Are the Twins done?

Ar-too
10-03-2006, 02:31 PM
Now that they've lost with Santana in game 1, is the Twins-A's series over?

Ar-too
10-03-2006, 02:33 PM
I say yes. The pitching matchups the rest of the way really favor the A's. This might be a sweep.

Tuggy
10-03-2006, 02:34 PM
I choose not to vote in this poll. ;)

The Mars Volchenkov
10-03-2006, 02:37 PM
Hardly. The Twins have been able to win down the stretch with pitchers other than Santana, so I don't see why they can't do it now.

Brad Tolliver
10-03-2006, 02:40 PM
They will be if Gardenhire keeps having them do everything to lose the game like they did today.

GKJ
10-03-2006, 02:55 PM
How many times has Oakland blown a 2-0 series lead?

acr*
10-03-2006, 04:49 PM
The A's always do this. Take a commanding lead and blow it.

KH1
10-03-2006, 05:24 PM
Despite the overwhelming evidence that Oakland will just choke again, I am standing by my prediction that the winner of game 1 will coast to victory in this series.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think the Athletics will move on.

vancityluongo
10-03-2006, 06:20 PM
The MVP a.k.a. Justin Morneau will get them back in the series..

How more starts was Santana scheduled for anyways?

USF Shark
10-03-2006, 11:31 PM
I've got a bad feeling about tomorrow's game...Bonser might be lights out, but then the A's get a dead-arm Radke and Mr. Home Run Ball Silva....4 games and it'll be over.

NYYmt62
10-03-2006, 11:44 PM
I think this series is far from over. Neither of these teams are really post-season performers, so it should be interesting to see who comes out of it. The A's lineup and pitching is not so dominant that the Twins cannot come back. And the Twins have more than just Santana- they did win the most competitive division in baseball this season. I think they will come back and pull it out.

HajdukSplit
10-04-2006, 06:26 AM
Yes, Bonser is their game two starter? :shakehead its done, they might win a game but the A's are taking it

Dartmouth 02
10-04-2006, 11:50 AM
That was a huge win. And with Hurt hitting like this, its hard not to say Oak in 4.

Plus, I'm hoping they win so I can see the Yanks beat them in person when I'm out in the Bay Area next week. I can pull off the rare feat of attending Games 1, 2, 3, and 4 of a bi-coastal LCS.

Sturminator
10-04-2006, 03:39 PM
That miss by Torii Hunter will become infamous in Minnesota if the Twins don't come back in this series.

David Puddy
10-04-2006, 04:23 PM
That miss by Torii Hunter will become infamous in Minnesota if the Twins don't come back in this series.I think that you are overstating it a bit. It's not like it let the A's back into the game or the series. The score was tied 2-2 in Game 2 of the dvision series.

It was poor judgement, don't get me wrong. But I don't think it was at such a critical situation like Bill Buchner or Steve Bartman.

Sturminator
10-04-2006, 04:28 PM
I think that you are overstating it a bit. It's not like it let the A's back into the game or the series. The score was tied 2-2 in Game 2 of the dvision series.

It was poor judgement, don't get me wrong. But I don't think it was at such a critical situation like Bill Buchner or Steve Bartman.

I don't think I really overstated it. "Infamous in Minnesota" will probably be about right. It's not Buckner, that's for sure, but it absolutely killed the Twins, who had just fought their way back into the game and clearly had the momentum. I think it will be remembered in a similar way to how A's fans recall the Jeremy Giambi no-slide, although Hunter made an even more eggregious error, if you ask me.

David Puddy
10-04-2006, 04:53 PM
I don't think I really overstated it. "Infamous in Minnesota" will probably be about right. It's not Buckner, that's for sure, but it absolutely killed the Twins, who had just fought their way back into the game and clearly had the momentum. I think it will be remembered in a similar way to how A's fans recall the Jeremy Giambi no-slide, although Hunter made an even more eggregious error, if you ask me.I guess you are right about how Twins fans will look at, but it's not like it saved "defeat from the jaws of victory." The Twins already lost Game 1, and they were only tied at the time. Had Hunter played it on the hope, the A's would have had runners on the corners.

Momentum is a funny thing in baseball because of all the pitchers involved. The two solo home runs were off of Loaiza, and the A's have a really good bullpen. Calero, Duchscherer and Street combined for 4 INN, 2 BB, 1 H and 0 R.

Unholy Diver
10-09-2006, 09:35 AM
I think they might still have a trick up their sleeve