Why do I sweat so much? Can i do things to prevent it?

Jumbo*
07-30-2006, 01:54 PM
Ok, im not in bad shape at all, im pretty skinny really. But if i stand outside in the heat for like 10 minutes i start to sweat like crazy, face, back, chest etc. Is there something i can do to prevent this or something i can stop doing to prevent this? I drink a lot of beer this summer if that means anything.

It really sucks cuz like if im with a girl and im sitting in her car my back sometimes gets all sweaty and when i get out of the car my whole back is like dripping in sweat and it shows on my shirt, it looks really bad.

plz help. thanks

SpeakerForTheDead
07-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Try crashing into a cop. I hear jail has air conditioning.

Jumbo*
07-30-2006, 01:56 PM

im looking for serious responses thanks

Lecavilier_4
07-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Get your dad to sue the doctors.

Brad*
07-30-2006, 01:59 PM
You don't sweat when you're dead.

HINT, HINT.

Rico__Persson*
07-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Manhood

Manhood is the period in a male's life when he has left behind the innocence of childhood. It is during this period that the peak of a man's lifetime is reached. Throughout history, especially in the ancient cultures, boys would undergo many different, sometimes dangerous, ceremonies or sacrifices in order to be recognized as adult in their own right. This rite of passage from childhood to adulthood was very important to these emerging members of society, and many factors of their adult life would sometimes have been affected by this one transitional period of a male person's life.

Blindsided
07-30-2006, 02:00 PM
I really dont think there is anything you can do. Sweating is our bodies way of cooling ourselves off. The only way to prevent it is to keep cool and be sure to drink plenty of water to hydrate yourself when you do sweat!

Rico__Persson*
07-30-2006, 02:03 PM
Manhood

Manhood is also a euphemism for penis, as well as a synonym for masculinity.

Hockeymom67
07-30-2006, 02:06 PM

:biglaugh:

MisterUnspoken
07-30-2006, 02:07 PM
You are pretty much stuck. I'm skinny and hardly sweat at all, everyone is different.

Jumbo*
07-30-2006, 02:12 PM
If i wear an undershirt under my t-shirts will that prevent the sweat from going to my t-shirt, its really embarassing to let everyone see how much my back is sweating after doing nothing. Or will the sweat just go through the shirt anyway to my t-shirt?

Transplanted Caper
07-30-2006, 02:13 PM
im looking for serious responses thanks

Sorry, you'll never get another serious answer in the Lounge ever again. FOTS has a support group, send him a PM.

SpeakerForTheDead
07-30-2006, 02:14 PM
You might have to wear like 12 or 13 layers.

popperbolt*
07-30-2006, 02:19 PM
You may have to shave that back!

Jumbo*
07-30-2006, 02:22 PM
You may have to shave that back!

I dont have any hair on it

kingbrath
07-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Ok, im not in bad shape at all, im pretty skinny really. But if i stand outside in the heat for like 10 minutes i start to sweat like crazy, face, back, chest etc. Is there something i can do to prevent this or something i can stop doing to prevent this? I drink a lot of beer this summer if that means anything.

It really sucks cuz like if im with a girl and im sitting in her car my back sometimes gets all sweaty and when i get out of the car my whole back is like dripping in sweat and it shows on my shirt, it looks really bad.

plz help. thanks

:biglaugh: AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Blades of Glory
07-30-2006, 03:36 PM
You could take a shower once in a while. I hear those do wonders for looking and smelling good.

Rover*
07-30-2006, 03:37 PM
Get your dad to sue god for giving you sweaty genes.

Dakota Sioux
07-30-2006, 03:54 PM
I sweat like a pig myself,I just deal with it.Google perspiration once and there is some kind of surgery you can do to eliminate it.I'm sure it's not cheap though.

Roughneck
07-30-2006, 03:54 PM
Get your dad to sue the doctors.

I'd say get him to sue the mother.

klingsor
07-30-2006, 03:55 PM
1) Drastically reduce your fluid intake.
2) Take a diuretic.
3) Steam bath or sauna.

You'll be sufficiently dehydrated to reduce perspiration.

I wouldn't recommend it, though. Hell on your kidneys.

Perspiration may be embarrassing, but retarding it is unhealthy.

Verbal Kint*
07-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Clearly your levels of testosterone are far too high.

I'd reccomend amputating a testicle, possibly two if the problem is as bad as you describe it.

Transplanted Caper
07-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Clearly your levels of testosterone are far too high.

I'd reccomend amputating a testicle, possibly two if the problem is as bad as you describe it.

Or conversley, try out for the Tour De France

Bring Back Bucky
07-30-2006, 05:03 PM
You could always Whip it OUt

IceKatsRHot
07-30-2006, 05:31 PM
Drive as fast as you can with the windows open and off the nearest cliff.

DevilFisch
07-30-2006, 05:56 PM
Go to your local sports store and buy a bunch of shirts that absorb perspiration.

Or just embrace your inner Patrick Ewing and just sweat it out.

inthewings
07-30-2006, 10:52 PM
I've come to the conclusion that Sensfan34567 is in fact the reincarnation of Random Ryan. Think about it, they're both Ottawa fans, and both ridiculed without mercy by the entire community of HFboards. Coincidence?....................... Methinks not.

Transplanted Caper
07-30-2006, 10:57 PM
I've come to the conclusion that Sensfan34567 is in fact the reincarnation of Random Ryan. Think about it, they're both Ottawa fans, and both ridiculed without mercy by the entire community of HFboards. Coincidence?....................... Methinks not.

RR wouldnt be able to come up with that car bit. The Freak is a punk *** teenager, RR seemed more differently abled.

Jumbo*
07-30-2006, 10:59 PM
Go to your local sports store and buy a bunch of shirts that absorb perspiration.

Or just embrace your inner Patrick Ewing and just sweat it out.

Ive looked for those types of shirts online just now but i dont know what kind absorbe perspiration or not, can you show me an example online if u can find one?

Scoogs
07-30-2006, 11:08 PM
Witty response #8: Stop landing yourself in court.

Hmm.. That wasn't that good..

... Don't be stupid.

66-29-33
07-30-2006, 11:09 PM
Go aska doctor then waste all this time with people not being serious to your problem, there you will get what you wanna know.

saba
07-30-2006, 11:17 PM
Ok I sweat alot as well. For those date nights or business days a wife beater is essential under your sport or dress shirt. Weat lighter fabrics that have good venting. REI and other stores have shirts like ExOfficio, Patagonia,etc...that have venting and moisture wicking material built into the shirts. Finally stop living under your air conditioning. I bet you sweat when going from a cool apartment to the outside. I have started sleeping with no air on at night or out in the car. It really helps to have your hypothalamic neurons adjusted to a higher core temp. Ever wonder why some people drink hot drinks on a cool day?

HF-Addict
07-30-2006, 11:25 PM
I too have that problem, you learn to deal with it. I don't even care all that much anymore, I sweat a lot and I'm skinny, from what I heard, sweating is healthy, and the mroe you sweat while doing a sport, the better it is, you can run longer etc..
So I'm fine with it.

Here are some tricks I use though.... Yes putting another T-Shirt under do wonders, at least it works for me, tougher during summer when it's damn hot though ;). Get a good deo antiperspirant(?). Another thing, the best, just accept it. I have noticed that when I used to care if other people noticed, and worrying etc. It just gets worse. Good luck with that.

HF-Addict
07-30-2006, 11:27 PM
Finally stop living under your air conditioning. I bet you sweat when going from a cool apartment to the outside. I have started sleeping with no air on at night or out in the car. It really helps to have your hypothalamic neurons adjusted to a higher core temp. Ever wonder why some people drink hot drinks on a cool day?

Great advice

Stefan
07-31-2006, 04:51 AM
Ive looked for those types of shirts online just now but i dont know what kind absorbe perspiration or not, can you show me an example online if u can find one?

I know Underarmour's fantastic, I wear it under my reffing gear and it's done me wonders. The problem with reffing is I'm on the ice for 3-4 hours at a time, so I'm not sweating quite as much as when playing... but it's continuous for such a long time, so I used to get a rash. I know I sound like an infomercial here, but Underarmour has made me happier - AND the girlfriend ;)

But then I ponied up and spent the 80 bucks or whatever for a long sleeve Underarmour shirt and the compression shorts. Not only are they like a second skin they're so comfortable, the sweat almost goes through the shirt. They do have a short-sleeved option for like 40-50 bucks, and I'd recommend giving it a shot. They sell at SportCheck.

Hope this helps, sorry for not posting something funny guys and gals.

gamera
07-31-2006, 06:17 AM
caffeine can cause excess sweating, so you may wish to limit your caffeine intake

just a thought

best of luck to you

DisgruntledHawkFan
07-31-2006, 07:04 AM
Murder suicide is good. Make sure to take a fellow male member of the family out with you.

MassiveHabs
07-31-2006, 07:23 AM
I have the same problem, except I am...well Massive, and I just dont worry aboot it...I wear and undershirt and it helps to cut back on the "leakage" and also shower at least twice a day during the summer...god damn I wasn't built to live in 100 plus weather tho

PolishBingo
07-31-2006, 07:44 AM
Doesn't alcohol cause extra perspiration? If you don't want to sweat, then stay indoors until November. There is nothing you can do to stop it.

SpeakerForTheDead
07-31-2006, 04:07 PM
cover yourself from head to toe in ice whenever you leave your house.