Nov 10 GDT: Kings v. Caps

Kings Fanatic
11-10-2003, 02:23 PM
Herby, where is our game day thread? C'mon slacker....

Prediction: Caps hit a late three pointer from the baseline to tie this game and send it into extra innings. Thats right, another OT for the Kings. In this one, Lubo continues his excellent play and runs for a 30 yd TD to win the game.

Go Kings!

Real Prediction: Kings 4 Caps 1

LuckyLUC20
11-10-2003, 02:51 PM
I'll say 42-42...tie. :yo:

Sydor25
11-10-2003, 03:12 PM
I'm a little worried about this game. The Sabres and Bruins were both playing terrible until they played the Kings. And we out lpayed the Blackhawks and lost.

I'll go with a 3-1 win for the Kings. :)

Sydor25
11-10-2003, 03:16 PM
Klatt from Chartrand and Frolov

1-0 Kings :handclap:

Legionnaire
11-10-2003, 03:16 PM
1-0 Kings! The Mad Klatter scores! Woo hoo.

guzmania
11-10-2003, 03:17 PM
Klatt 1-0! #5 for him. Though not top six material...

Sydor25
11-10-2003, 03:17 PM
1-1 :shakehead

Former King, Lang

Legionnaire
11-10-2003, 03:18 PM
Lang for Corvo and a 3rd...I'm all for it.

Sydor25
11-10-2003, 03:20 PM
Lang for Corvo and a 3rd...I'm all for it.

It would be hard to move Corvo. Lang is a little soft for AM's system. But so is Stumple. :dunno:

Are the Kings goalie killers? Roman Cechmanek looked terrible again. He has trouble with rebounds.

Legionnaire
11-10-2003, 03:29 PM
It would be hard to move Corvo. Lang is a little soft for AM's system. But so is Stumple. :dunno:

Are the Kings goalie killers? Roman Cechmanek looked terrible again. He has trouble with rebounds.

Yeah, he does have problems with rebounds but once his defensemen adapt to where he usually leaves them, I think he will be ok.

Face Wash
11-10-2003, 03:50 PM
Yeah, he does have problems with rebounds but once his defensemen adapt to where he usually leaves them, I think he will be ok.

Yes, but the goal is to not leave so many in the first place. :p

David A. Rainer
11-10-2003, 03:52 PM
Prediction: Kings and Caps tied after 1 period at 1 goal apiece. :D

A little bit bolder of a prediction: Caps 12, Kings 0. In honor of his former linemate, Jagr will have 6 goals and 6 assists.

David A. Rainer
11-10-2003, 03:53 PM

It's because he's usually wildly out of position after the first shot hits him and he's slow to pick up where the rebound went to.

Sydor25
11-10-2003, 04:07 PM
Why is our second PP unit Holland-Norstrom with Pirnes-Sim-Klatt??

Where's Brown and Frolov? They have much better offensive abilities than Pirnes and Sim.

Sydor25
11-10-2003, 04:13 PM
2-1 Kings :handclap:

Klatt from Chartrand and Frolov

Legionnaire
11-10-2003, 04:16 PM
The Mad Klatter strikes again! Frolov is a plus 2 tonigh. wink wink AM

Sydor25
11-10-2003, 04:17 PM
The Mad Klatter strikes again! Frolov is a plus 2 tonigh. wink wink AM

Why do you think that Frolov, Brown and Gleason are not getting PP time?

Legionnaire
11-10-2003, 04:22 PM
Why do you think that Frolov, Brown and Gleason are not getting PP time?

I really don't have a good answer for that, other than the fact that our first PP unit takes up the majority of the time, and AM likes to put more of an energy type unit at the end so there isn't a lapse after the PP is over. Well maybe I did :dunno:

Legionnaire
11-10-2003, 04:28 PM
Not a horrible penalty taken by Pirnes.

Sydor25
11-10-2003, 04:31 PM
Two penalties killed in a row. :handclap:

Legionnaire
11-10-2003, 04:39 PM
Two penalties killed in a row. :handclap:

Knock on wood :rolly:

Legionnaire
11-10-2003, 04:59 PM
Go Avery!

Sydor25
11-10-2003, 05:00 PM
3-1 Kings :handclap:

Avery from Lappy

Brown hits posts. Doh!

Legionnaire
11-10-2003, 05:01 PM
Damn Brown just hit the post with an awesome shot. The kid's got skill there's no denying that.

Face Wash
11-10-2003, 05:02 PM
I thought for sure he was going to score there... he had a MAJOR head of steam up ice... you couls tell he was looking for #1 there... :dunno:

Face Wash
11-10-2003, 05:05 PM
Robitaille should have buried that.... Great play by (who else?) Ziggy

Face Wash
11-10-2003, 05:14 PM
That was BS.... :mad:

Legionnaire
11-10-2003, 05:17 PM
That was BS.... :mad:

I was talking about this the other day.....but how do you go from a skate in the crease being a disallowed goal, to that?

jfont
11-10-2003, 05:20 PM
Robitaille should have buried that.... Great play by (who else?) Ziggy
luc should have buried that...now lange got a goal to make it a 3-2 game...nervous time.

Sydor25
11-10-2003, 05:21 PM
I was talking about this the other day.....but how do you go from a skate in the crease being a disallowed goal, to that?

Goals are hard to come by and the NHL wants as many as possible.

