is Weiss is for real ???

habsfan27
11-11-2003, 08:01 PM
is he ready to blossom now that Keenan has been fired ???

m2k2p
11-11-2003, 08:15 PM
is he ready to blossom now that Keenan has been fired ???

He has looked really good since being called up from the Rampage, and I think he could be for real. He is a good two-way center and has gotten confidence shooting the puck. Seems like a lot better player than a season ago so far.

justapantherfan
11-12-2003, 03:29 AM
I think that little stint with the Rampage was the best thing that could have happened to him. It took it maturely and now he has got his mojo back. He has looked very sharp these few games. :handclap:

Coolburn
11-12-2003, 04:32 AM
I love to see Weiss playing like he has...it makes it easier to call him what I have affectionately nicknamed him:

http://www.coolburn.com/images/weiss.jpgI really wished he had scored on that play where he drove to the net...he looked really good doing that. He almost looked like Gretzky when he fed that puck to Lilja by sending that laser beam from behind the net and then got in there with the d-man to create a screen. The future looks bright for him and if he keeps this up, he'll prove why he was the #4 overall (and he can make evildreams eat crow too :joker: ).

evildreams
11-12-2003, 05:30 AM
and most of you had him pegged for opening night. i'm going to need to see more than 2 games, though.

PUCKBOY99
11-12-2003, 06:28 AM
I think that little stint with the Rampage was the best thing that could have happened to him. It took it maturely and now he has got his mojo back. He has looked very sharp these few games. :handclap:

My words exactly!!! :handclap:

Club301
11-12-2003, 10:56 AM
In general, he just looked small and out of place last year. This year you notice him on the ice every shift, and he looks like he definitely bulked up and filled out a little in the offseason.

Heimy
11-13-2003, 05:14 PM
I can't remember seeing a player improve so much in such a short time but Weiss has been outstanding in both ends since his return.

PanthersRule96
11-13-2003, 05:23 PM
What a play on his goal in the 2nd. Drove to the net and afterwards, potted the backhand.

Coolburn
11-13-2003, 05:51 PM
Something of note from tonites game besides his goal, he played more minutes than Jokinen. Actually the whole line of Huselius-Weiss-Bure played more than any of the other forwards.

HughJass*
11-13-2003, 06:48 PM
I really like Weiss alot so I hope this season goes far better than last. If Keenan is why he didn't improve more last season then Dudley needs to shoot himself for not firing Mike sooner. I'm a Keenan guy, but he's just too much for some young forwards.

Clash*
11-13-2003, 07:11 PM
Last year Weiss stated he wanted to work on the defensive aspects of his game first and foremost. He did that IMO, and now is ready for the offensive side of the game. I only see this kid gettin better and better under the right tutelage. Any deal for a swap of Weiss for Comrie (as shortly rumored) would have been a regrettable one down the road.

m2k2p
11-13-2003, 07:19 PM
Last year Weiss stated he wanted to work on the defensive aspects of his game first and foremost. He did that IMO, and now is ready for the offensive side of the game. I only see this kid gettin better and better under the right tutelage. Any deal for a swap of Weiss for Comrie (as shortly rumored) would have been a regrettable one down the road.

I was'nt in favor of getting Comrie anyway. He seems like he would be a cancer to a team. Weiss is on his way to becoming a fine two-way center and showing why he was 1st round draft pick.