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm not calling him a baby, I'm just asking if anyone saw it. And yeah he did cry.

SpeakerForTheDead
03-05-2007, 02:02 PM

He didn't cry. He got up off the ground, blood pouring down his face and still tried to go after Henderson before going to the locker room for repairs.

I haven't heard anything about his nose being broken which is great. That block still pisses me off though - you don't block a shot with your elbow/forearm cocked.

That said - why have your starters even in when you have that big of a lead with less than 20 seconds left?

It sucks but thats what Hansborough does under the basket - goes for the fake pump to draw the foul. This time the foul was a little more than he was expecting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2788363

It is a broken nose, but he is most likely going to just play with a mask on. Oh, and how great is it to beat up on Duke :D

caniacgirl12
03-05-2007, 05:46 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2788363

It is a broken nose, but he is most likely going to just play with a mask on. Oh, and how great is it to beat up on Duke :D

Whew.

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/basketball/college/img10040705.jpg

He also apparently chipped a tooth or something during the game. I was wondering why he started wearing a mouth guard halfway through the game.

danno2530
03-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Anyone hear Karl Ravech during the Big East halftime show tonight? They were showing teams that clinched automatic bids so far and he said something stupid like "None of the good teams have clinched yet". Doug Gottlieb interrupted him to ask what he was talking about, bringing up that George Mason had clinched by now last year. Ravech answered back in a really condescending way with "Gonzaga isn't winning the championship, but whatever, I'll play along."

Hey Ravech, did you happen to see that VCU has 27 wins already? But apparently they aren't a "good team". I really hate ESPN sometimes.

Live in the Now
03-07-2007, 11:19 PM
That's why I hate ESPN. Their guys try to make personalities of themselves, when all they should be doing is reporting. Nothing else.

danno2530
03-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Exactly, that drives me nuts. I don't want an editorial...especially coming from someone who probably knows less about these teams than the people actually watching the broadcast.

The Guy on the Couch*
03-07-2007, 11:58 PM
watch Final Score then. when The Guy wants to see highlights, that's what The Guy watches.

Dolemite
03-08-2007, 09:28 PM
I don't want an editorial...especially coming from someone who probably knows less about these teams than the people actually watching the broadcast.

Just be lucky you're not watching the FSN broadcast of the Pac-10 tournament.

Paul Westpaul is one of the biggest idiots when it comes to commentary. He has hardly seen any Pac-10 games this season and it shows when he opens his mouth.

So far in the Pac-10 Tournament:

UCLA - Eliminated by Cal
Arizona - Eliminated Oregon

Stanford/USC - Just underway
UW/WSU - Up later tonight.

SpeakerForTheDead
03-08-2007, 09:35 PM
And Duke loses to NC St. :D

Live in the Now
03-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Westphal has done plenty of Pac 10 games.

Like, every single one that winds up on Prime Ticket. But notice that I didn't say that Westphal's not an idiot.

Dolemite
03-08-2007, 09:52 PM
And Duke loses to NC St. :D

...and Oregon beats Arizona.

Duke is WAY overrated.

Dolemite
03-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Upset in the making in the Pac 10 tournament.

About 12:00 minutes remaining in the 2nd half Stanford is up 11 over USC.

Live in the Now
03-08-2007, 10:57 PM
Not anymore.

Dolemite
03-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Not anymore.

This is a great tournament. I watched the UW game and part of the cal game last night. Caught the Cal game, this game, and am going to watch the battle of Washington.

I'd like to see the Oregon game again.

If this tournament doesn't prove how the strength of schedule stat doesn't work for this conference I don't know what will.

Dolemite
03-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Holy **** this is a dog fight (USC/Stanford) right to the end.

Dolemite
03-08-2007, 11:29 PM
WOW 2 OT games in a row.

Live in the Now
03-09-2007, 01:22 AM
Nick Young for Pac 10 POY.

Cerebral
03-09-2007, 01:40 AM
Duke really suffered this year without a go-to scorer. I thought McRoberts could be that guy but he simply doesn't have the post game at this point in time to be a dominant scorer. Oh well, next year should be better with Kyle Singler coming in along with a few more solid recruits. Also encouraging, Paulus's offensive game has really started to come on over the 2nd half of the season. Who knows, maybe they'll play Scheyer and Smith at the point next season and use Paulus in more of an off-guard role.

