GDT: vs Lightning

justapantherfan
11-11-2003, 03:16 AM
Well this should be a fun game. New coaches?

Well if tradition holds out we should win.

PantherboyHTR
11-11-2003, 03:52 AM
This is a big, BIG game for us! Are guys should come out strong tonight. This is a huge game for us if we still want to make a push for the playoffs.

Acadmus
11-11-2003, 04:31 AM
This is a big, BIG game for us! Are guys should come out strong tonight. This is a huge game for us if we still want to make a push for the playoffs.

It'll be an uphill battle. According to the Sun-Sentinel (and sorry, didn't grab a link), Kozlov's out with a facial injury suffered in Saturday's game and MacDonald has been recalled.

Anyway, I predict Panthers lose 10-1 (and please remember I'm doing this because my positive predictions always turn out in blowouts against the Panthers, whereas my negative prediction prior to this was a 6-3 win for them ;) )

justapantherfan
11-11-2003, 01:11 PM
It'll be an uphill battle. According to the Sun-Sentinel (and sorry, didn't grab a link), Kozlov's out with a facial injury suffered in Saturday's game and MacDonald has been recalled.

Anyway, I predict Panthers lose 10-1 (and please remember I'm doing this because my positive predictions always turn out in blowouts against the Panthers, whereas my negative prediction prior to this was a 6-3 win for them ;) )

I remembered. :D

Riggins
11-11-2003, 03:38 PM
Kozlov out with a facial injury? I guess it shouldn't keep him out of any more games, should it? (I have him in my pool)

wint
11-11-2003, 03:52 PM
Early goal by Hagman.

1-0 Cats.

pantherhockey
11-11-2003, 04:10 PM
How's Bednar looking tonight?

PantherBlood6*
11-11-2003, 04:16 PM
How's Bednar looking tonight?

He's been a non-factor thus far...I'd wish they'd put him on the top line....Samuelsson still does nothing for me.

Thewbacca
11-11-2003, 04:17 PM
Lilja didn't even get credit for an assist on that last goal?

PantherBlood6*
11-11-2003, 05:25 PM
He's been a non-factor thus far...I'd wish they'd put him on the top line....Samuelsson still does nothing for me.

Nice timing huh? Bednar scores to make it 3-0

Give him more time Duds!

jacksheit
11-11-2003, 05:44 PM
4-0
I have never been so happy
GO DUDS!!!!!!!!!!

HughJass*
11-11-2003, 05:49 PM
Wow! What's this bad blood between Jokinen & Kubina? I'd never thought I'd see Jokinen in a fight. Now that's a captain :)

Acadmus
11-11-2003, 05:53 PM
Nice timing huh? Bednar scores to make it 3-0

Give him more time Duds!

I saw on one news site (think it was Palm Beach Post) that he's planning to roll 4 lines, so maybe everyone will get more ice time that wasn't named Jokinen or Kozlov ;)

HughJass*
11-11-2003, 06:00 PM
The Lightning are showing there weaknesses once again. Streaky-bulin, suspect foot speed on D. They are going to have ups & downs, here comes the downs.

Before the game, Potvin said that Dudley wanted to play Lilja, Samuelsson, and Bednar more. Lilja and Bednar scores goals ;) Maybe this team can get on a roll.

PantherboyHTR
11-11-2003, 06:06 PM
Nice win tonight by the team! I am proud!

What a shot Lilja took though, eh? Brutal!

Coolburn
11-11-2003, 06:28 PM
While most of us would question the size of that 2nd line of Huselius-Weiss-Bure, they have been our best line for the past few games. Weiss was a rock defensively and his passes are amazing:bow: Bure is definitely earning his contract now that he's back from injury. I'm glad Dudley decided to keep that line together as it was expected to see Huselius on the top line. When a line like that has chemistry, you don't break it up (something Keenan didn't seem to understand at times). When Kozlov comes back and Nedorost is called-up, the top 2 lines should be quite interesting. I have to admit that I was kinda impressed with the play of MacDonald tonite too. I see why he was called back up so quickly. I'm glad Luongo got the shutout as I think he needed it to boost his confidence a little more. He's proving now every game that he's a top goaltender in the league right now. :yo:

petec1978*
11-11-2003, 06:32 PM
The Lightning are showing there weaknesses once again. Streaky-bulin, suspect foot speed on D. They are going to have ups & downs, here comes the downs.

Far be it from me to contradict someone who DIDN'T EVEN WATCH THE GAME, but when the Fecals get their first two goals off of long shots that get lucky deflections in off of Lukowich's right and then left shin pad respectively and then get handed the 4th goal on a 5-on-3 on two VERY dubious penalty calls you CANNOT blame the Lightning's defense or Khabibulin.

And just in case you, Canes fan, and the rest of you Fecal Cats fans don't remember your place in the food chain of the Southeast Division:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/standings

-Pete Choquette

Heimy
11-11-2003, 06:46 PM
Go whine somewhere else Pete. We're celebrating a royal arse kicking here. :rolly:

Coolburn
11-11-2003, 06:49 PM
Far be it from me to contradict someone who DIDN'T EVEN WATCH THE GAME, but when the Fecals get their first two goals off of long shots that get lucky deflections in off of Lukowich's right and then left shin pad respectively and then get handed the 4th goal on a 5-on-3 on two VERY dubious penalty calls you CANNOT blame the Lightning's defense or Khabibulin.

And just in case you, Canes fan, and the rest of you Fecal Cats fans don't remember your place in the food chain of the Southeast Division:

-Pete ChoquetteOf course a single Bolt fan coming over to try to contradict the ass kicking they got tonite :joker: The first long shot wasn't a deflection and Khabibulin just looked away not expecting a shot...that was completely his fault. The deflection occurred because Weiss got the puck behind the net, sent a laser pass from there ala Gretzky did and then got right in there with Lukowich to allow the shooter to be screened (thats just smart hockey if you ask me). I don't consider it a dubious call when any player gets cut on an obvious boarding call that it should be a double minor. Overall, I think the officiating was fairly consistent as I saw a few situations that should've been called on the Bolts for interference or holding and a few on the Cats that were hooking and holding calls. And we didn't even have our best player in Kozlov who is injured...kinda scary if you think about it. :p

As far as the standings go, we'll see how that ends up but I wouldn't be too comfortable the way your team has played the last 2 games...a tie against Carolina and getting shut out by FL...what does that say about your team if we're so bad :lol: I look forward to seeing the rivalry continue and the Cats continue to hold the edge in the series :D

Rattrick
11-11-2003, 06:56 PM

-Pete Choquette

Once again showing what little you actually know.

petec1978*
11-11-2003, 07:03 PM
The first long shot wasn't a deflection

YES, it was. LOOK AT THE TAPE. Khabibulin sets up square and then has to react to his right at the last second because of the riccochet off of Lukowich's shin pad. It was a LUCKY goal.

I don't consider it a dubious call when any player gets cut on an obvious boarding call

Oh bullspit. They weren't even going to call it until they saw that poor Lil' Mikey cut his forehead on the lip of the boards. Hooray for the emasculation of the game when you can't even throw a solid hit when you pinch to keep the puck in the zone.

I saw a few situations that should've been called on the Bolts for interference

Or how about the fact the Panthers were practically ****** Lecavalier every time he touched the puck. Funny thing is, Vinny's so strong he shrugged them off almost every time.

And we didn't even have our best player in Kozlov who is injured...kinda scary if you think about it.

You won't get two lucky goals and a 3rd period where the refs decide to play it 7-on-5 against the Lightning every game. Don't worry, you'll get yours.

-Pete Choquette

Thewbacca
11-11-2003, 07:31 PM
****** Lecavalier every time he touched the puck. Funny thing is, Vinny's so strong he shrugged them off almost every time.

....you're one pathetic momo...Vinny's so strong heh.

Thanks for the corrections pete! You sure made my words look more purty now!

Heimy
11-11-2003, 07:41 PM
Let's stick to the slaughter, err game and knock off the personal shots

petec1978*
11-11-2003, 07:53 PM
Now now Heimy, don't restrict the PantherNation's poet laureate Thewselius from using his unmatched wordsmithing ability. I mean, however perplexing his inability to master the simple contraction "you're" may be, his artful verse is still a momentous step up from the cave drawings and gutteral armpit noises most Panther fans use for communication.

So I say kudos to you Thewselius, Poet Laureate of PantherNation. "Your trooly grate!"

Source for spelling: The PantherNation Huked on Fonix Culering Buk, by CHaos2k.

-Pete Choquette

Rattrick
11-11-2003, 07:55 PM
Or how about the fact the Panthers were practically ****** Lecavalier every time he touched the puck. Funny thing is, Vinny's so strong he shrugged them off almost every time.

-Pete Choquette

Pete, when is the baby due because you must be pregnant with Vinny's baby to be so damn supportive of him.

Clash*
11-11-2003, 07:57 PM
YES, it was. LOOK AT THE TAPE. Khabibulin sets up square and then has to react to his right at the last second because of the riccochet off of Lukowich's shin pad. It was a LUCKY goal.

Oh bullspit. They weren't even going to call it until they saw that poor Lil' Mikey cut his forehead on the lip of the boards. Hooray for the emasculation of the game when you can't even throw a solid hit when you pinch to keep the puck in the zone.

You won't get two lucky goals and a 3rd period where the refs decide to play it 7-on-5 against the Lightning every game. Don't worry, you'll get yours.

-Pete Choquette
Pete, why not just be a big man and congratulate us on the win? Do you despise Rick Dudley and the Panthers so much, that you can't do such a simple thing? The more you post here, the less credibility anything you say seems to have. Yes, Vinny is a big boy, and the Panthers were playin him tough, but how many goals did he score tonite? In fact how many goals did the entire team score? Don't cry and make excsues for your team, when the Panthers played a solid game. Its one game out of six between these two teams and one out of 82. You make it almost sound as if the season was robbed from you cause of this game.

And BTW, nice hit Sarich put on Lilja. Clean hit and knocked him out of the game.

PantherBlood6*
11-11-2003, 07:57 PM
Wow! What's this bad blood between Jokinen & Kubina? I'd never thought I'd see Jokinen in a fight. Now that's a captain :)

Olli actually fights a few times a year...he's no puss I can assure you that much.

m2k2p
11-11-2003, 08:11 PM
Don't mind Pete everyone..... his team was killed by a team coached by Rick Dudley, who did have some hand in building his favorite team no matter what pathetic excuse he may try to muster otherwise. Pete should consider to stop making assumptions (assumptions are bad period) about Panther fans, I don't assume all Bolt fans are idiots. Pete's name calling is also not needed here and he has own board to ***** about the Bolt's defensive short comings , as well as Vinny supposedly getting
"*****" every time he gets the puck. :)

Heimy
11-11-2003, 08:27 PM
Now now Heimy, don't restrict the PantherNation's poet laureate Thewselius from using his unmatched wordsmithing ability. I mean, however perplexing his inability to master the simple contraction "you're" may be, his artful verse is still a momentous step up from the cave drawings and gutteral armpit noises most Panther fans use for communication.

So I say kudos to you Thewselius, Poet Laureate of PantherNation. "Your trooly grate!"

Source for spelling: The PantherNation Huked on Fonix Culering Buk, by CHaos2k.

-Pete Choquette

Ya know Pete, for a kid from the docks you've come a long way...

now keep goin' :D

petec1978*
11-12-2003, 12:09 AM
Do you despise Rick Dudley and the Panthers so much

In a word: YES.

This is a rivalry people, not the Girl Scout Cookie bake offs you may be accustomed to. There's no such thing as a polite rivalry. You either want to throw the other team and their fans under the bus, or you have no business calling yourself a fan at all.

-Pete Choquette

patastrophe
11-12-2003, 12:54 AM

-Pete Choquette

:cry: WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.... :cry:

pete, do you need a ride in a WAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE? :cry:

d-allowed 29 shots by a team thats been consistently outplayd and outshot all season long. nice effort from a team that stoda from the post just called "a true Stanley Cup contender".

goalie-4.00 gaa, .862 sp, 25 saves, 3 goals at even strength. nuff said.

as far as bad calls go, if you want consistent officiating, go watch nascar or the lpga or something. its part of the game and weve damn sure lived with our fair share of them so far this season. bottom line, your players put you in that position.

im sure youre just beating down the doors to the clubhouse demanding that the lightning dont take credit every time there's a goal scored on a 5-3, or off a tip or deflection. god forbid good play creates good luck.

for crissakes lose with a little class, its not like you guys are THAT far out of practice. youve only had a "winning" team there twice in eleven years, man.

justapantherfan
11-12-2003, 03:25 AM
Well I was right and we took the win. And Acadmus good call. :handclap:

As far as Pete goes you knew people were going to come over here whinning that everyone was against them and that is why they lost.

As far as calls go we have had so many it was nice to see a game played by the players and not the refs.

We may not be on top of the block right now but we did win and we took that win from the bolts.

We it was great and I upgraded my tickets too. Great play and a great win. :handclap:

Acadmus
11-12-2003, 04:26 AM

-Pete Choquette

Hate to disappoint you, Paste-pot Pete, but 5 points isn't a whole lot of difference, especially in November. If your team lost by one goal off a bad ref call, then maybe you could whine without losing too much respect. But the final tally was 4-0, bud.

(for those kids who missed the Paste Pot Pete reference, that was Spiderman's most ridiculous and useless opponent :D )

Coolburn
11-12-2003, 04:27 AM
YES, it was. LOOK AT THE TAPE. Khabibulin sets up square and then has to react to his right at the last second because of the riccochet off of Lukowich's shin pad. It was a LUCKY goal.I watched the game live and taped it...I watched what you call a riccochet. Really, the shot was clean but the bounce off Lukowich made you think it was a riccochet. The pass bounced off Lukowich and he didn't know where it was...not exactly his fault. But then the shot was clean from Hagman and the goal was scored because Khabibulin was looking toward the slot thinking there was a pass coming instead. When your goaltender looks away from the puck, you deserve to see the biscuit put in the basket. Quit your whining about your loss...and be a man, you don't have to be happy about it but you just have to accept it. :teach:

LetsGoPanthers
11-12-2003, 05:11 AM

-Pete Choquette

Hehe boys, here is something for you guys to bring up to Pete whenever he starts his "I-know-it-all" threads...

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by petec1978
According to our good friends from Russia, Vitaly Smolianinov is no longer playing in Russia. That is unconfirmed, but no one can seem to find him on any Russian team, nor has Eurohockey listed him as moving to another country.

I have a little more checking up to do, but at this stage it looks like old Vitaly might be out of hockey this year a la Solarev last year.

-Pete Choquette
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by LetsGoPanthers
I have a feeling he is playing for Karaganda in some Russian Division.
Not sure, but maybe worth looking into if you want to locate him.

Hopefully of some help...

---------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Petec1978
Well I'll be darned, Kazakhmys Karaganda just got him listed on their roster. Good catch. He wasn't listed there a few weeks ago when I checked on Metallburg.ru. They don't even have his first name on Barnaul's site.

4GP 0G 0A 0P 6PIMs according to Motor Barnaul's site.

Well golly, I've "Caught 'em All".

You ARE Rick Dudley aren't you?

I still don't like you

-Pete Choquette

-------------------------------------------------------------

Seems like some Panther posters know more about their players than he does.... :D

Hehe, Pete....

evildreams
11-12-2003, 05:38 AM
In a word: YES.

This is a rivalry people, not the Girl Scout Cookie bake offs you may be accustomed to. There's no such thing as a polite rivalry. You either want to throw the other team and their fans under the bus, or you have no business calling yourself a fan at all.

-Pete Choquette

i'm a brichards fan, but the lightning have won 1 playoff series in 11 seasons of existence. get off your high horse; the 'ning have proven nothing, certainly no more than fla (particulary in postseason history).

petec1978*
11-12-2003, 12:44 PM
Seems like some Panther posters know more about their players than he does....

Yes, I lost a 9th round pick who was playing in a remote Upper League outpost. One prospect in about 23-24. You've SO undermined my credibility there. :blush:

I mean, doesn't EVERYONE know Kazakhmys Karaganda added Smoly'ninov (they didn't even have his first name listed) to their roster a week into the season? I mean that's as easy to remember a piece of common knowledge as, oh say, the contraction "you're". :shakehead

If that's all you can get me on, you don't have a heck of a lot do you?

-Pete Choquette

petec1978*
11-12-2003, 01:01 PM
The pass bounced off Lukowich and he didn't know where it was...

God you are blind. That was Boyle who lost the puck in his feet and then turned the wrong way. He was the defenseman who was covering the shooter. LOOK AT THE FREAKING TAPE AGAIN. It's not hard to tell them apart Panther fan. Boyle is the little one that wears #22 and has the name "B-O-Y-L-E" on the back of his jersey. Lukowich is the skinny one that wears #37 and has "L-U-K-O-W-I-C-H" on his.

Lukowich was moving across the bottom of the slot left to right and was stopping on his right leg when the puck deflected off of it and changed directions on Khabi. CLEAR AS DAY!!! You say he was cheating towards the slot to play a pass and yet he was already down in the V. Does that make sense to you Panther fan? Why on earth would Khabi be down in the V acting like he was trying to stop the shot if he was "cheating to cover the pass"?

He wasn't playing the pass at all (because there weren't any shooters free at the top of the slot, for one thing). He had set up square to the original direction of the shot only to have it deflect to his right off of Lukowich's shin pad at the last second. You can see it in how he lunges his right elbow out a split second too late as a result, if you TAKE OFF YOUR ROSE COLORED GLASSES and look at it again.

-Pete Choquette

PanthersRule96
11-12-2003, 01:12 PM
It's funny to remember how Pete said that Dudley would ruin our team and how we suck, but I don't this there are any excuses for that game last night. When you leave your sticks at home and son't score, you'll never win.

Sorry, I normally wouldn't do this but he's such a sore loser.

4-0, 4-000000000000!!!!!!!!!!Beat by your own GM that ruined your team.
:lol: :lol: :joker:

Jeff Shafer
11-12-2003, 01:47 PM
It's funny to remember how Pete said that Dudley would ruin our team and how we suck, but I don't this there are any excuses for that game last night. When you leave your sticks at home and son't score, you'll never win.

Sorry, I normally wouldn't do this but he's such a sore loser.

4-0, 4-000000000000!!!!!!!!!!Beat by your own GM that ruined your team.
:lol: :lol: :joker:

yeah man you are a sore loser go home and cry to your mommy because TAMPA isn't any better then us!!!

Crossbar
11-12-2003, 02:18 PM
Ah the Troll Pete returns again (or did he ever leave here? haha). Your Bolts have had the best schedule in hockey so far and now that they've been playing more games in 1 week you are starting to slow down (hey right around this time last year Boston was #1 in the East too if i'm not mistaken and where did they end up finishing?? 7th?? uh-oh :eek: ) and now your taking your fustrations out on us and Caps fans but always remember Dudley helped build your team! :joker:

BTW that Val Bure pickup you critized Dudley for doing (even tho he had no choice) is working out quite fine thank you very much :D

P.S. Just remember you showed up here first again so don't be surprised if I pay a visit on the TB boards ;)

PantherboyHTR
11-12-2003, 03:11 PM
God you are blind. That was Boyle who lost the puck in his feet and then turned the wrong way. He was the defenseman who was covering the shooter. LOOK AT THE FREAKING TAPE AGAIN. It's not hard to tell them apart Panther fan. Boyle is the little one that wears #22 and has the name "B-O-Y-L-E" on the back of his jersey. Lukowich is the skinny one that wears #37 and has "L-U-K-O-W-I-C-H" on his.

Lukowich was moving across the bottom of the slot left to right and was stopping on his right leg when the puck deflected off of it and changed directions on Khabi. CLEAR AS DAY!!! You say he was cheating towards the slot to play a pass and yet he was already down in the V. Does that make sense to you Panther fan? Why on earth would Khabi be down in the V acting like he was trying to stop the shot if he was "cheating to cover the pass"?

He wasn't playing the pass at all (because there weren't any shooters free at the top of the slot, for one thing). He had set up square to the original direction of the shot only to have it deflect to his right off of Lukowich's shin pad at the last second. You can see it in how he lunges his right elbow out a split second too late as a result, if you TAKE OFF YOUR ROSE COLORED GLASSES and look at it again.

