Taaaaaaaaaaaffe

PhoPhan
11-19-2003, 06:30 PM
And Jeff Taffe scores a goal in his first game of the season. How has he looked otherwise?

Hordichuk_24
11-19-2003, 06:41 PM
Pretty good. He deserves a roster spot over half the team, IMO.

XX
11-19-2003, 07:54 PM
And Jeff Taffe scores a goal in his first game of the season. How has he looked otherwise?

It was a damn amazing shot, it will be on the highlights for sure. Demitra would have a hard time smoking one that well.

LT
11-19-2003, 07:55 PM
I was impressed, thought he had a great game. Hope he keeps it up and earns a spot.

Spiller seemed to struggle tonight but I'll take that because he's going to be a great d-man for this team. He reminds me so much of Scott Stevens, I know it's early but I think in a couple years the Yotes will be very pleased with this guy.

Morris Lukowich
11-19-2003, 08:21 PM
That was a howitzer by Taffe.

Official stats attribute him with 1 shot but I saw atleast 3.

He went to the net which was great.

Too bad Nagy wasn't accustomed to it for the first two periods they looked better in the third.

Cleary, Nash, and Wison had a hella game tonight.

Big win over an 11-4 team.

Unbeaten in 6....
Has phoenix turned a corner? Are we hungry?

Nagy17
11-19-2003, 09:03 PM
what a game! Taffe sure ripped it, one timed a very quick pass thru the slot and rifled it home. kick started the rest of the team too. Doan was a monster, his scoring touch has greatly improved, he basically carried the team the rest of the way. Could he be finally breaking out into that upper tier of power forwards? hope so.

agree that Cleary also looked very good, set up a lot of chances and was always getting to the loose pucks first. looked a step ahead of many blues defensemen. although they looked pretty sluggish, especially Pronger, weird.

Pretty sure kolanos was centering Nagy's line 1st and 2nd period and then Francis put Taffe on it for the 3rd. which was a good thing cause kolanos didnt look good at all.

ulf
11-19-2003, 09:13 PM
this was not one i was expecting much from

blues have been very good all year and we took em 5-4

if spiller can stay up why not taffe?

cleary can be a big part of this team if he gets his confidence rolling.

langkow sure seems to bring the best out in his wingers

awesome goaltending would certainly get this team to the next level

CoyoteBaloney
11-20-2003, 06:11 AM
Great shot. Very good positioning without the puck. Brilliant pass by Suchy.

Taffe even played acceptable defense -- which is better then most. His back checking forced the turnover that gave us the puck which lead to the GWG.

I am with hordichuk_24 on this, Taffe needs to stay with the club. What he has to learn won't be taught at the AHL level.

Hordichuk_24
11-20-2003, 01:34 PM
I am with hordichuk_24 on this, Taffe needs to stay with the club. What he has to learn won't be taught at the AHL level.

Now this DOES NOT happen very often, LOL. So in this case it must be true. If we both agree on it. :p

CoyoteBaloney
11-20-2003, 04:43 PM
Now this DOES NOT happen very often, LOL. So in this case it must be true. If we both agree on it. :p
What can I say ... you've finally learned ... now about your views on fighting .....................

Hordichuk_24
11-20-2003, 07:20 PM
What can I say ... you've finally learned ... now about your views on fighting .....................

LOL. Maybe you have finally learned?? What am I thinking? That would be too much to ask... :lol: :joker:

CoyoteBaloney
11-20-2003, 08:23 PM
LOL. Maybe you have finally learned?? What am I thinking? That would be too much to ask... :lol: :joker:
Learn something over a 2nd time? I don't think so. Obviously you have learned grasshopper. Now once you change your views on fighting you might be able to snatch the pebble from my hand.

Hordichuk_24
11-20-2003, 08:43 PM
Learn something over a 2nd time? I don't think so. Obviously you have learned grasshopper. Now once you change your views on fighting you might be able to snatch the pebble from my hand.

Well that'll never happen. :D

Why should I change when my view is right? :handclap:

I am just messing with you Tony. Its not like anything I say will change your opinion and vise versa.

Anyway, back to Taffe here. :yo:

CoyoteBaloney
11-20-2003, 09:38 PM
You cannot snatch the pebble from my hand with a fist, Grasshopper. :teach:

You shall be here forever.

Hordichuk_24
11-20-2003, 09:50 PM
You cannot snatch the pebble from my hand with a fist, Grasshopper. :teach:

You shall be here forever.

I don't need to snatch the pebble when I aleady have the boulder. :yo:

Dancing Chicken
11-21-2003, 05:05 AM
:lol:

CoyoteBaloney
11-21-2003, 05:58 AM
I don't need to snatch the pebble when I aleady have the boulder. :yo:
You cannot skate properly while carrying a boulder, grasshopper.

Hordichuk_24
11-21-2003, 10:59 AM
You cannot skate properly while carrying a boulder, grasshopper.

You'd be surprised what I can do. :rolly:

Gwyddbwyll
11-21-2003, 11:16 AM
"Whenever you can get the first goal out of the way, it's nice," said
Taffe, who was leading the Falcons in scoring with 10-6-16 totals in
15 games at the time of his recall. "Radoslav (Suchy) made a great
pass and I think anyone on the team could have scored that one
tonight."

PhoPhan
11-21-2003, 12:33 PM
"Whenever you can get the first goal out of the way, it's nice," said
Taffe, who was leading the Falcons in scoring with 10-6-16 totals in
15 games at the time of his recall. "Radoslav (Suchy) made a great
pass and I think anyone on the team could have scored that one
tonight."

He knows Gratton is on the team, right?

CoyoteBaloney
11-21-2003, 01:57 PM
You'd be surprised what I can do. :rolly:
It takes skill to snatch that pebble. So, if you ever did, you are right. I would be surprised.

Hordichuk_24
11-21-2003, 07:53 PM
It takes skill to snatch that pebble. So, if you ever did, you are right. I would be surprised.

LOL, nice one. :lol: