Patrick Yetman

Bring Back Krajicek*
08-24-2006, 03:47 PM
What can you tell me about Patrick Yetman, it's rumoured that he's looking to sign with the Canucks. Is he an AHL player or does he have the potential to one day play in the NHL? I know he played in Norway the last year, does anybody have any sort of scouting report on him? Thanks in advance!

Redwingsfan
08-25-2006, 10:34 AM
he totally tore up the norwegian league. he played better then players like scott hartnell, marc bell and marc chouinard. and they are regulars in the nhl. he had 42 goals and 26 assists in 42 games. hi's shot is just amazing. good skating and looks very strong. he is not great defenceively but he is not bad either. i think the canucks will have a very good player if they sign him. could make the roster this season.

Bring Back Krajicek*
08-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Awesome, thanks! :)

Rmac22
08-28-2006, 08:22 AM
He played his junior with the Moncton Wildcats. He is a bit on the smaller side, but he was amazing when he played here. No one expected him to do much but in his last year he put up over 100 points.
I find he plays similar to (Bruins Prospect) Brad Marchand.

ktf
08-29-2006, 04:27 PM
I doubt he makes any impact at the nhl level, if they do sign him he would probably put up reasonalbe numbers in manitoba or worse come to worse get sent to victoria of the echl... i could see him play then. he may have torn up normal last year but looking at his career stats
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=43843
hes averaged less then a point per game in the echl, half a point per game in the ahl and just over a point in the german 2nd division. no offense to the norwegian league but this is no different then taking the top scorer from the central hockey league and trying to get him to make an impact in the nhl, it wont happen.

Redwingsfan
08-29-2006, 09:36 PM
no offense to the norwegian league but this is no different then taking the top scorer from the central hockey league and trying to get him to make an impact in the nhl, it wont happen.

and i suppose you have seen a lot of games from the norwegian league:biglaugh:
the norwegian league is way better then the chl. maybe even better then the echl.

Fish
08-29-2006, 10:32 PM
The only thing I can go on is his time with the Pack a few years ago. At that stage he didn't look like an NHLer in the making, and looked like he might struggle to be an impact player at the AHL level. He was small, and while he did posess some offensive ability, it just didn't seem as if it would be good enough to make an impact.

The new rules will certainly benefit him, but I still think he might be a bit of a stretch to be a top performer in the AHL let alone an NHL player.

Jedda
08-30-2006, 08:28 AM
the norwegian league is way better then the chl. maybe even better then the echl.

:biglaugh:

ktf
08-30-2006, 02:16 PM

haha no i havent but im 100% sure the echl is better then the norwegian league:teach: , i hope for its own sake that it is at least a little better then the central league... which is the 4th tier of pro hockey in north america. but every player in the echl pretty much has 2-4 years major jr or 4 years div 1 hockey, and many have played in europe and put up solid numbers, its a solid league... if this was a thread about a a top scorer from sweden finland russia, czech, germany id expect something from him, even if it was a 4th linbe role but norway...:biglaugh:

Redwingsfan
09-03-2006, 10:27 AM
nice to see that you know so much about the norwegian league. one player we have. lars peder nagel had more ppg in the echl then in norway. and the norwegian league is very offensive.

SchwenningerWildWing
09-04-2006, 08:09 AM
I saw him a couple of games in Kaufbeuren (German 2nd division) and he was a fast player with a good shot, I really was impressed at that time but I don't think he makes the NHL nor does he comes close to it.

Pellegrino
12-25-2007, 06:42 AM
Yetman has been better than most people expected for MODO (SEL) this season.

13 points (6+7) in 18 games is very good, specially considering MODO as a team have been very mediocre, due to various reasons (for example injuries).

I've seen him 4-5 games this season and he seems to be a very good offensive player. Technically gifted player, soft hands, smart passes, good shot and better than average skating.

I really doubt he'll ever make it to the NHL, but he will probably be a star in european hockey for many years, like for example Nick Angell. Both are impressive players on SEL level, but not really among the very best in the league.

SirKillalot
03-01-2008, 08:06 PM
14. Per-Åge Skröder MODO RW 48 21 16 125 1 18:10 37
38. Patrick Yetman MODO RW 35 11 19 24 -1 16:13 30

Yetman did good, so did Skröder:handclap: