Convert

_Del_
11-14-2003, 05:33 PM
I'm officially a Suchy convert. That's right -- long time critic and advocate of moving Suchy (our 6-7 dman) -- who knew....

Has really showed some great play this season... (and yes I still think he'd make a good winger ;) )

PhoPhan
11-14-2003, 05:52 PM
I'm officially a Suchy convert. That's right -- long time critic and advocate of moving Suchy (our 6-7 dman) -- who knew....

Has really showed some great play this season... (and yes I still think he'd make a good winger ;) )

I'm on the wagon too. He has been my scapegoat, and the guy I wanted to trade for a while. I am glad he stuck around. Also looks like Branko has been playing well with his new minutes. Maybe he'll stick around up there when Johnson gets back, which would be awesome to spread out Johnson's ability.

hbk
11-14-2003, 06:16 PM
caught the last period and the overtime again tonight. I have to say I love watching this type of young, hungry team. Radivojevic has to quit with the bobblehead head bob thing he does. Boucher played well. I would have liked for him to stop that DiMiao shot but he made up for it with that poke check with three minutes left in the game.

_Del_
11-14-2003, 06:45 PM
caught the last period and the overtime again tonight. I have to say I love watching this type of young, hungry team. Radivojevic has to quit with the bobblehead head bob thing he does. Boucher played well. I would have liked for him to stop that DiMiao shot but he made up for it with that poke check with three minutes left in the game.

I thought the DiMiao shot was weak too, but then I saw it from a different angle, and it was a well placed shot.... saveable, perhaps, but a well placed (or lucky) shot, nonetheless....
I thought Boucher played pretty sharply, but I hate it when he strays from the net... he doesn't skate or stickhandle well enough to do it...

Stronso
11-14-2003, 06:52 PM
I thought the DiMiao shot was weak too, but then I saw it from a different angle, and it was a well placed shot.... saveable, perhaps, but a well placed (or lucky) shot, nonetheless....
I thought Boucher played pretty sharply, but I hate it when he strays from the net... he doesn't skate or stickhandle well enough to do it...

At least he wasn't as boneheaded as Turco going to the blueline!!

Good job Yotes - good game Boosh - onto CLB!! :handclap: :yo:

XX
11-14-2003, 09:19 PM
At least he wasn't as boneheaded as Turco going to the blueline!!

Good job Yotes - good game Boosh - onto CLB!! :handclap: :yo:

dont take it out of context, afterall

Gratton did miss the wide open net :D

hbk
11-15-2003, 04:11 AM
i might be alone but I've been very impressed with Gratton as of late. His size down the middle is something this club desperately needed. He's not going to be a 30/30 guy but he could be a 20/20 guy. Not bad for your third line center.

CoyoteBaloney
11-15-2003, 07:42 AM
i might be alone but I've been very impressed with Gratton as of late. His size down the middle is something this club desperately needed. He's not going to be a 30/30 guy but he could be a 20/20 guy. Not bad for your third line center.
You are not alone. Gratton has played a good 2-way game helping out on defense and hustling into the offensive zone. Offensive production is not there, but his 2-way game has been good. Hopefully, the production will come.

I would also place Savage in the same category -- not his 2-way game, but he has been creating a few scoring chances each game and has been playing well offensively.

Waldo
11-15-2003, 08:09 AM
When Boosh was given the start I was already expecting a loss. This was a very big point they picked up. Now if they can pull off a win against CBJ on Sunday they will once again be at .500. Looks to me like this team has put everything together, developed some chemistry, and has some confidence in each other. I'm impressed that they have the depth to withstand Johnson's injury and still put good lines together. Cleary fits in well with Langkow and Doaner, and Branko has stepped it up. It now looks like we have a solid defense with Suchy and Hulse playing so well, and Spiller looks like he belongs in the NHL. It's also nice to see Boosh play well. Now the important thing is to get over .500 and stay there. The Coyotes remain in the hunt for a playoff spot. This team has developed some chemistry and we can resume being optimistic homers once again.

ulf
11-15-2003, 02:13 PM
it was especially nice to see the team play with heart in front of booch,and not to quit on the shorthanded goal that was soft.

CoyoteBaloney
11-15-2003, 05:18 PM
it was especially nice to see the team play with heart in front of booch,and not to quit on the shorthanded goal that was soft.
Yeah, Boucher should have stopped that goal -- but then again, the PP should not have given up that break down the boards for DiMio to get such a shot on Boucher either. It works both ways.

Regardless, Boucher kept the Coyotes in that game until their scorers woke up.

Stunned
11-16-2003, 07:50 AM
I'm with you _Del_ on the winger comment :yo:.

I'm curious: since I haven't followed the league nearly as long or in near the depth that some (most?) of you have, are there examples of players who entered the league at one end of the ice (i.e., d-man or o-man) and actually switched to the opposite end of the ice full time?

(and this may be futile, but just to fend off criticism, in no way do I believe the team would ever actually move Suchy full time. It's just an interesting idea to me...)

PhoPhan
11-16-2003, 08:57 AM
I'm with you _Del_ on the winger comment :yo:.

I'm curious: since I haven't followed the league nearly as long or in near the depth that some (most?) of you have, are there examples of players who entered the league at one end of the ice (i.e., d-man or o-man) and actually switched to the opposite end of the ice full time?

(and this may be futile, but just to fend off criticism, in no way do I believe the team would ever actually move Suchy full time. It's just an interesting idea to me...)

Wendel Clark is one of the most famous examples, and Mathieu Dandenault is one of the more recent ones.

Gwyddbwyll
11-16-2003, 09:22 AM
Sergei Fedorov is another famous one..

Paul Laus, Joey Tetarenko, Ben Clymer.. Carolina tried David Tanabe as a forward too last season apparently but the switch wasnt "full time" I guess.. there are probably more