Lilja could be out for a "while"

pb1300
11-12-2003, 05:59 AM
That was the comment Duds made after last nights game. He got injured from that huge hit by Sarich in the third. I just hope he isnt out for a long period of time cause he is a big part of our defensive scheme.

PantherboyHTR
11-12-2003, 06:03 AM
I'd be suprised if he didn't miss any time, that hit was HUGE!

m2k2p
11-12-2003, 07:41 AM
I wonder who the Panthers will call up with Lilja and Biron out. Lilja played very well last night, reminded me of what he did last season and works well in a pair with Jay. I wonder if Krajicek is ready to come up yet. I know Messier can play some D too if needed.

edit: Judging by Krajicek's stats in San Antonio so far I think he is still getting into playing shape.

Clash*
11-12-2003, 08:20 AM
With Messier bein able to play D, I don't think you'll see anyone called up right now. There is always the usual in Rossiter or they might bring up Jeff Paul or Grant McNeill so he can get a looksee of the NHL.

m2k2p
11-12-2003, 10:01 AM
With Messier bein able to play D, I don't think you'll see anyone called up right now. There is always the usual in Rossiter or they might bring up Jeff Paul or Grant McNeill so he can get a looksee of the NHL.

I like how Jeff Paul played in camp and the toughness he brings I did'nt get to see enough McNeil, but I know he is a very good fighter. Not sure if he is ready to play in the NHL yet though. I saw Rossiter last season, but he got injured shortly after being called up so I am not sure what to make of him yet.

FlaPanthers7
11-12-2003, 10:34 AM
Rossiter didn't do much in camp and wasn't very impressive during his call ups last year. McNeill, IMO, is the guy to possibly bring up, or perhaps Jeff Paul. Then again this might be moot if Messier is moved to the D...

m2k2p
11-12-2003, 10:56 AM
Rossiter didn't do much in camp and wasn't very impressive during his call ups last year. McNeill, IMO, is the guy to possibly bring up, or perhaps Jeff Paul. Then again this might be moot if Messier is moved to the D...

Yeah I don't remember Rossiter doing much in camp come to think of it. I saw a few scrimmages, and he did'nt really stand out. I think Paul would be a good choice to call up. I think Messier might finally start playing some games at D. I like how he played in a scrimmage I saw on Defense. He scored a nice goal too on a top corner slapper.

Coolburn
11-12-2003, 03:08 PM
I'd really like to see McNeill get a chance. His physical play would be a change of pace and I think could intimidate forwards like Laus used to do.

Crossbar
11-12-2003, 03:31 PM
ESPN's transactions says we recalled Kyle Rossiter.

Clash*
11-12-2003, 06:07 PM
San Antonio Rampage.com: Rossiter recalled by Florida (http://www.sarampage.com/recall_rossiter_031112.shtml)

Clint
11-12-2003, 07:09 PM
San Antonio Rampage.com: Rossiter recalled by Florida (http://www.sarampage.com/recall_rossiter_031112.shtml)

How long might he be here, and will he get any real playing time under Dudley?

Clash*
11-12-2003, 08:12 PM
How long might he be here, and will he get any real playing time under Dudley?
Well, with only five healthy defensemen, not including Messier, here right now, he might see a lot. All depends on where Dudley and Co. decide to use Messier.

Heimy
11-12-2003, 09:24 PM
Well, Rossiter's got some snarl but his last callup was an utter disaster. I remember well cause I thought he'd had a solid camp last year but when his chance came he was worse than bad...might have been nerves??

IceKatsRHot
11-13-2003, 09:26 AM
Another injury: Defenseman Andreas Lilja scored his first goal of the season Tuesday but hurt the AC joint in his left shoulder and will miss up to two weeks. The Panthers called up Kyle Rossiter from San Antonio.

Kozlov, the Panthers' leading scorer, will not play tonight against New Jersey but may return for Saturday's game at Pittsburgh. Kozlov was hit in the jaw with a puck in a 2-0 loss to St. Louis last weekend and will need a protective shield on his helmet upon returning.

Looks like 2 weeks with Rossiter...

Also Biron should have been back by now, I see no site that has updated his injury...

It has been exactly 1 month and 1 day since he injured his hand...

I'm thinking he should play Saturday maybe?

Any news...?

m2k2p
11-13-2003, 10:18 AM
Looks like 2 weeks with Rossiter...

Also Biron should have been back by now, I see no site that has updated his injury...

It has been exactly 1 month and 1 day since he injured his hand...

I'm thinking he should play Saturday maybe?

Any news...?

I have'nt read anything about Biron's status, but I am thinking he will be back soon. Maybe Biron will play better coached under Dudley, I know Lilja looked a lot better than he has all season (more like he did last season)....too bad he got injured though.

Acadmus
11-13-2003, 10:54 AM
I have'nt read anything about Biron's status, but I am thinking he will be back soon. Maybe Biron will play better coached under Dudley, I know Lilja looked a lot better than he has all season (more like he did last season)....too bad he got injured though.

I'm thinking Biron will get a conditioning stint in SA first, since he's been out so long and players don't need to clear waivers on a 3-game conditioning assignment after coming off IR, right?

m2k2p
11-13-2003, 11:02 AM
I'm thinking Biron will get a conditioning stint in SA first, since he's been out so long and players don't need to clear waivers on a 3-game conditioning assignment after coming off IR, right?

Yeah he does'nt have to clear waivers on a conditioning stint. I think those stints can last up to 2 weeks.