Monych and Redenbach

PhoPhan
11-18-2003, 05:49 PM
Just wanted to point out that at this time, Lance and Tyler are tied for 7th in scoring in the WHL with 29 points.

http://whl.ca/stats/statdisplay.php?type=top_scorers&id=0&leagueId=26

These guys could both end up being late round steals.

Kimahri
11-18-2003, 06:47 PM
And Redenbach has a four point night tonight aswell...
http://whl.ca/stats/game-report.php?game_id=27119

Greg
11-18-2003, 06:48 PM
These guys could both end up being late round steals. Monych was taken in the 4th round, while Redenbach was taken in the 3rd. To me, those are not "late round steals." Monych was a good value pick on day 2. Karpan (and the rest of the scouting community) knew he had the skill level, but took a chance on his work ethic and intensity level.

CoyoteBaloney
11-18-2003, 08:37 PM
mid-round steals.

PhoPhan
11-19-2003, 02:52 AM
Monych was taken in the 4th round, while Redenbach was taken in the 3rd. To me, those are not "late round steals." Monych was a good value pick on day 2. Karpan (and the rest of the scouting community) knew he had the skill level, but took a chance on his work ethic and intensity level.

Pardon my sloppy terminology.

Waldo
11-19-2003, 09:57 AM
And Redenbach has a four point night tonight aswell...
http://whl.ca/stats/game-report.php?game_id=27119

In the same game playing for Seatle was Ryan Gibbons who posters have been commenting positively about. He had a goal and an assist. The assist was was the 1st assist on a short handed goal which to me implies that he is fast and mobile enough to play on the PK and of course has the coach's trust in those situations. So it was a good game for Ryan who has been picking up points steadily since coming back from an injury. Draper seems good at finding players in the middle to late rounds.

gibber1600
11-21-2003, 03:22 PM
In the same game playing for Seatle was Ryan Gibbons who posters have been commenting positively about. He had a goal and an assist. The assist was was the 1st assist on a short handed goal which to me implies that he is fast and mobile enough to play on the PK and of course has the coach's trust in those situations. So it was a good game for Ryan who has been picking up points steadily since coming back from an injury. Draper seems good at finding players in the middle to late rounds.
Gibbons has 6 goals in the last 10 games. Was first star in Calgary on the weekend and third star a couple nights later. :handclap:

hbk
11-22-2003, 07:34 AM
you know i never had much hope for last years draft results. when you go without a first or second round pick you have to put a lot of faith into your scouting staff. My initial response was this could be another 1994 or 1997 which yielded absolutely nothing of significance.

It appears that this year is a little different. prospects have grown both physically and skillfully and we appear to have a couple of guys who are legitimate prospects to contribute at the NHL level. Draper does have a history of finding guys who defy the odds to make it. It's nice to see these type of positive posts. Gibbons could be a huge revelation for this squad.

Big_Mac
11-23-2003, 11:42 AM
Here's my report on Monych from Brandon:

He's got some nice goals and has been playing better but if he wasn't playing on a line with Fehr, Kozak, Dyck or others, he wouldn't get some points. Not to doubt you though, he's having a good year all-around. A improvment from last year

gibber1600
11-23-2003, 08:10 PM
Here's my report on Monych from Brandon:

He's got some nice goals and has been playing better but if he wasn't playing on a line with Fehr, Kozak, Dyck or others, he wouldn't get some points. Not to doubt you though, he's having a good year all-around. A improvment from last year
You are right. Points don't always tell the true story of what kind of player they are or how they contribute to their teams.