sjostrom

reg dunlop
11-12-2003, 11:45 AM
where is he playing right now?? is he playing well? in junior, he sure looked good at times, scored one of the nicest goals i ever saw at nay level..

PhoPhan
11-12-2003, 12:09 PM
I know exactly which goal you speak of, and it was a beauty. He is playing in Springfield, the Coyotes AHL affiliate, and although he has been playing well, he has not scored, and only has a few assists.

EDIT: Anyone know where I can DL a clip of that goal? It is nothing but a memory right now.

reg dunlop
11-13-2003, 05:48 AM
I know exactly which goal you speak of, and it was a beauty. He is playing in Springfield, the Coyotes AHL affiliate, and although he has been playing well, he has not scored, and only has a few assists.

EDIT: Anyone know where I can DL a clip of that goal? It is nothing but a memory right now.

good call. if you find a copy of that goal, post it. it was awesome. i think he needs to bulk up if he wants to make it to the big leagues

PhoPhan
11-13-2003, 11:34 AM
good call. if you find a copy of that goal, post it. it was awesome. i think he needs to bulk up if he wants to make it to the big leagues

He has bulked up. He was drafted around 190 lbs, now I have seen him listed anywhere up to 225 lbs, but usually around 210.

Gwyddbwyll
11-14-2003, 03:13 AM
Didnt he lose weight? I remember Sjostrom saying his slow start in the WHL last year was partly because he'd lost agility and speed due to the bulking up? Guess he has to find a balance.

PhoPhan
11-14-2003, 09:41 AM
Didnt he lose weight? I remember Sjostrom saying his slow start in the WHL last year was partly because he'd lost agility and speed due to the bulking up? Guess he has to find a balance.

I think at that hard core offseason training fest everyone had, he bulked up to around 225-230, and it slowed his play, so he lost some of it (down to 210 or so) and it helped him. So he gained a lot of weight, the lost a lot, but still had a net gain.