Dolemite
03-09-2007, 01:54 AM
Nick Young for Pac 10 POY.

It's gonna go to Aaron Brooks from Oregon.

Duke really suffered this year without a go-to scorer. I thought McRoberts could be that guy but he simply doesn't have the post game at this point in time to be a dominant scorer. Oh well, next year should be better with Kyle Singler coming in along with a few more solid recruits. Also encouraging, Paulus's offensive game has really started to come on over the 2nd half of the season. Who knows, maybe they'll play Scheyer and Smith at the point next season and use Paulus in more of an off-guard role.

It's not only that but they're really a young team which is the main reason why I say they're overrated. UNC is a great team and they're gonna go far in the tournament but Duke isn't.

Live in the Now
03-09-2007, 02:05 AM
It's gonna go to Aaron Brooks from Oregon.
I know. I don't think Brooks will be the better pro though.

Dolemite
03-09-2007, 02:29 AM
I know. I don't think Brooks will be the better pro though.

Definitely.

Dolemite
03-09-2007, 04:51 AM
Does everyone think that FUCLA's loss cost them their #1 Ranking?

I say no. The Pac-10 is underrated as a conference and the outcomes so far in this tournament is showing how great these teams from top to just about bottom.

caniacgirl12
03-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Haha, Duke.

Takeo
03-09-2007, 12:03 PM

It sucks but thats what Hansborough does under the basket - goes for the fake pump to draw the foul. This time the foul was a little more than he was expecting. He was more pouty and disoriented. lol.

Hansborough did not try to go after Henderson. No need to try to macho him up.

And I don't think he cried either. When you get popped in the nose, your eyes water all over the place. I think he was just disoriented.

caniacgirl12
03-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Hansborough did not try to go after Henderson. No need to try to macho him up.

And I don't think he cried either. When you get popped in the nose, your eyes water all over the place. I think he was just disoriented.

Ok so he didn't go after Henderson specifically, but he did go after the Duke players on the court.

Blood poured down Hansbrough's face and onto his lip, his chin and the court, and he had to be restrained from Duke players as he went to the locker room. Henderson was ejected and received an automatic one-game suspension for Duke's ACC tournament opener Thursday against North Carolina State.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2789741

Sam
03-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Nick Young for Pac 10 POY.It's gonna go to Aaron Brooks from Oregon.Afflalo was named Pac 10 POY earlier this week.

http://www.pac-10.org/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/030507aac.html

Young or Brooks could become the Pac 10 tournament's Most Outstanding Player, though.

Live in the Now
03-10-2007, 01:55 AM
We just beat Wazoo.

YEAH, bring on Oregon and a possible 6 seed in the big dance!

Dolemite
03-10-2007, 02:00 AM
We just beat Wazoo.

YEAH, bring on Oregon and a possible 6 seed in the big dance!

Oregon is making a statement in this tournament. USC is not going to survive. Oregon pwns USC in the Conditioning department.

Afflalo was named Pac 10 POY earlier this week.

http://www.pac-10.org/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/030507aac.html

Young or Brooks could become the Pac 10 tournament's Most Outstanding Player, though.

Meh Afflalo is overrated.

Live in the Now
03-10-2007, 02:06 AM
They better make a statement, because they haven't beat us yet this season.

Takeo
03-11-2007, 03:18 AM
Just for the heck of it, here's my NCAA projection:

Ohio St. (30-3)
Kansas (30-4)
Florida (29-5)
North Carolina (28-6)

UCLA (26-5)
Georgetown (26-6)
Wisconsin (29-5)
Texas A&M (25-6)

Memphis (30-3)
Pittsburgh (27-7)
Texas (24-8)
Oregon (26-7)

Winthrop (28-4)
Notre Dame (24-7)
Southern Illinois (27-6)
Nevada (28-4)

Washington St. (25-7)
Butler (27-6)
Maryland (24-8)
Marquette (24-9)

Duke (22-10)
Virginia Tech (21-11)
Louisville (23-9)
BYU (25-8)

Virginia (20-10)
Tennessee (22-10)
Villanova (22-10)
UNLV (28-6)