-Pete Choquette

Ok there buddy. I dont know what kind of make-believe-land you live in, but that goal was NO deflection. It went straight as an arrow in the net. Get some freakin' glasses or something, because you are starting to see things. When a bunch of people are saying the goal was NOT deflected, and you are the only one who is saying it was, maybe you'd think that you were wrong!!! I mean it's not that big a deal to me, but obiously if you had to come over here to prove your point like you are God or someone, then I'll play-along with your little game and agree with you, if it means
YOU WILL LEAVE!!! :madfire::rant:

Now get going, I don't have anymore time for people who can't see right

Crossbar
11-12-2003, 03:16 PM
LMAO PantherboyHTR that was classic. :handclap:

Coolburn
11-12-2003, 03:23 PM

-Pete ChoquetteOops you're right it was Boyle playing poor defense instead of Lukowich who plays poor defense all the time. You can see how I could get that confused :joker:. Since the camera was facing Boyle's face, I couldn't really see his number or name but realized when I looked at the replay of the goal. The first goal wasn't a deflection...the 2nd goal was where it did deflect off Lukowich. I think you're confused there Pete. Those glasses are rose colored at all...they're just sunglasses because FL's future is too bright I gotta wear shades (sorry for the cheesy 80s song reference) :yo:

Chaos2k7
11-12-2003, 05:12 PM
Oops you're right it was Boyle playing poor defense instead of Lukowich who plays poor defense all the time. You can see how I could get that confused :joker:. Since the camera was facing Boyle's face, I couldn't really see his number or name but realized when I looked at the replay of the goal. The first goal wasn't a deflection...the 2nd goal was where it did deflect off Lukowich. I think you're confused there Pete. Those glasses are rose colored at all...they're just sunglasses because FL's future is too bright I gotta wear shades (sorry for the cheesy 80s song reference) :yo:

4-0

:D

Clash*
11-12-2003, 06:28 PM

-Pete Choquette
That was Dan in Hagman's face, but Brad was right in front of Khabbi, you're right there. But, Khabbi was playin a pass, cause if you look, you see Jokinen drivin the net, AS THE PUCK GOES IN. Was there a deflection? No, but I can see where you might think there was one. It really sounds more like you were searchin for excuses there.

joeminus
11-12-2003, 07:08 PM
Just for the record, on the local Tampa feed that Hagman goal definitely appeared to be a deflection.

Carry on.

m2k2p
11-12-2003, 08:56 PM
Just for the record, on the local Tampa feed that Hagman goal definitely appeared to be a deflection.

Carry on.

Go to Nhl.com and watch the highlights http://nhl.com/intheslot/watch/video/index.html Watch it in slow motion several times with the pause button.... It is clearly a goal by Hagman and not touched. I saw it in person and saw the same thing as well. Soft goal by Khabibulin and nice shot by Hagman to catch him napping. It does'nt matter anyway because it is all about the scoreboard and it says 4-0 Panthers.

petec1978*
11-12-2003, 09:28 PM
You can see how I could get that confused

No, I can't. One has "B-O-Y-L-E" on the back of his jersey and the other has "L-U-K-O-W-I-C-H". The fact you can't tell the difference between the two is a clear sign you have ZERO credibility on the issue.

I mean, if Panther fans are so incredibly blind that they can't tell Dan Boyle from Brad Lukowich how on earth can anyone take seriously they're emphatic insistence that there was no deflection?

Seems to me Ray Charles saw more of the game than Panther fan did.

-Pete Choquette

Chaos2k7
11-12-2003, 09:31 PM
No, I can't. One has "B-O-Y-L-E" on the back of his jersey and the other has "L-U-K-O-W-I-C-H". The fact you can't tell the difference between the two is a clear sign you have ZERO credibility on the issue.

I mean, if Panther fans are so incredibly blind that they can't tell Dan Boyle from Brad Lukowich how on earth can anyone take seriously they're emphatic insistence that there was no deflection?

-Pete Choquette

Done crying yet?

:cry:

petec1978*
11-12-2003, 09:49 PM
Done LYING yet?

-Pete Choquette

m2k2p
11-12-2003, 10:09 PM

-Pete Choquette

Riiiight...Your vision is equally great in thinking that Hagman's goal was deflected when it clearly was'nt. You have no credibility yourself, so you have no right with your weak assumptions. Your starting to get really pathetic. What is your next sorry excuse ? Are you going to tell us Khabibulin was drunk? Vinny Broke up with his lover? or wait Andreychuk's pair of depends were leaking and it stunk up the whole team? Your posts are now becoming comical in their futility.

Chaos2k7
11-12-2003, 11:46 PM
Done LYING yet?

-Pete Choquette

Your BS was tired and pathetic then too...

But this time you're in Panther Nation. You don't have that moderator of your's over on the Tampa board to shut down threads for you here. You continue to be nothing but a laughing stock here. Anyways...

How about a congratulations on a win for us? 4-0? Pretty impressive.

:D

I am sure that the next time your team gets a couple deflection goals and screened goals you'll be all up in their ***** about how great they were. About all the hard work they put in. Praise Alla.

:bow:

Just go back to your crutch of last year's season series. I am sure it is the only thing keeping you asleep at night. Don't worry you still have five more chances.

Hopefully for your sake they will play with a little more emotion. Well, for our sake's too I guess. I was really hoping for a test in a that game. I guess those Tampa Bay boys can only get it done on home ice this year.

I am sure we'll have a lot more to talk about before the season is over.

Like a 6-0 series sweep per se?

:yo:

patastrophe
11-13-2003, 01:03 AM
Done LYING yet?

-Pete Choquette

:cough cough: ahem....

WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! :cry: :cry:

LetsGoPanthers
11-13-2003, 01:54 AM

-Pete Choquette

All WHurricane16 was saying was basically that Tampa had a bad game and that there will be ups and downs during a season.

Why start a namecalling thread out of this Pete?

Yes, we know the standings.
Yes, a couple of our goals might have been lucky.
But:
Yes, we won the game. (Just 1 out 82, we know...)
Yes, Tampa did not score at all, so if just one of our goals was deserved we would have won the game... :)
(Note: Smiley means read with a smile and leave it at that...)

Stop your aggressive threads coming from nowhere, I think we all are getting tired of seeing them here.... (?)

Coolburn
11-13-2003, 04:14 AM

-Pete ChoquetteLOL...you are hilarious dude. What you failed to include in your quote was the :joker: which meant I was making a joke outta Boyle's playing and comparing him to Lukowich, who I think isn't very good defensively. I see you have no sense of humor so I'll try to avoid making jokes about your team, which seem to be easy with your comments. :lol:

And according to joeminus, the TB feed must've shown a different angle but all the other angles I've seen (including the one linked) shows it was clearly a clean shot once the puck settled onto Hagman's stick to shoot it. Since that was the GWG, that was the only goal that was important in the game really. It wasn't luck nor a deflection and thats why I am adamant about defending it. There are only a few things I would ever claim and if I was wrong I would admit it, but I'm not so you can eat crow instead :D

PantherBlood6*
11-13-2003, 09:28 AM
Why do you guys even bother with Pete? This is the same guy who was laughed off the AOL boards by his fellow Lightning fans for being an arrogant, cocky fool that thinks he knows it all. Hell, even to this day they continue to mock and ridicule him with no end...If you have AOL, go over the the AOL Lightning board, you'll have a good laugh.

