How is Messier?

Mack
11-16-2003, 01:22 AM
Hows the little trooper doing in Florida?
i miss him on the Avs :(

m2k2p
11-16-2003, 01:34 AM
Hows the little trooper doing in Florida?
i miss him on the Avs :(

He does his role on the 4th line very well and he has helped our PK a great deal since he got here.

Mack
11-16-2003, 01:41 AM
do you guys miss Worrell?

Jeff Shafer
11-16-2003, 03:33 AM

I don't miss his stupid PTMS and I don't think anyone else does, the only thing I miss about him is the fights.

MoeHowardDavid
11-16-2003, 03:42 AM

Somewhat, Hordichuk replaced him and is a better overall player but watching a big guy like Worrell punish opponents was quite a joy.

I have Jan. 21 circled on the calendar.

missBeezer
11-16-2003, 07:41 AM
I for one miss him and for all reasons. I hope the fans like what they got cause as I said I my be the only one of the fans of the Panthers that miss him, but I sure do.

justapantherfan
11-16-2003, 08:37 AM
Worrell went for surgery, how long is he suppose to be out. We'll he be ready to play when the Avs come here?

PantherBlood6*
11-16-2003, 11:16 PM
I know Messier was noted as a great shot blocker...but I never expected him to be that good. He does a great job on the PK And plays his role well. Nedorost looks pretty skilled too.

I for one don't miss Worrell at all but I was never a Worrell fan to begin with.(stupid PIMS, useless player).

PantherboyHTR
11-17-2003, 11:20 AM
I know Messier was noted as a great shot blocker...but I never expected him to be that good. He does a great job on the PK And plays his role well. Nedorost looks pretty skilled too.

I for one don't miss Worrell at all but I was never a Worrell fan to begin with.(stupid PIMS, useless player).
I have never really seen Messier play much before this season, but I never expected his shot blocking to be this great, he has gotta be at the top of the league for that skill. And it has seem to rub-off on the whole team too, because we really seem to be doing more of that this year.

PanthersRule96
11-17-2003, 06:23 PM
Messier and Nedorost for Worrell and a second.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I still can't stop laughing.

What the he11 was Lacroix smoking when he made that deal?

Nedorost is worth a first rounder IMO and Messier>>>>>>>>Worrell. Who the heck needs even more minutes in the box. At least Hordy can skate.

Heimy
11-17-2003, 06:47 PM
There was a game last year against the Rangers in which Worrell had real value. While arguable, he might have been the best player on either team THAT night. He took 3 players out in one shift and took their entire team totally off of their game. But apart from that one great game, Worrell brought little more than a lot of fights that offered nothing in the way of momentum changes or excitment.

Messier has done more to help this team in his 18 games as a Panther than Worrell did thruout his time here. Messier should make a training video of his penalty killing. It's that good.