Syracuse (22-10)
Gonzaga (23-10)
Kentucky (21-11)
USC (23-11)

Purdue (21-11)
Creighton (22-10)
Vanderbilt (20-11)
Boston College (20-11)

Illinois (23-11)
Xavier (24-8)
West Virginia (22-9)
Old Dominion (24-8)

Drexel (23-8)
Georgia Tech (20-11)
Air Force (23-8)
Kansas St. (22-11)

Penn (22-8)
George Washington (23-8)
New Mexico St. (25-8)
Missouri St. (22-10)

Davidson (29-4)
Holy Cross (25-8)
Oral Roberts (23-10)
Virginia Commonwealth (27-6)

Belmont (23-9)
Wright St. (23-9)
Eastern Kentucky (21-11)
Long Beach St. (24-7)

Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (26-6)
Weber St. (20-11)
Miami (OH) (18-14)
Niagara (22-11)

Albany (23-9)
Central Connecticut St. (22-11)
North Texas (23-10)
Florida A&M (21-13) vs. Jackson St. (21-13)

Last four out are Arizona, Florida St., Texas Tech, and Appalachian St.

Dolemite
03-11-2007, 03:21 AM
They better make a statement, because they haven't beat us yet this season.

...and now a recap of the Oregon/USC game with the part of the Oregon Ducks played by Pootie Tang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C03Dmg2d2kc

Sa-da-Tay!

Cerebral
03-11-2007, 04:04 AM
It's not only that but they're really a young team which is the main reason why I say they're overrated. UNC is a great team and they're gonna go far in the tournament but Duke isn't.
UNC is just as young as Duke when it comes down to it. The key difference between the two teams is that most of Duke's young players will likely return next season (heck, McRoberts might even be back if he doesn't have a big tournament) while UNC's freshmen like Lawson and Wright seem destined to enter the draft. UNC is easily one of the most talented teams in the country but I have a feeling they'll lose earlier than most expect.

I'm really curious to see the brackets tomorrow, it's been a while since Duke actually had a potentially difficult first round matchup.

Sam
03-11-2007, 04:23 AM
Last four out are Arizona, Florida St., Texas Tech, and Appalachian St.Arizona is 14th overall in RPI. They're in.

FearTheFlyers
03-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Thanks for that Takeo. No way in hell do I see Kentucky being as high as a #8 though.

Live in the Now
03-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Here's my 33 at large bids.

ACC
BC
Maryland
Duke
UVA
GTech
VT

A-10
Xavier

Big 10
Wisconsin
Michigan State
Purdue
Indiana

Big XII
Oklahoma State
Texas
A&M
K-State

Big East
Pitt
Marquette
Syracuse
Louisville
Notre Dame
Nova

CAA
Old Dominion

Horizon
Butlah

MoVal
Salukis

Mountain West
BYU

Pac 10
UCLA
USC
Wazoo
Zona

SEC (This conference is really unpredictable. And I love it.)
Kentucky
Tennessee
Vandy

WAC
Nevada

Last teams I left out were Arkansas and Illinois. If Arkansas beats Florida today, Old Dominion goes out. That said, Arkansas and Illinois will somehow get at-large bids. If both Arkansas and NC State win today, I kick K-State and ODU out.

SpeakerForTheDead
03-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Tar heels win ACC championship :banana:

Cerebral
03-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Duke ended up with a pretty damn tough bracket but I like their chances of getting to the Sweet 16 if they win in the first round. I'm really not a big fan of Pittsburgh and I definitely think the Blue Devils can knock them off. After that, it gets damn tough.

At first glance, I like Georgetown's chances of going on a pretty deep run.

Takeo
03-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Syracuse and Drexel got screwed. Wow.

GKJ
03-11-2007, 06:46 PM
Syracuse and Drexel got screwed. Wow.

And its a DAMN SHAME. Especially for the 'Cuse. Interesting because I bet if Syracuse would have beaten Drexel at home they'd be in and Drexel wouldn't screwed. Although Drexel...this is a team that did lose to William and Mary twice...

Teemu
03-11-2007, 06:52 PM

GKJ
03-11-2007, 07:11 PM

Count your blessings. God apparently has mercy on Blackhawk fans who double as the ILLINOISE. ;)

Live in the Now
03-11-2007, 07:16 PM
I really, really wanted Texas if we wound up with the 5 seed.

