GDT: vs Penguins

justapantherfan
11-15-2003, 07:08 AM
Well I hope this dosen't go down like the Jersey series has gone. I am very optimistic that we are going to take one out of Pittsburgh.

Well hopefully with the new call up of Nedorost we will get a spark from us and win.

Clash*
11-15-2003, 07:14 AM
Pittsburgh is missin two of their top offensive guys in Mario and Rico Fata right now, We're only missin Kozlov, whose absence was somewhat replaced with Weiss, and now possibly Nedorost. Good possibilities there. With us missin Darcy, I can see Orpik or someone else possibly takin liberties tho with our top guys. Hence why Wiemer would have been a nice addition.

PanthersRule96
11-15-2003, 07:41 AM
I predict Fla to win 4-2. Pitts goals from Morozov and Koltsov. Fla goals from Nedorost, Huselius, Jokinen, and Bouwmeester. I really went out on a limb here but I also predict Weiss getting a couple assists.

Beiers
11-15-2003, 09:26 AM
Were probably gonna rest Luongo right? Save him for the big matchup Vs. ATL?

Heimy
11-15-2003, 10:45 AM
Were probably gonna rest Luongo right? Save him for the big matchup Vs. ATL?

That's what I was thinking Beiers. Not a knock against the Pens but they're a little banged up too and besides, Dudley did say Shields would get some action. This looks like the right type of game to start him.

Thereisnoway
11-15-2003, 03:08 PM
so who's in net?

m2k2p
11-15-2003, 03:52 PM
so who's in net?

Luongo. Shields will likely start tommorow

m2k2p
11-15-2003, 03:59 PM
starting lines tonight

Hagman-Jokinen-Horton
Huselius-Weiss-Bure
Nilson-Nederost-Bednar
Messier-MacDonald-Samuelsson

Defensive Pairings

Bouwmeester-Trnka
Van Ryn-Mezei
Rossiter-Odelein

Thewbacca
11-15-2003, 04:16 PM
Rossiter has a nice flagrant crosscheck and Luongo is playing because Shields plays pritty good against Atlanta.

m2k2p
11-15-2003, 04:37 PM
Rossiter has a nice flagrant crosscheck and Luongo is playing because Shields plays pritty good against Atlanta.

yeah good point, he played very well in our victory there earlier this season.

Coolburn
11-15-2003, 05:15 PM
That 2nd line is playing better and better. And Huselius breaks his goal scoring slump finally. Val shows why his last name is Bure on his goal. We haven't really dominated in the game but its just whats on the scoreboard that matters I suppose.

m2k2p
11-15-2003, 05:20 PM
That 2nd line is playing better and better. And Huselius breaks his goal scoring slump finally. Val shows why his last name is Bure on his goal. We haven't really dominated in the game but its just whats on the scoreboard that matters I suppose.

Yeah the 2nd line is playing great. I think the Panthers need to gain control of the puck more in the 3rd and preserve a shutout for Luongo who is playing excellent. Horton is looking good with Jokinen and Hagman, he missed that open net though on a great pass from Olli.

m2k2p
11-15-2003, 06:00 PM
Luongo saved our ass tonight. Penguins totally outplayed us and controlled the puck.

Thewbacca
11-15-2003, 06:06 PM
I don't understand what the hell Jokinen was thinking when he high sticked that guy when he was down. It looked pritty intentional and I just hope he gets himself in check being that he is the captain.

m2k2p
11-15-2003, 06:12 PM
I don't understand what the hell Jokinen was thinking when he high sticked that guy when he was down. It looked pritty intentional and I just hope he gets himself in check being that he is the captain.

Yeah I don't know what Jokinen was thinking there, maybe he did'nt realize Malone(I think that is who it was) slipped to his knees. Either way he has to keep himself together because that 5 on 3 let them get back into the game.

Takkie
11-16-2003, 03:45 AM
did you see that sweet set up Olli gave to Horts?
if that had been, say Kozlov, or even Some like Huselius or Bure, that's probably a goal.
and the captaincy has brought out a scrappier side to him too, he's always standing up for his teamates, and seems always ready to fight.
i , at first had some doubts about giving Olli the Captaincy because i was afraid of the adverse effects of all the pressure placed on captains. but he seems to have fit into his new captaincy quite well.

PanthersRule96
11-16-2003, 10:26 AM
I predict Fla to win 4-2. Pitts goals from Morozov and Koltsov. Fla goals from Nedorost, Huselius, Jokinen, and Bouwmeester. I really went out on a limb here but I also predict Weiss getting a couple assists.

Geez. When I was watching last night and Jokinen and Huselius scored our first two, I was like wholly crap. It could have been 4-2 if we had hit the empty net or Horton score.