Empty Net = Klatt-rick :joker:

Sydor25
11-10-2003, 05:23 PM
Bondra Penalty :handclap:

7 out of 8 points on the road trip and first place in the Pacific. :yo:

Face Wash
11-10-2003, 05:25 PM
Nice road trip boys!!! :handclap:

If you'd have told me the Kings would come back from their trip in First place I would accused you of inhaling some serious crack....

Looks like I need to start smokin' some crack!!! :p

Legionnaire
11-10-2003, 05:27 PM
Nice trip through the Southeast........finally! Good work Kings.

Sydor25
11-10-2003, 05:32 PM
Bring on the Maple Leafs. Let's hope the Ducks can wear them out on Wednesday.

LuckyLUC20
11-10-2003, 05:35 PM
7 out of 8 points on the road trip??? NOT BAD!

Great job, Kings!!! :yo:

IGM
11-10-2003, 05:44 PM
On their last goal I think that it should be taped and sent in with the caption "Have another doughut fatboy screws the Kings again". I mean, not only did he let Grier RAM into RC but he stood there watching while he (grier) and the other Caps did what desperate teams do and that is run the goalie and then pim him while you shove the puck over the line.

Pure BullShyat and further proves as an example of how pathetic and biased against the Kings that that buttclown is.

Other than that I thought that we had a great game. Ebell played peremiter hockey tonight and while this wasn't his best game it wasn't his worst either.

We have to pick another player to bag on so that they can have a huge night. A few of us were complaining about Charty and he goes off. Lets go after Sim next.

Anyone who thinks that Frolov ISN'T a budding superstar is crazy. You take the kid who is a natural sniper and make him play on the energy line. Not only does he do a great job on it but he changes the style of his game to become one of playing positional D and is now starting to land the assissts as well. My hope is that Adam comes back and that Frolov gets to go back to playing between Stympy and ZP so that he can continue to develope his sniping.

I did call during the offseason that I was told (by a COUGH reliable COUGH source that when we were negotiating with Luc about his coming here that he asked that he be given a shot at playing as a regular on the top six and that we make the position "his to lose" as I was told. Here we are, with injuries of course and Luc is being given his shot. He is doing great as most of us knew he would and sure looks like he knew what he was asking for.

Ziggy played great tonight and instead of scoring he really played the role of threat/pest perfectly. He was in everyones way and doing the little things that make him the best RW in the game so far. Sure there might be one or two others who will be bigger scoring threats but not that play with his great two way effort. Great game.

I was really happy to see Avery NOT drop his gloves tonight. Of course, if there was an actual ref instead of that fat inept sow Koharski it would have given us a PP but, Avery is showing more and more control while still being very effective at his role.

Klatt is just having a great season and while he may not be the "top sixer" that we all wanted he has been great so far for us and doing all of the little things that make him fun to watch and an absolute steal for us to have.

The Deader rumours look like they might be true and if they are then we might be even better come Saturday. (or Thursday) If not, we are still very competitive. If so, then we add another top sixer with game and grit to a really fun team to watch.

Stympy might be back Saturday as well. He was working hard today so who knows. Great job by RC tonight. He looked REEEEAAAAAAAALLLLY casual like it was no big deal to play in net tonight. He was big and taking up allot of space as well as moving the puck realy well. For a guy who is supposed to suck for his first 10 to 15 starts or so according to Fliers fans he sure is starting to dominate.

Brownie is doing everything accept score. He had a great trip AND a great game drawing two penalties and throwing two really big checks that rocked one cap hard. The caps look like a team that has the talent to win but for some reason aren't. I think that a different coach or a big trade and these guys could be a scary good team. It is obvious that they are playing frustrated and that something is wrong but they also had stretches were they were dominant and really worked their cycle low. They played a really effective 2-1-2 rotation system that took allot out of our D and almost gave them the lead several times. Those are my lame takes on the game. Koharski sucks as usual and we played very well. Great trip for the team that was SUPPOSED to be WAAAAAAAAY worse than our "rivals" in Ana and that SOME posters (not so many here) were convinced wouldn't have 3 wins yet let alone be leading the division. It's a long season but so far so good.

Captain Ron
11-10-2003, 05:46 PM
It's fun to finally see the Kings atop the division.

Go Kings!!!! :handclap:

IGM
11-10-2003, 05:46 PM
Oh and thanks for the PM guzz. I am unable to send PM's for some reason so I answered in the Euro prospects thread. Funny stuff. I are famus!

LuckyLUC20
11-10-2003, 05:56 PM
Hopefully when the Kings come home, they can improve their record over .500... they need to start winning more at home.

Go Kings!!!!!

Record: 8-5-0-1... 17 points!!!!

Old Hickory
11-10-2003, 07:13 PM
The Kings are proving they can get it done w/o Allison and Deadmarsh. That's a good thing and a bad thing.
I hope DT still gets us another top 6 or 2 despite our success on this road trip

IGM
11-10-2003, 07:48 PM
Not me, unless you are talking about us getting back a healthy Deader and Allisomething. As it is I think we have enough top sixers in Frolov/Stympy/Ziggy/Luc/Army/Klatt etc. If we add Deader then it puts us soundly set and If JA ever comes back (I can dream but thinking about it gives me a headache) I think we will be stacked.

Our "energy" lines are pretty good too. I would stand pat, that is, unless Deader comes back to find out that he can't do it and Allisomething comes back only to find us in a CBA lockout. Then I would look to fill the holes.