We ****ing owe them.

GKJ
03-11-2007, 07:22 PM
How the hell did Arkansas get in the tournament?

danno2530
03-11-2007, 07:28 PM
I thought Syracuse was a lock after they won their first Big East team..and Drexel..that is just a shame..I think they could have - at worst, won a couple of games and at best pulled a George Mason.

Arkansas? Stanford? Even Illinois??

The Man in White
03-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Duke at #6??...oh boy.

Live in the Now
03-11-2007, 07:40 PM
Dook's going out in the first round, lol. VCU's guards are going to have a field day against those slow lops that Duke's going to be throwing out there.

El Dandy*
03-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Duke at #6??...oh boy.

I bet VCU upsets them. Duke should have been an eight or nine. They are on the same level as Arizona

GKJ
03-11-2007, 07:51 PM
I thought Syracuse was a lock after they won their first Big East team..and Drexel..that is just a shame..I think they could have - at worst, won a couple of games and at best pulled a George Mason.

Arkansas? Stanford? Even Illinois??

Like I said with Drexel...horrible losses with awesome wins. The huge beef was probably if Syracuse made it in, Drexel would have too.

Irish Blues
03-11-2007, 08:20 PM
SIU-C at #4. :bow:

The first thing I noticed: Creighton (with an RPI ranking of 21 in the last NCAA list, and who actually won the MVC tournament) gets the 10 seed, while Virginia (who won the ACC regular-season, but had an RPI of 43 before losing to N.C. State in the ACC quarters and was 6-5 down the stretch) gets a 4 seed. :shakehead

I'll look more tonight after the kids go down.

bense27
03-11-2007, 08:49 PM
I heard Syracuse was rejected because their new jerseys are too ugly

Live in the Now
03-11-2007, 08:50 PM
I've always been convinced that the committee doesn't really care about RPI as much as everyone else thinks. They care about the strength of the conference, and the team's conference record.

The Man in White
03-11-2007, 08:58 PM
I bet VCU upsets them. Duke should have been an eight or nine. They are on the same level as Arizona

I agree. I like Geogia Tech as my cinderella team.

Doomsday Device
03-11-2007, 09:01 PM
http://bracketproject.atspace.com/comparison.htm

Check the above link if you want to compare the actual brackets to what was projected. There are 30 different bracket projections listed.

Here are some of the more notable things.

Biggest Surprise Selections
Arkansas (only of 5 of 30 brackets had them in)
Stanford (only 13 of 30 brackets had them in)

Biggest Surprise Snubs
Syracuse (29 of 30 brackets had them in)
Drexel (16 of 30 brackets had them in)

Biggest Risers
Virginia (4 seed after an average projection of a 7 seed - no one had them higher than a 5)
Butler (5 seed after an average projection of a 8 seed - one person had them higher than a 7)

Biggest Droppers
UNLV (7 seed after an average projection of a 4 seed - only 2 people had them lower than a 5)
Creighton (10 seed after an average projection of a 7 seed - only 3 people had them lower than a 7)

I've noticed people complaining about Duke (big shock:sarcasm: ), but they're only 1 spot higher than their average predicted seeding.

GKJ
03-11-2007, 09:03 PM
I've always been convinced that the committee doesn't really care about RPI as much as everyone else thinks. They care about the strength of the conference, and the team's conference record.

UNLV is a 7 seed based on RPI alone.

Live in the Now
03-11-2007, 09:15 PM
UNLV is a 7 seed because they won 28 games, and 9 of their last 10. You can call it RPI if you want, but I don't think they really care about the number. It's about the profile. That juicy Nevada win in Reno doesn't hurt either.

I'd have given them a 7 or 8 and I don't even care about RPI. They're a dangerous team.

El Dandy*
03-11-2007, 09:51 PM
I agree. I like Geogia Tech as my cinderella team.

My cinderella team is Long Beach State.

Live in the Now
03-11-2007, 10:03 PM
That's mine too. I saw them play in person and I've been convinced they'll get to the Sweet 16 ever since.

Doomsday Device
03-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Duke ended up with a pretty damn tough bracket but I like their chances of getting to the Sweet 16 if they win in the first round. I'm really not a big fan of Pittsburgh and I definitely think the Blue Devils can knock them off. After that, it gets damn tough.

At first glance, I like Georgetown's chances of going on a pretty deep run.

Yeah, I think Pitt with their slow pace and reliance on Gray is probably the best matchup out of all the pod teams for Duke to face in the second round. Of some interest is that one of their starters, Levon Kendall, is Canadian.

VCU, on the other hand, is less than ideal with their quick athletic guards. But, they don't have a particularly quick tempo either and rely a lot on the 3-pointer which is what Duke is best at defending.

Dolemite
03-12-2007, 03:23 AM
UNC is just as young as Duke when it comes down to it. The key difference between the two teams is that most of Duke's young players will likely return next season (heck, McRoberts might even be back if he doesn't have a big tournament) while UNC's freshmen like Lawson and Wright seem destined to enter the draft. UNC is easily one of the most talented teams in the country but I have a feeling they'll lose earlier than most expect.

I'm really curious to see the brackets tomorrow, it's been a while since Duke actually had a potentially difficult first round matchup.

Actually, the difference this year is that even though the teams may be young Duke played like a young team. They made so many mental mistakes a Veteran Duke roster would have had a better season.

You heard it hear first. Oregon in the Final Four.

FUCLA along with Duke will be sent home early.

Nalyd Psycho
03-12-2007, 03:46 AM
Gotta wonder how is inability to step up will effect McRoberts' draft position.

Gotta say though, love it when Duke fails...

Dolemite
03-12-2007, 04:35 AM
Wanna talk screwed?

The top six teams in the Pac-10 made the NCAA's. That would mean the #7 (Washington) team in the Pac-10 would make the NIT. Right?

WRONG!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2003613850_umen120.html

I can understand them not making the NCAA tournament. Their loss to Gonzaga basically sealed that. But the NIT?!?!?!

:shakehead

GKJ
03-12-2007, 12:56 PM
Wanna talk screwed?

The top six teams in the Pac-10 made the NCAA's. That would mean the #7 (Washington) team in the Pac-10 would make the NIT. Right?

WRONG!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2003613850_umen120.html

I can understand them not making the NCAA tournament. Their loss to Gonzaga basically sealed that. But the NIT?!?!?!

:shakehead

Instead, Washington basketball now goes dark until November when get this it could open the 2007-08 season in the Preseason NIT. Washington has been officially invited, though locales and dates are yet to be decided.

How about that...they miss out on the real NIT, were hoping to continue grooming the team and such, and probably can't afford to miss the Preseason NIT because they weren't in this NIT.

Gapper
03-12-2007, 01:33 PM
My cinderella team is Old Dominion

Takeo
03-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Is there an NCAA package offered? I can't see my game because of CBS' regional coverage.

Doomsday Device
03-12-2007, 03:10 PM
Is there an NCAA package offered? I can't see my game because of CBS' regional coverage.

If you want to watch it online, all the games should be on March Madness On Demand at CBS Sportsline.

danno2530
03-12-2007, 06:18 PM
If you have DIRECTV, they offer Mega March Madness. It's an awesome package - I'm taking thursday off to watch the early games.

SpeakerForTheDead
03-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Can't wait for this to start :D. I like ODU to get to the sweet sixteen. And of course, UNC to take it all :D

Doomsday Device
03-13-2007, 06:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ3y5hTHuP4

After seeing his d-baggy dancing in this video and follow-up whiny interview (not in the video fortunately) about how they don't get any respect, I hope that Florida loses early and somebody punches Joakim Noah in the face very hard.

SpeakerForTheDead
03-13-2007, 07:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ3y5hTHuP4

After seeing his d-baggy dancing in this video and follow-up whiny interview (not in the video fortunately) about how they don't get any respect, I hope that Florida loses early and somebody punches Joakim Noah in the face very hard.
What the hell was that :biglaugh:

Hockeyfan02
03-14-2007, 10:41 AM
I remember watching that on Sunday and laughing. That team is just a bunch of goof balls from what I've seen on campus. They are rolling at the right time and look good entering the tournament. It's funny to look on youtube and see UCLA fans post a video of one of their guys dunking over Noah as if that's something to brag about when getting blown out in the national title game.

Takeo
03-14-2007, 11:43 AM
I have a problem with the play-in game consisting of two teams that won their conference tourneys. FAMU is supposed to receive an auto bid yet somehow, by definition of the "play-in" game, they're not even in the tournament. Expanding the tourney by one team was just a bone tossed to the big conferences. Arkansas or Illinois or Stanford or whoever gets in and Niagara and FAMU are forced to play an extra game as consequence. If anything, the play-in game should include two bubble teams playing for an 8 or 9 seed.

Hockeyfan02
03-14-2007, 01:01 PM
Of course. The NCAA cares more about the big schools than the little guys. You would think creating the play in game would be for the last two at-large teams to play for a spot, but it's just to squeeze out one of the smaller teams.

DaveG
03-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Of course. The NCAA cares more about the big schools than the little guys. You would think creating the play in game would be for the last two at-large teams to play for a spot, but it's just to squeeze out one of the smaller teams.

Would be prety diserving to see Arkansas play Stanford to see who gets to be violated by Florida since neither team should be there, but that simply wasn't to be.

GKJ
03-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Would be prety diserving to see Arkansas play Stanford to see who gets to be violated by Florida since neither team should be there, but that simply wasn't to be.

right now, Louisville is violating Stanford

Takeo
03-15-2007, 01:35 PM
I love the tourney because you get to see great players that ESPN won't mention. Stephen Curry is SICK!!

SpeakerForTheDead
03-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Hmm, 5 point lead with 15 minutes to go. Wonder if Davidson can hold on.

Dr.Funk
03-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Osby is really stepping it up for Maryland.

Dr.Funk
03-15-2007, 02:17 PM
The tires have gone flat for Davidson.

SpeakerForTheDead
03-15-2007, 02:21 PM
And Texas Tech is out.

SpeakerForTheDead
03-15-2007, 02:27 PM
And so is Davidson.

Dr.Funk
03-15-2007, 02:29 PM
And Texas Tech is out.

That sucks. I had them going to the elite 8.

SpeakerForTheDead
03-15-2007, 02:32 PM
That sucks. I had them going to the elite 8.
I had them falling to Georgetown.

SpeakerForTheDead
03-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Belmont out to an early lead agaisnt Georgetown.

gobolt7
03-15-2007, 03:01 PM
I had them falling to Georgetown.

Georgetown is not looking good at all right now.

SpeakerForTheDead
03-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Georgetown is not looking good at all right now.
Yup, they better pick it up. I have them all the way in the Elite Eight.

Takeo
03-15-2007, 03:09 PM
The tires have gone flat for Davidson.

I had them in the sweet sixteen. :badidea:

Dr.Funk
03-15-2007, 03:11 PM
GTown has picked it up and now leads by 2.

SpeakerForTheDead
03-15-2007, 03:13 PM
GTown has picked it up and now leads by 2.
Yup, I just need Washington St to do the same now.

El Dandy*
03-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Yup, I just need Washington St to do the same now.

Forget that, I have Oral Roberts in the Sweet 16

Dr.Funk
03-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Washington St. just stole all the momentum from Oral Roberts heading into halftime.

HajdukSplit
03-15-2007, 03:44 PM
that was one of my upsets, ORU over Wash St. mainly because I never heard of WSU and the fact they are #3 seed :biglaugh:

Maryland gave me a scare today, but they were able to control the game in the second half, I have them going to the Elite 8, beating Florida in the Sweet 16

This Butler - ODU game is really a coin toss, close game and low scoring

Dr.Funk
03-15-2007, 04:00 PM
Kyle Weaver is really controlling the game for Washington St.

Live in the Now
03-15-2007, 04:05 PM
I had Oral Roberts beating Wazoo because Wazoo sucks. But Oral Roberts sucks worse.

SpeakerForTheDead
03-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Come on ODU!

Dr.Funk
03-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Come on ODU!

Very Tight game.

Have My Baby Pierre
03-15-2007, 04:22 PM
Pleaaase pull through Odu!!

Have My Baby Pierre
03-15-2007, 04:25 PM
crap..

SpeakerForTheDead
03-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Back to back 3s :shakehead

SpeakerForTheDead
03-15-2007, 04:30 PM
Another 3. Holy ****!

El Dandy*
Jesus Murphy! Damn you Old Dominion!

Have My Baby Pierre
boooo

Dr.Funk
03-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Butler is pulling away.

Have My Baby Pierre
03-15-2007, 04:33 PM
penn vs Texas A&M is down to a 1 point gap.

Have My Baby Pierre
03-15-2007, 04:34 PM
and now Penn ties it!

make that 39-37 Penn

SpeakerForTheDead
03-15-2007, 04:35 PM
What the hell just happened to Texas A&M?

SpeakerForTheDead
03-15-2007, 04:36 PM
And another 3 for Butler. How many in a row is that?

GKJ
03-15-2007, 04:38 PM
What the hell just happened to Texas A&M?

The demons of Drexel have accompanied Penn to the tourney :sarcasm:

Dr.Funk
03-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Looks like Gtown has got it in the bag.

Have My Baby Pierre
03-15-2007, 04:43 PM
damn...

SpeakerForTheDead
03-15-2007, 04:44 PM
Come on ODU! I have you in the Sweet 16 :(

Dr.Funk
03-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Butler appears to have it in the bag aswell.

Have My Baby Pierre
03-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Come on ODU! I have you in the Sweet 16 :(

I know some people that had them in the sweet 16 too, luckily I only had them winning the 1st game.

Dr.Funk
03-15-2007, 04:50 PM
Texas A&M building a little bit of comfort now.

SpeakerForTheDead
03-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Yeah, no upsets at all so far.

Dr.Funk
03-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Only two of my pics have lost so far.

Texas Tech and Stanford

SpeakerForTheDead
03-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Only two of my pics have lost so far.

Texas Tech and Stanford
Yup, I'm 5 of 7 as well so far. With Texas Tech and ODU losing.

Live in the Now
03-15-2007, 05:27 PM
I have lost no Sweet 16 teams in any of my brackets. That's what really matters. Everyone else I lost I had losing next round anyway.

With this chalk tourney going so far, I expect a big upset tonight. Like some UCLA stuff. It's way too quiet right now.

Dr.Funk
03-15-2007, 05:42 PM
I have lost no Sweet 16 teams in any of my brackets. That's what really matters. Everyone else I lost I had losing next round anyway.

With this chalk tourney going so far, I expect a big upset tonight. Like some UCLA stuff. It's way too quiet right now.

I lost an elite 8 team which sucks.

Fish on The Sand
03-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Yup, I'm 5 of 7 as well so far. With Texas Tech and ODU losing.

I'm 6/7 with only Old Dom losing to Butler, but I do have Butler going to the 16 in my score bracket.

Fish on The Sand
03-15-2007, 05:58 PM
I lost an elite 8 team which sucks.

you must have had somebody crappy going far.

SpeakerForTheDead
03-15-2007, 06:02 PM
GW is getting killed by Vanderbilt.

gobolt7
03-15-2007, 06:07 PM
I have 2 brackets. Im 6/7 on one, and um yeah.....

Live in the Now
03-15-2007, 06:08 PM
I had someone try to call in a GW-Vandy bet. 50 bucks (of mine) on GW. Didn't get through before the start of the game.

The Man in White
03-15-2007, 06:09 PM
6/7 so far. I still can't remember why I chose Stanford over Louisville.

Fish on The Sand
03-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Assuming Vanderbilt wins, my score/facebook brackets will be 8/8 in early games.

Myke
03-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Assuming Vanderbilt wins, my score/facebook brackets will be 8/8 in early games.

8/8 for me too, hopefully it keeps up.

gobolt7
03-15-2007, 11:19 PM
UNC is showing why they should not be a #1 seed and will probobly be the first #1 to go.

TVanek26*
03-15-2007, 11:29 PM
Hahahaha Good Job Duke!Yeah Duke deserved a 6 seed and Syracuse didn't deserve to get in :lol:

acr*
03-15-2007, 11:43 PM
Gus Johnson should call every sporting event ever.

danno2530
03-16-2007, 12:01 AM
Gus Johnson should call every sporting event ever.

Amen to that.

By the way, Way to go Duke ;)

Dolemite
03-16-2007, 12:08 AM
Duke will be sent home early.

MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

El Dandy*
03-16-2007, 12:14 AM
MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
I'll do you one better: Tennessee will be sent home early

Hawkalyzer
03-16-2007, 12:24 AM
CG12 will like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q0iB9YHKas

Live in the Now
03-16-2007, 01:02 AM
Nothing will get out from under my nose.

UNLV to Elite Eight.

goldglove
03-16-2007, 01:10 AM
12 on 16 today .. picked duke to win it all ..i guess that was not a very good guess :help:

Dolemite
03-16-2007, 01:30 AM
Nothing will get out from under my nose.

Have you tried picking your nose?

:biglaugh:

Live in the Now
03-16-2007, 01:34 AM
After the Lakers loss tonight, I have blown it countless times. Kwame Brown reminds me of the booger you just CANT shake free. I ****ing hate that guy.

Dr.Funk
03-16-2007, 01:37 AM
After the Lakers loss tonight, I have blown it countless times. Kwame Brown reminds me of the booger you just CANT shake free. I ****ing hate that guy.

How good does Caron Butler look now?

Live in the Now
03-16-2007, 01:46 AM
I was never a fan of that deal. I'm not a fan of any trade or MLE signing Mitch has made. Kupchak could collect welfare right now and it wouldn't bother me in the least. But this is the college basketball thread, so I'll voice my displeasure elsewhere if it comes up or you respond.

Dr.Funk
03-16-2007, 01:50 AM
I'll bring the discussion back on topic.

Is it a requirement for Ohio State to wear there shorts damn near to there ankles?

Dr.Funk
03-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Day 2 set to get under way.

Live in the Now
03-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Memphis looks real bad right now.

Good thing I don't have them doing much.

Dr.Funk
03-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Memphis looks real bad right now.

Good thing I don't have them doing much.

They better pick it up I have them in my elite 8.

Live in the Now
03-16-2007, 01:30 PM
They turned it around real fast.

Ar-too
03-16-2007, 02:24 PM
I'll bring the discussion back on topic.

Is it a requirement for Ohio State to wear there shorts damn near to there ankles?

That's their new uni from Nike. So, yes.

Live in the Now
03-16-2007, 02:27 PM
You guys should all be watching the UNLV game.

Straight out battle goin' on.

Dr.Funk
03-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Great Finish coming for GT and UNLV

Live in the Now
03-16-2007, 02:40 PM
UNLV's band was playing Viva Las Vegas.

Awesome.

Dr.Funk
03-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Just bad basketball IQ at the end by GT. You can't bring it up the floor that slow.

SpeakerForTheDead
03-16-2007, 02:53 PM
Bahh, stupid Georgia Tech!

Live in the Now
03-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Long Beach State better win. Or else.

Dr.Funk
03-16-2007, 02:59 PM
Long Beach State better win. Or else.

No they better not. I have Tennessee going deep.

SpeakerForTheDead
03-16-2007, 03:01 PM
No they better not. I have Tennessee going deep.
NO they better. I'm doing bad enough as it is, I can't lose Long Beach State as well.

Live in the Now
03-16-2007, 03:05 PM
I lose more than pride in the brackets if I lose Long Beach State.

I lose a gang of money.

SpeakerForTheDead
03-16-2007, 03:08 PM
****, Long Beach is down by 14 already.

Dr.Funk
03-16-2007, 03:18 PM
Winthrop is giving ND a run for it's money.

Live in the Now
03-16-2007, 03:20 PM
****, Long Beach is down by 14 already.
No lead is safe with these two. I've seen Long Beach State play a lot.

Trust me. They can turn it on just like the Vols did to start the half.

BladesOfTeal
03-16-2007, 03:21 PM
GaTech killed me today- my first Sweet16 team eliminated.

Go Winthrop! I have a feeling that game is gunna be a good one through and through.

Dr.Funk
03-16-2007, 03:22 PM
OMG! They are throwing up enough brinks in the Creighton/Nevada game to build a house.

BladesOfTeal
03-16-2007, 03:23 PM
P.S.- Wisconsin already down 10-0? yipes.

Dr.Funk
03-16-2007, 03:25 PM
P.S.- Wisconsin already down 10-0? yipes.

I can't see corpus christi keeping it up.

BladesOfTeal
03-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Neither can I, except that Wisconsin was probably struggling the most of any big team down the stretch... I have them escaping the first round though.