Any of you who actually think Pete is about to give us any credit you're kidding yourself. This is the same guy that was ignorant enough to talk smack when we were in the playoffs and TB finished dead last in the NHL.

If you all want a little background on Petey, this is the same guy who tried to justify the Joni Pitkanen for Ruslan Fedotenko trade, and proclaimed Fedotenko is a 30 goal scorer( How has that turned out Pete? :lol: ) This is the same guy who said Steve Kelley had 20-30 goal scorer potential, this is the same guy who guaranteed Paul Mara would have a Norris trophy right now. He's the ultimate homer and has NO other purpose but coming over here, picking a fight because he thinks that's the thing to do with your division rival. Over time, He becomes pretty predictable too. Got anything new for me Pete? Or is it the same 'ol, Fecal Kitties(how witty :shakehead) , name calling and using my last name ?(as if that means something :dunno: )

Anyway, Pete..I think I speak for all of us here when I say we couldn't care less if you didn't like us because we sure as hell don't like you, you aren't the center of the universe as much as you may want to be. You're relativley new to HF, but I'm sure over time you'll wear out your welcome at the TB Board and the TB faithful will have you searching for yet another message board to wreck havoc on. Hope you enjoy the couple of weeks you have left where some of the fans may actually respect you, because you know as well as I do that won't last long. :teach:

PantherboyHTR
11-13-2003, 10:25 AM
Why do you guys even bother with Pete? This is the same guy who was laughed off the AOL boards by his fellow Lightning fans for being an arrogant, cocky fool that thinks he knows it all. Hell, even to this day they continue to mock and ridicule him with no end...If you have AOL, go over the the AOL Lightning board, you'll have a good laugh.

Any of you who actually think Pete is about to give us any credit you're kidding yourself. This is the same guy that was ignorant enough to talk smack when we were in the playoffs and TB finished dead last in the NHL.

If you all want a little background on Petey, this is the same guy who tried to justify the Joni Pitkanen for Ruslan Fedotenko trade, and proclaimed Fedotenko is a 30 goal scorer( How has that turned out Pete? :lol: ) This is the same guy who said Steve Kelley had 20-30 goal scorer potential, this is the same guy who guaranteed Paul Mara would have a Norris trophy right now. He's the ultimate homer and has NO other purpose but coming over here, picking a fight because he thinks that's the thing to do with your division rival. Over time, He becomes pretty predictable too. Got anything new for me Pete? Or is it the same 'ol, Fecal Kitties(how witty :shakehead) , name calling and using my last name ?(as if that means something :dunno: )

Anyway, Pete..I think I speak for all of us here when I say we couldn't care less if you didn't like us because we sure as hell don't like you, you aren't the center of the universe as much as you may want to be. You're relativley new to HF, but I'm sure over time you'll wear out your welcome at the TB Board and the TB faithful will have you searching for yet another message board to wreck havoc on. Hope you enjoy the couple of weeks you have left where some of the fans may actually respect you, because you know as well as I do that won't last long. :teach:

Preech it Brother! :yo:

petec1978*
11-13-2003, 10:30 AM
This is the same guy that was ignorant enough to talk smack when we were in the playoffs and TB finished dead last in the NHL.

Because you struggled to even sellout your home playoff games because your fanbase is so aPATHETHIC. The fact that you got swept out by the Devils like so much trash made it all the sweeter.

and proclaimed Fedotenko is a 30 goal scorer

Lie. I said he was capable of scoring 20-25. He scored 19. Damn, I was one off.

This is the same guy who said Steve Kelley had 20-30 goal scorer potential

Would Edmonton have taken him with a top-10 pick if he didn't? And obviously SOMEONE thought Paul Mara had potential too, because he was the centerpiece of the Khabibulin trade.

Let me tell you all something about lil' Alex here. This is the same person who said Ivan Novoseltsev and Denis Shvidki would be 30 goal scorers by now... and that Novoseltsev even had 40 goal potential and maybe more (ie he compared him to Pavel Bure). He scoffed when I told him Shvidki didn't have the heart or predilection to do any hard work and that he rode Keefe and Jefferson's coattails in Barrie. Who was right Alex? And who was right about NovoBUSTev?

This is also the same Alex Shalloway who ran around for two consecutive months on AOL touting the Panthers "awesome Swedish prospect HELENIUS"... only to have me step in finally to tell him, "Uh, no, his name is HUSELIUS." And, even more hillariously, its the same Alex Shalloway who actually rigs the sim league he plays in so he always wins. Yes, truly pathetic, that one should be so insecure that they should actually rig their own sim league.

You're relativley new to HF

Wrong. Far be it from me to wage a battle of wits with an unarmed person like you, Alex, but I've been here for two years as a writer and on these boards. Unlike you, I HAVE credibility. I COVER the Swedish leagues and I can actually tell the difference between Sami HELENIUS (Finnish) and Kristian HUSELIUS (Swedish). You're just a pretender. The varitable clown prince of PantherNation. And that's why you wore out your welcome on AOL long before I walked away from it because I was sick of every post being off topic and filled with ethnic slurs and personal attacks.

Whatever you do Alex, don't comment on the facts of the game. Fill up your entire post with personal attacks. Don't mention the two goals off of goofy defelections. Don't mention the two dubious calls that led up to the 5-on-3 goal. Don't do anything that might shatter your precious dillusion that your sad sack little franchise isn't doomed for the next half a decade to linger in the basement of the NHL under your false messiah Rick Dudley, AKA Yoda, Master of Drafting in the Front Row.

You know what your problem is Alex (who by the way told me via IM one night that all of you HF Panther board regulars sans Heimy are idiots and that he has no respect for you all; how hypocritical of him to now attempt to get you all to rally around him)? You're a true believer. You BELIEVE whatever press release the Panthers throw at your feet. And it hasn't mattered what GM is in power or who the player is. You just BELIEVE. The organization throws a press release at your feet touting NovoBUSTev as the second coming, and you believe it. They throw another press release at your feet saying Taticek is a future scoring liner even though he only scored 12 goals in the OHL last season, and you believe it. I mean, Jesus Christ, if Rick Dudley told you his poops tasted like caviar your ignorant *** would take him on faith and be down in the bowl trying to fish one out and put it on a cracker.

And you have the audacity to call ME a homer? Let me tell you something boy, I don't just sit here on a message board trying to pretend like I have some sort of voice... I actually have one. WTF were YOU when I was criticizing the Lightning organization, not on a message board, but in MULTIPLE HF COLUMNS about the lack of a minor league affiliation, about the problems with excluding prospects from main training camp, about the problems with not participating in any rookie tournaments, about the cheapness of Bill Davidson and PS&E (who, at least, is not as cheap as Cohen), and about the inflexibility of John Tortorella and his apathetic attitude towards prospects? I'M a homer? I hate to tell you this but Lightning PR man Jay Preble has a Pete Choquette dart board in his office because I'm among the very few people in the Tampa market who is independent enough to stand up and be counted.

I vociferously opposed to Rick Dudley over his tenure in Tampa. I was the one who openly criticized the organization's handling of Alex Svitov and Nikita Alexeev's development. And I am the one who continues to protest the blackballing of Shane Willis. Why is that Alex? Because I am not a true believer. I don't eat out of the palm of the organization's hand like you do with the Panthers', bleating like the sad little sheep you are whatever nugget of wisdom their PR staff wants you to believe. "B-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a, NovoBUSTev will score 40 goals, b-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!" You accuse me of being a homer? Ha! Look in the mirror son. There isn't a bigger homer in the state of Florida than you, Alex Shalloway.

You're dismissed. :rant:

-Pete Choquette

petec1978*
11-13-2003, 10:36 AM
Preech it Brother!

Or P-R-E-A-C-H... :shakehead

-Pete Choquette

Chaos2k7
11-13-2003, 10:36 AM
Who is this Alex Novoseltsev?

:dunno:

So mixed up in your own BS you can't even string together the appropriate players for your own arguments.

Have a great day.

1-0 Panthers....

Choke on that Pete.

petec1978*
11-13-2003, 10:39 AM
I got something for you to choke on CHaos2k, but I'm afraid you'd like it too much.

Grown the stones to post Rick Dudley's record as an NHL GM yet? Found the post where I ever said the Lightning's core included Kubina and Cullimore yet?

Or are you still preferring to load up all your posts with LIES?

Don't bother, I already know the answer LIAR.

-Pete Choquette

Chaos2k7
11-13-2003, 10:44 AM
I got something for you to choke on CHaos2k, but I'm afraid you'd like it too much.

Grown the stones to post Rick Dudley's record as an NHL GM yet? Found the post where I ever said the Lightning's core included Kubina and Cullimore yet?

Or are you still preferring to load up all your posts with LIES?

Don't bother, I already know the answer LIAR.

-Pete Choquette

:joker:

See I knew you had a sense of humor. I thought living in Tampa Bay made most people more "Village People" then most but I have to admit, I never expected an offer from you. But, I'm sorry I'll have to pass. I am sure there is still some lonely sailor looking for love out there for you. There are more fish in the sea.

Rick Dudley's Win/Loss as Florida Panthers Head Coach: 1-0

Lastest News:

4-0 Win over the Tampa Bay Lightning.

http://www.nhl.com/onthefly/scoreboard/htmlreports/GS020217.HTM

:eek:

petec1978*
11-13-2003, 11:33 AM
I thought living in Tampa Bay made most people more "Village People" then most

You've got it wrong again. Its South Beach that's renowned for that particular brand of clientele. My gosh, is there ANYTHING you don't LIE about?

-Pete Choquette

Chaos2k7
11-13-2003, 11:35 AM
You've got it wrong again. Its South Beach that's renowned for that particular brand of clientele. My gosh, is there ANYTHING you don't LIE about?

-Pete Choquette

Sorry I must not search the docks as much as you. I think it has something to do with my hetrosexuality...

PantherBlood6*
11-13-2003, 11:42 AM
"Lie. I said he was capable of scoring 20-25. He scored 19. Damn, I was one off"

Want me to bring Steve and Mike over who also claimed he was capable of scoring 30 goals? Talk about lying....You're getting ripped over the the AOL boards right now for trying to justify the deal, so don't try to back out now you coward.

"Would Edmonton have taken him with a top-10 pick if he didn't? And obviously SOMEONE thought Paul Mara had potential too, because he was the centerpiece of the Khabibulin trade"

The point is you overrate anyone and everyone on the Tampa Bay roster, no matter who they are or where they came from. Yes, I did say Shvidki would be a superstar in this league and I still stand by the fact that he has the skill neccessary to do it. He's had a lot of unfortunate injuries, a coach playing with his mind and questionable work ethic, but the fact STILL remains he has the skill to do it. What happened to Sheldon Keefe? Hows he doing? If I remember correctly he "made" Shvidki :lol:

You talk about lying Pete? How can you call Chaos a liar and turn around and spew that load of garbage? Never did I compare Novo to Pavel Bure,I compared Novoseltsev to Sergei Berezin(when Berezin was scoring 25-35 goals consistently). Never did i confuse Sami Helenius and Kristian Huselius, you're awfully ignorant to even try and throw that around. Unlike you, I have some references to prove my points, all you have is a bunch of desperate lies to try and prove yours.

My SIM league has nothing to do with the subject, so bringing it up just shows how desperate you are do defend yourself from looking like even more of an idiot. And if you truley believed what you said, YOU WOULDN'T STILL BE THE FLAMES GM IN IT NOW WOULD YOU? Why take up your time and send lines every damn day in a league that is supposedly rigged? :lol:

"Wrong. Far be it from me to wage a battle of wits with an unarmed person like you"

Nice job stealing the line Deck and I used to use on you over on AOL...Kind of stuck with you after hearing it so much didnt it? :joker:

"Whatever you do Alex, don't comment on the facts of the game. Fill up your entire post with personal attacks. Don't mention the two goals off of goofy defelections. Don't mention the two dubious calls that led up to the 5-on-3 goal. Don't do anything that might shatter your precious dillusion that your sad sack little franchise isn't doomed for the next half a decade to linger in the basement of the NHL under your false messiah Rick Dudley, AKA Yoda, Master of Drafting in the Front Row."

:cry: :cry:

You done whining yet? Fact is Pete, if your lightning were as good as you make them out to be, and our Panthers where as BAD as you make them out to be, The lightning would have found a way to overcome the bad bounces and bad calls. Good teams do that all the time. But what happened? You got spanked 4-0. You were never in the game, barely outshot a team that gets almost doubled up in shots on a regular basis. LIVE WITH IT. You look like a damn baby the way you're crying over one loss.

"You know what your problem is Alex (who by the way told me via IM one night that all of you HF Panther board regulars sans Heimy are idiots and that he has no respect for you all; how hypocritical of him to now attempt to get you all to rally around him)?"

You're pathetic. Yet another lie to make your argument look better. I actually named names in that IM (Panthers Pride, evildreams, etc.) That constantly have dissagreements with.I've never had a serious conversation with Chaos, Rich, or most of these guys to make a statement like that. So, Pete...try again.

You just keep looking worse and worse, Pete. Everyone here knows how much i hate Mathieu Biron, everyone here knows I was against the pick of Petr Taticek(so bringing him up was beyond stupid), everyone here knows I am far from a homer and to be honest, probably closer to being a pessimist. I ripped Dudley for the Hurme fiasco, I ripped him for trading the #1 pick for Mikael "beyond useless" Samuelsson. I was one of the few that wanted Eric Staal or Nikolai Zherdev instead of Horton Everyone here will attest to that. so again you got anymore lies you want to try and throw out there?

Rattrick
11-13-2003, 11:45 AM

-Pete Choquette

I've come to a conclusion -- Pete is 12!

PanthersRule96
11-13-2003, 12:00 PM
Done LYING yet?

-Pete Choquette

Now that was just dumb.

4-0 :p :p :yo:

PantherBlood6*
11-13-2003, 12:03 PM
Pete is just a classless arrogant homer who has an "I'm better than all of you" attitude. HF's credibility is jeopardized to even have this fool's name associated with the web site. Just shows how far one person can drag people down.

How long you guys think it takes for Pete to get laughed off Hockey's Future like he did in AOL?

PanthersRule96
11-13-2003, 12:07 PM
Sorry I must not search the docks as much as you. I think it has something to do with my hetrosexuality...

LOL :yo: :joker: :joker: Nice one Chaos.

Chaos2k7
11-13-2003, 12:15 PM
LOL :yo: :joker: :joker: Nice one Chaos.

Thanks PanthersRule...

The funniest part is, no matter what is said, he has the opposite opinion. I have been laughing for a long, long time already...

:lol:

petec1978*
11-13-2003, 12:36 PM
Want me to bring Steve and Mike over who also claimed he was capable of scoring 30 goals?

Go for it. You have access to the entire post database there. Find me the post where I said Fedotenko would score 30 goals. Otherwise you're a LIAR just like CHaos2k.

P.S. I did an op ed on Spector's site where I said "20-25 goals". So if anyone wants to mosey on over there and check his archives, if it goes back that far, you'll see again, in black and white, that Alex is LYING.

You're getting ripped over the the AOL boards right now for trying to justify the deal

By who? One person? Who only puts up one post a week? The same person who said Cory Stillman was too small to be a scoring winger on the Lightning? The same person who said Alexeev and Svitov are poised to do "great things" this year AFTER they had disappointed the team so much they had been demoted to the minors? Wow, you sure support the MENSA crowd don't you Alex?

The point is you overrate anyone and everyone on the Tampa Bay roster, no matter who they are or where they came from.

To give an example you know the answer to: did I overrate Ryan Johnson? Yes or no? Answer: no, and you know it. And that's just a single example. If you want to go through the REAMS of players I didn't like that Dudley brought in we can begin with Mathieu Biron (another player which shatters your little LIE here) and work our way all the way down to a fairy like Mike Johnson or a waste of DNA like Brian Holzinger. You're LYING Alex, and you know it.

What happened to Sheldon Keefe? Hows he doing?

Played more in the NHL than Shvidki hasn't he? Was actually on an NHL roster opening night unlike Shvidki wasn't he? Didn't pass through waivers untouched like Shvidki did, did he?

Never did I compare Novo to Pavel Bure

You ABSOLUTELY did and I will be happy to supply witnesses to the effect.

Never did i confuse Sami Helenius and Kristian Huselius, you're awfully ignorant to even try and throw that around.

Again, you ABSOLUTELY did. Everyone on the Panther board thought it was just an honest slip on your part... but you and I both know you had been doing it for two months, don't we Alex?

Why take up your time and send lines every damn day in a league that is supposedly rigged?

To annoy you and your juvenile friends. I get a certain glee out of saying "no" to you every time you kvetch to me that you want Varada or another player.

everyone here knows I am far from a homer

Is that why everyone who knows you calls you "clone" (because he parrots whatever the organization says)?

You certainly didn't get that nickname from being a member the genetic science community, that's for sure.

-Pete Choquette

petec1978*
11-13-2003, 12:42 PM
HF's credibility is jeopardized to even have this fool's name associated with the web site.

Go cry to your buddy Fischel, Shalloway. I'm sure he'll pretty much ignore you just like the last time you did it.

-Pete Choquette

petec1978*
11-13-2003, 12:44 PM
I have been laughing for a long, long time already...

Fools and small children are easily amused.

-Pete Choquette

CatscratchFever
11-13-2003, 01:06 PM
All of this over 1 goal in 1 period of 1 game. Does Tampa playing badly for a night and the Cats playing well justify the kind of crying and sniveling i've been reading for 5 pages now? :dunno: But I know one thing for a fact, when the Bolts do beat us again, I still won't have the urge to run over to their boards and cry about lucky goals, refs, ice conditions, homosexuality, our place in the standings (or theirs), Dudley, or anything else that might remotely explain why my team got beat. It's so stupid that frankly i'm suprised anyone engaged this Pete Chokeonitte guy. It frustrates me that attitudes like his can roam freely over my favorite place to catch up with Panther fans. But then again, what do i know, I manage not to post 10 times a day.-Zombie

Chaos2k7
11-13-2003, 01:07 PM
To annoy you and your juvenile friends. I get a certain glee out of saying "no" to you every time you kvetch to me that you want Varada or another player.

-Pete Choquette

Fools and small children ARE easily amused.

So true Pete, never have you spoken a truer sentence...

PantherBlood6*
11-13-2003, 01:08 PM
Message 1 of 1 Subject 1 of 1
Subject: Re: More for Petey
Date: 6/29/2002 11:35 PM Eastern Standard Time
MsgId: <20020630003522.12161.00002866@mb-ft.aol.com>

<<Sorry Mike, you dont trade the fourth overall pick for a guy who CAN( and thats being optimistic) score 25 goals.>>

And yet trading the #5 pick for Kudroc and Weekes like Dudley did was a trade you SHOULD make?

Seems to me a 25 goal scorer is worth more than both of them... assuming it was just a 25 goal scorer we were talking about. Add Lukowich, Henrich, Dicaire, and a 7th rounder into the equation and the deal doesn't look as bad

there you are Foo-Foo Choquette, want more? Like you defending Mike for calling him a 25-30 goal scorer? Calling him a two way power forward? Anything else you want?

PantherBlood6*
11-13-2003, 01:18 PM
You're in denial if you think it's only one person ripping you to shreds on AOL. Go over there an look for yourself, theres plenty of hate for you over there...guess you just got too outnumbered for your liking?

I'll love to see how Sotnos, Oceanic and the other Lightning faithful tear you a new one once they get sick of your child act.

Did you overrate Nikita Alexeev? Sheldone Keefe? Fedotenko? Mara? Kelly? How about calling Khabibulin more valuable to a franchise than Luongo?

I never compared Novoseltsev to Bure, Mike and I used to have long arguments over him and he always made it out as if I did. But I guess changing what I say into something that supports your argument is OK for you to do right?

Me calling Huselius Sami Helenius? The least you can do is make your fictional story somewhat realistic.

And everyone calls me "clone" Because someone else named "Alex" has the same background and similar personality. You show yet again how clueless you are.

Clash*
11-13-2003, 01:40 PM
Pete, do you ever shut up and go home? Just shut up, cause you single handedly are runing the boards.

