Untradable Players

YotesFan
11-11-2003, 01:59 PM
Where do you guys think we can move Boucher and Savage? They seem almost untradable to me. I know w/Bierk being injured we have to wait, but boucher needs to be traded. Savage needs to go also, their trades would bring our payroll down. If we can't simply dump thier salary, we should package with a more desirable asset and bring in some scoring talent. What do you guys think?

_Del_
11-11-2003, 02:23 PM
Where do you guys think we can move Boucher and Savage? They seem almost untradable to me. I know w/Bierk being injured we have to wait, but boucher needs to be traded. Savage needs to go also, their trades would bring our payroll down. If we can't simply dump thier salary, we should package with a more desirable asset and bring in some scoring talent. What do you guys think?

If there was ANY way of getting rid of these players via trade, it'd be done by now... Especially with the CBA concerns and most everyteam in the league looking to pare their pay role, the only way you get rid of Savage is to package him with something good and pick up Turgeon. And what would be the point of that? They're stuck with the insane contracts. I think its good that teams are suddenly saddled with these contracts -- maybe, just maybe, they'll stop handing them out.

I don't see a market at all for Boucher.

Only way I see either of these guys getting moved is if they volunteer to take pay cuts, and that is unlikely and unreasonable.

CoyoteBaloney
11-11-2003, 07:23 PM
Bierk's hip flexor may be the opportunity Boucher has looked for since the TB game. It is his last chance to show something to the Coyotes and to other teams.

I think the Coyotes have already decided to go with Burke and Bierk. So Boucher will be playing for some other team to take notice and try to trade for him at a real cheap price.