Thoughts and opinions on Cale Hulse this season

Unthinkable
11-11-2003, 07:44 PM
Heard some rumblings that Lou Lamoriello might want to reacquire Cale Hulse and wanted to hear what you fans think of Hulse' play to date. Is he taking many bad penalties or no? Where does he stand in your current defensive depth chart?

rbrooks
11-11-2003, 08:04 PM
He has been the Coyotes best defensive defenseman with Radoslav Suchy. He leads the team in +/- and will contribute offensively every so often.

Hordichuk_24
11-11-2003, 08:04 PM
Hulse has played a lot better than I expected. I doubt we'll trade him unless we are getting some toughness and grit back. Otherwise our defense will be pretty soft.

11-12-2003, 04:01 AM
Hulse has played a lot better than I expected. I doubt we'll trade him unless we are getting some toughness and grit back. Otherwise our defense will be pretty soft.

I must say I was not giddy over his signing, but he has contributed to a team that has some question marks on D. I would prefer to keep him at this point unless the typical deal knocks my socks off as they say. There are few players I'd like to see moved on this team right now, and I don't think any of them are on the blueline.

CoyoteBaloney
11-12-2003, 06:43 AM
If it means saving money I think any of the bottom half of the roster can be dealt this season.

Hulse has played very well. The only way the Coyotes will trade him is if they get a player who is cheaper, younger and will help the Coyotes in the near future.

Someone like defensive prospects Anton Kadeykin or Matt DeMarchi with some other prospect who is close to making the jump.

I doubt the Coyotes will be trading Hulse though.

Waldo
11-12-2003, 07:20 AM
Hulse has been everything that almost everyone commented on that he was not ....... He has been fairly disciplined, has been playing tough and physical, does not make a lot of mistakes, plays a tidy defensive game. Has been a postive contributor to the Coyotes and would not likely be dealt. Fans in Phoenix like him.