Dud's new lines

jacksheit
11-11-2003, 06:55 AM
I think these r Dud's new lines? am i right? Do u guys like these lines?

Hus- Jokinen - sam
Hag - Weiss - bure
Mess-Horton-bednar
Hordichuck-Richie-McDonald

**Kozlov is also hurt
ahh the last 2 lines dont matter much, haha cuz i have no idea what they'll b. but duds did say he'd roll 4 lines! so everyone plays around 18 minutes. I like these lines, i dont see hordichuck on the first line! :handclap:

Captain8
11-11-2003, 07:35 AM

Hus- Jokinen - sam
Hag - Weiss - bure
Mess-Horton-bednar

**Kozlov is also hurt
ahh the last 2 lines dont matter much, haha cuz i have no idea what they'll b. but duds did say he'd roll 4 lines! so everyone plays around 18 minutes. I like these lines, i dont see hordichuck on the first line! :handclap:

Ritchie is injured. Also, it's not clear where Horton, Nislon, and Novo are penciled in. IMO, Novo has been playing decent hockey this season and I would like Dudley to find a way to keep him in the lineup.

Regarding Horton, I don't think Dudley should be afraid of sitting him for some games. When Kozlov, Ritchie, and (eventually) Nedorost eventually return, they may have no choice.

Even when all of the lines are rolled, it's impossible to give 18 minutes of ice time to everyone. There is still a marked gradient from the first to the fourth line, even on a deep team like Ottawa. To that end, I'm curious to see what kind of system changes Dudley implements to facilitate a more even spread of ice time. IMO, the team is hindered by a lack of quality depth and, unfortunately, is facing a steep learning curve (with 4 games over 6 nights) right off the bat.

evildreams
11-11-2003, 12:07 PM
ritchie and macdonald on the roster simultaneously? beaudoin and kolnik are getting hosed.

LetsGoPanthers
11-11-2003, 12:49 PM

Hus- Jokinen - sam
Hag - Weiss - bure
Mess-Horton-bednar

**Kozlov is also hurt

How would a Huselius-Weiss-Bure line hold up in the long run?
Are they skilled enough to get away with a low physical presence and dominate offensively or will they be overmatched against bigger/meaner opposition?

Nedorost-Jokinen-Kozlov
Huselius-Weiss-Bure

Scary skilled Top 2 lines, but maybe too scared..... :D

PantherboyHTR
11-11-2003, 02:08 PM
ritchie and macdonald on the roster simultaneously? beaudoin and kolnik are getting hosed.
I agree. No need for the same exact two players on at one time. Ritchie is hurt though, so I imagine that when he is back Macdonald goes back down (unless he is playing good.)

PanthersRule96
11-12-2003, 12:00 PM
last night it was Jokinen, Hagman, and Samuelsson
then, Huselius, Weiss and Bure
Nilson Horton and Bednar
Messier-McD-Hordy

Heimy
11-12-2003, 02:51 PM
With Lilja injuried Dudley should bring Shvidki up to play on the top line, drop Samuelsson down to the 4th line and play Messier on D.

Coolburn
11-12-2003, 02:56 PM
In one of the other threads, they said that FL called up Rossiter in the meantime. Sounds like Duds is gonna give him another chance and see what he can do. I'd prefer Messier on D but we'll see what happens.

StilesBC
11-13-2003, 01:42 PM
What happened to Marcus Nilson?

m2k2p
11-13-2003, 01:56 PM
What happened to Marcus Nilson?

He played Tuesday night on a line with Bednar and Horton.