As for all the childish crap, put the idiot on ignore folks. I just wasted 15 minutes of my life lookin for something in this thread worth reading, and feel incredibly brain damaged from readin Pete's nonsense. so please ignore him, and maybe he'll go away, like those annoyin kids at carnivals when hittin on the MILFs.

m2k2p
11-13-2003, 01:53 PM
Pete, do you ever shut up and go home? Just shut up, cause you single handedly are runing the boards.

As for all the childish crap, put the idiot on ignore folks. I just wasted 15 minutes of my life lookin for something in this thread worth reading, and feel incredibly brain damaged from readin Pete's nonsense. so please ignore him, and maybe he'll go away, like those annoyin kids at carnivals when hittin on the MILFs.

I agree this is getting redundant. The Bolts nor this member of the Bolts staff at HP are worth this long of a thread. Only time Tampa Bay is worth talking about is next time we play them. The Ignore list he goes.

petec1978*
11-13-2003, 01:59 PM
Wow Alex! What'd I say! 20-25 goals. And you found a post where I took the high number in the range. Damn! You sure proved I was wrong.

No, wait. That's EXACTLY what I said. How about you turn yourself around, walk back to the keyboard, sit down, and now actually try to find the post where I said Fedotenko would score 30 goals. Can you do that Alex? Or is your attention span too short?

I NEVER said Fedotenko would score 30 goals, and if you don't believe me there's an entire BOARD full of Lightning fans who have known me for 2, sometimes 3 years now who know what I said a heck of a lot more than you do.

want more?

Go right ahead. My position on the Fedotenko trade is clear. Its been on three different message boards and an opp ed on Spectorshockey. It's not a secret. The sad thing is that when you or that one vocal person on AOL bring up the issue you always fail to appropriately present my side of the issue choosing instead to whine "Pete said the Fedotenko deal was great."

My position has always been that Feaster didn't get market value for that pick, but also that the deal is not as lopsided as people like Panther fans want to make it out to be, either. They often leave out that the Lightning got Lukowich in the deal too. They also leave out that the Lightning got two decent prospects (Henrich and Dicaire) out of the aftermath of the deal. A 20-25 goal scoring winger, a guy who was a top-4 d-man and a plus player in Tampa, and two prospects who the organization are really high on is not as awful a return as what Panther fan portrays it to be when they whine "You traded Pitkanen for Fedotenko."

What's interesting about the post you quote is that you pull it out of context of a very important point which Panther fans on HF have been running from since I first brought it up. Rick Dudley's record on trading top-5 picks is FAR WORSE than Jay Feaster's is. When you consider the only thing the Lightning have left in their lineup today from the fallout of the trades of the '99 #1 overall and '00 #5 overall is CHRIS DINGMAN, it becomes clear old Yoda Dudley isn't nearly the genius you've made him out to be, and that using the Fedotenko deal to pump up Rick Dudley's reputation is just plain stupid.

Go over there an look for yourself, theres plenty of hate for you over there...guess you just got too outnumbered for your liking?

Hmmm, you, one supposed Lightning fan who only posts once a week and a Caps fan don't like me. Gosh, my fragile inner child is so wounded. :blush:

I'll love to see how Sotnos, Oceanic and the other Lightning faithful

Instead of speaking about them in the third person why don't you actually ask them? I was conversing with them on SSN a year before I joined HF. If what you're saying is true, surely they'd have crucified me by now, right? Or are you just pulling a lot of what you're saying out of your favorite posterior oriface? I choose the latter answer. :teach:

Did you overrate Nikita Alexeev?

No. I never really liked the Alexeev pick. Everyone knows I would've taken Smirnov.

Sheldone Keefe?

Played more than Shvidki has. I like how you didn't address that part of my post. Whasamatta Alex? Hurt too much that the surefire 30 goal scorer that is Denis Shvidki turned out to be the freeloader I told you he was?

Fedotenko?

By one whole goal. I said 20-25. He got 19. You're right, I'm a terrible judge of talent.

Mara? Kelly?

Two guys in the 5 years you've known me! Wow. Thanks for showing what a great record I have.

Lightning fans will point out that I said Egener would be a Lightning target in the '03 draft as early as the JANUARY before the draft. They'll point out I said Aaron Lobb's attitude problems would preclude him from fulfilling his potential TWO YEARS before the Lightning chose not to offer him a contract. They'll point out I was the only one in this market talking up Dennis Packard MONTHS before a THN list which is taken directly from Jake Goertzen put Dennis in our top-10 prospects and he's been there for 2+ years now. I was on the Paul Ranger bandwagon before anyone else... he was invited to the Canadian developmental camp this summer and was selected to play with the OHL all-stars against the Russian U-20's. Etc etc.

And that's just my HF record. On AOL I called the emergence of Darcy Tucker when he was just a dumpy 4th liner we had acquired from the Canadiens. I SHOT DOWN, rightfully, guys like Mike and Ryan Johnson.

You want to sit here and bring up two names in five years? Fine. How right were you about Shvidki? Novoseltsev? How right have you been in your little jihad against Dan Boyle? Etc etc. There's a lot more stupid statements you've made over the years than two incorrect ones by me.

And its funny because after prompting you that the guy's name is "Huselius" you were asking me what I thought his potential was coming in. What'd I say "clone"? 20-25 goals. What'd he get his first year in the league?

What you all don't know about, Panther fan, is that when Alex needs info about a Euro player like, oh say, what Karri Lehtonen's goalie stats are so he can appropriately rig his sim ratings... he comes to me. So for him to sit here and kvetch I have no credibility with young players is laughable.

Everyone's been fooled by a prospect or two that hasn't completely turned out. We even have a thread about it on the press board. Even Bob MacKenzie's been fooled a time or two. Two names in five years doesn't ashame me in the slightest "clone". That's why when you go to Fischel and whine to him, he'll probably tell you I've been working hard and doing a good job.

How about calling Khabibulin more valuable to a franchise than Luongo?

Who was the starting All-Star goaltender last year? Who didn't even make the team? I know this irks you and the former AOL Panther Nation, but Khabi's the better player.

The guy has been an all-star both years in Tampa. Was named the best goaltender in the Olympics for Team Russia. And for all your buddy Deck's whining when we got him that he'd never won a playoff series, he did that too.

Me calling Huselius Sami Helenius? The least you can do is make your fictional story somewhat realistic.

I think anyone here can see how easy it would be for you to make that mistake. That wasn't the issue. That it took 2 months and me stepping in to help you figure it out was.

And everyone calls me "clone" Because someone else named "Alex" has the same background and similar personality.

Yeah that is what everyone says... to your face.

-Pete Choquette

PantherBlood6*
11-13-2003, 02:49 PM

Nice to know moderators are doing their jobs isnt it? I get warned for one insult, Pete comes and starts warfare and gets nothing. Trust me first hand, no matter what you say, how dumb you make him look, he'll come back for more, so unless EVERYONE ignores him, you'll never get rid of him unless a moderator comes in.