Nov. 15th GDT- Blues vs. Kings

LuckyLUC20
11-15-2003, 08:43 AM
http://nhl.speedera.net/img/team/stl_comp.gif http://nhl.speedera.net/img/team/los_comp.gif

St. Louis Blues (10-3-0-1) vs. Los Angeles Kings (8-5-1-1)

The Kings and Blues will meet at Staples Center for a 1:00 PM (pacific time) vintage game classic. Kings will wear their purple and gold jerseys from the 80-81 season. Kings are 3-4-1 at home this season and will try to improve their record to .500 today against the Blues. The Blues are 8-2-3 in the last 13 games played at Los Angeles.

Leading scorer for the Blues: Pavol Demitra- 15 points

Leading scorer for the Kings: Zigmund Palffy- 22 points.

Both Keith Tkachuk and Doug Weight will not play because of suspensions. Blues are also without Al MacInnis.

Jason Allison, Adam Deadmarsh, Jozef Stumpel are still out for the Kings.

My prediction: Kings 2 Blues 2... Time for Dustin Brown to score his first goal ever... come on, Brownie!!!

David A. Rainer
11-15-2003, 09:17 AM
Don't have much time because I'm on my way there, so I'll make it short and sweet: Blues 10, Kings -2. That's right, -2. The Kings will suck so bad that there will be a sucking sound coming from the opposition's goal - the sound of points being taken off the board!

punchy1
11-15-2003, 10:16 AM
I believe that this will be our best test of the early season. After that terrible let down against the Leafs I feel that we will be hunting for bear. The Blues being short of their top two forwards and thier best defenceman puts them about we we are on the overall depth chart and I feel that we could certainly see two teams evenly matched throw a cracking good game.

For those of you going have a lager for me and yell "Go Kings Go" for those of us who can't make it.

Best of all, have a ripper!

Go Kings Go!

(oh, and I see your 10-2 Mr Death and raise you. Blues 14 Kings nill!)

MOOSE55
11-15-2003, 11:54 AM
with Tkachuk,Weight, and MacInnis out I'm gonna say 3-2 kings

Sydor25
11-15-2003, 12:09 PM
I want to see a Kings win, but the Blues give us trouble no matter who is playing. Plus St. Louis is 6th in the league on the PowerPlay.

No prediction today. :)

guzmania
11-15-2003, 12:09 PM
Predict: 4-2 (en)Blues...Kings in the game all afternoon...Refs fail to control the game again...Kings remain the most disrespected team in the league...Luc and Pirnes.

LuckyLUC20
11-15-2003, 12:12 PM
those uniforms are looking SHARP!

Sydor25
11-15-2003, 12:36 PM
Demitra

1-0 Blues

Another terrible goal given up by Cechmanek. :mad:

LuckyLUC20
11-15-2003, 12:47 PM
That puck was bouncing... ugh, I hate bouncing pucks. It was from a bad angle. Demitra knew where to put it... that was a sweet shot.

Face Wash
11-15-2003, 12:53 PM
Demitra

1-0 Blues

Another terrible goal given up by Cechmanek. :mad:

yup.

Sydor25
11-15-2003, 01:21 PM
Frolov just limped to the dressing room. Hope it isn't serious. :(

It isn't. He's back on the ice. :handclap:

LuckyLUC20
11-15-2003, 01:34 PM
I took a huge sigh of relief when I saw Fro back on the ice. WHEW!

Face Wash
11-15-2003, 02:18 PM
Bad ice and another soft goal... and the Kings still only lost 1-0. But eventually, Roman's poor play was going to cost the Kings all two points. :teach: I'd like to see him use Huet a bit more...

Sydor25
11-15-2003, 02:19 PM
That game was BORING. I hate these afternoon games. It should be 0-0 going into overtime, but nope, Checmanek gives up another soft game winning goal. :mad:

willie
11-15-2003, 02:23 PM
That game was BORING. I hate these afternoon games. It should be 0-0 going into overtime, but nope, Checmanek gives up another soft game winning goal. :mad:

When your goaltender only allows 1 goal, regardless of how soft it was, you should win the hockey game. End of story.

The LA Kings lost this game. Not just Roman Cechmanek.

Face Wash
11-15-2003, 02:30 PM
When your goaltender only allows 1 goal, regardless of how soft it was, you should win the hockey game. End of story.

The LA Kings lost this game. Not just Roman Cechmanek.

It was a team loss... no doubt... but when you look at how well the Kings played defensively and you look at the goal that was let in... you have to wonder... :dunno:

Afternoon games the day after a Laker Night game... The Ice is bad enough at Staples... that only makes it worse...

guzmania
11-15-2003, 02:44 PM
I'm sorry in advance if it is interpreted as whining, but why is it that we get the marginal interference penalty with 3 minutes left in a 1 goal game. Then to add insult to injury Pronger on the very next play makes a play that could be used to define interference and we get the swallowed whistle. Did Armstrong get slashed at the end? How did Miller's stick get broken on the Blues goal? Did we get elbows all through the game? I don't think that we had a truly superior effort but at the same time it gets hard to mount an attack when you'll get slashed, hacked, tripped, elbowed, or grabbed without the benefit of a call. Blues got 3 penaties the Kings got 5. There is no doubt in my mind that we played the less aggressive game and were penalized more. End of rant.

:mad: :cry: :(

Sydor25
11-15-2003, 02:54 PM
I think that the Blues played the perfect road game. They knew they were missing some of their offensive stars and that the ice would be bad. They just played a great positional game. Kept the Kings to the outside and when the Kings got to the middle, they blocked the shot.

Kings didn't have any kind of jump today. The Army-Luc-Ziggy played a very poor game, Ziggy actually looked slow today. Not a terrible game, but nothing special.

Also, I never said that Cechmanek was the reason the Kings lost, I was just pointing out that another game winning goal against the Kings was a "soft" goal. These goals need to end. I don't care if the Kings are winning 7-0, you can't allow a goal from that angle to be played off your shoulder. The play off the goalies skates isn't as bad, but the shoulder? He needs to be against the near post when a player is behind the net and skating to the front.

And the Refs blow. :D

LuckyLUC20
11-15-2003, 03:14 PM
I was hoping the Kings could atleast tie it at the end. I hope Army isn't hurt... Bob Miller and Jim Fox said that it looked like Army said he broke his finger. Please no... who do we have to replace him?

This is a never-ending horror story.

David A. Rainer
11-15-2003, 03:58 PM
I just got back from the game, and boy was that a boring, no heart effort. Yay, the Kings did well defensively, but it's easy to do that when neither side can get thru the neutral zone. As one HF member said, it was like we were playing the Wild - clog up the neutral zone and don't let the other team make two consecutive passes. It was so lifeless and the Blues were just a little less lifeless (you like that alliteration?!) than the Kings. If the Blues played anyone else in the league today but the Kings, they would have lost. But fortunately for them, they didn't. :(

topshelf331
11-15-2003, 10:46 PM
I havent watched too many kings games this year, and i only got to watch 5min of the first today. But i remember last year or earlier this year hearing the go kings go being shouted. I guess my question is - Is that cartman yelling that? Because thats what it sounds like on tv.

David A. Rainer
11-19-2003, 03:08 PM
I guess my question is - Is that cartman yelling that? Because thats what it sounds like on tv.

Yes. I think every arena has a Cartman sound bite because I've heard it at Colorado and Dallas games also.