Yotes vs Avs

vsmith
11-13-2003, 10:02 PM
Those who watched the game, please tell how was it! ;)

hbk
11-14-2003, 04:38 AM
Those who watched the game, please tell how was it! ;)

sort of listened to most of the game but Burke held us in the game until the 3rd. Once we started scoring we absolutely dominated the Avalanche. It was actually quite surprising to see our squad skate circles around the Avalanche players and create scoring chance after scoring chance. Nagy was an absolute force. Doan looked like he was willing his presence to the front of the net. Based on the last ten minutes you would have thought Phoenix was favored to win the cup and the Avalanche wasn't going to make the playoffs.

just to comment on the Avalanche. They had Sauve in net. He's young but doesn't seem to have the confidence of his team yet. He's partially responsible for that first Coyote goal by overplaying the puck for his d man. He got lucky on a wraparound by Nagy. Sauve played like a rookie netminder. Likely has good things in front of him but he could be a playoff liability for this season. If anything these last two contests between the Avs and Coyotes have served as a notice to Avalanche management that Burke is capable of playing big against powerhouse teams, their goaltending has question marks, and they may have changes to make on their coaching (you have to wonder about the coaching when the team is dominated by a lowly playoff hopeful like the Coyotes).

hbk
11-14-2003, 04:39 AM
sort of listened to most of the game but Burke held us in the game until the 3rd. Once we started scoring we absolutely dominated the Avalanche. It was actually quite surprising to see our squad skate circles around the Avalanche players and create scoring chance after scoring chance. Nagy was an absolute force. Doan looked like he was willing his presence to the front of the net. Based on the last ten minutes you would have thought Phoenix was favored to win the cup and the Avalanche wasn't going to make the playoffs.

just to comment on the Avalanche. They had Sauve in net. He's young but doesn't seem to have the confidence of his team yet. He's partially responsible for that first Coyote goal by overplaying the puck for his d man. He got lucky on a wraparound by Nagy. Sauve played like a rookie netminder. Likely has good things in front of him but he could be a playoff liability for this season. If anything these last two contests between the Avs and Coyotes have served as a notice to Avalanche management that Burke is capable of playing big against powerhouse teams, their goaltending has question marks, and they may have changes to make on their coaching (you have to wonder about the coaching when the team is dominated by a lowly playoff hopeful like the Coyotes).

i had to ask this. what's up with the bobblehead head nod by Radivojevic when he scores. Is his nickname "bobblehad" or something. I guess it is easier to say than Radivojevic.

vsmith
11-14-2003, 07:39 AM
i had to ask this. what's up with the bobblehead head nod by Radivojevic when he scores. Is his nickname "bobblehad" or something. I guess it is easier to say than Radivojevic.

depends :) for me it's way easier to say radivojevic than bobblehead (whatever it is :) )