Nilson on the move?

PanthersRule96
11-20-2003, 11:41 AM
According to the SS, Nilson and Novoseltsev could be of interest to the BHawks. Sutter likes Nilson type players and dislikes the skilled Europeans. What we need first and foremost is scoring from players who are not totaly soft.

I would have loved to see Konstantin Glazachev in a panthers jersey as he is skilled and will hit. TOo bad Nash pick him up.

How about to the B Hawks

Nilson, Taticek/Hagman, Novak (assuming he was healthy)

to FLA

Radulov and Vorobiev

I would love to have Radulov and VOrobiev as they are two exceptionally skilled players and Sutter doesn't really like those players. Vorobiev could probably be had relatively cheap as he is not ready for the NHL yet.
Vorobiev sounds like the second coming of Nilson in his profile on HF. He is a hard worker without natural scoring ability and is a slightly above average skater who is not afraid to hit and wins 1 on 1 battles for the puck.
Taticek=Vorobiev
Nilson, Novak=Radulov

THOUGHTS

sting_fan
11-20-2003, 11:50 AM
According to the SS, Nilson and Novoseltsev could be of interest to the BHawks. Sutter likes Nilson type players and dislikes the skilled Europeans. What we need first and foremost is scoring from players who are not totaly soft.

I would have loved to see Konstantin Glazachev in a panthers jersey as he is skilled and will hit. TOo bad Nash pick him up.

How about to the B Hawks

Nilson, Taticek, Trnka

to FLA

Radulov and/or Vorobiev

I would love to have Radulov and VOrobiev as they are two exceptionally skilled players and Sutter doesn't really like those players. Vorobiev could probably be had really cheap as he is not ready for the NHL yet.

Taticek=Vorobiev
Nilson, Trnka=Radulov

I think this is just Russo trying to stir the pot. As posted in another thread, the Chicago scout has been following the Islanders around for the last couple games.

PanthersRule96
11-20-2003, 11:52 AM
I just edited the post but I do agree that Russo is trying to stir the pot. I would love Radulov and Vorobiev at the expense of Nilson, Taticek, Hagman, Shivdki, Sameulsson, Novoseltsev, Cullen, and on a lower note Novak. Pick as you please.

Captain8
11-20-2003, 12:24 PM
I just edited the post but I do agree that Russo is trying to stir the pot. I would love Radulov and Vorobiev at the expense of Nilson, Taticek, Hagman, Shivdki, Sameulsson, Novoseltsev, Cullen, and on a lower note Novak. Pick as you please.

If Pulford and Dudley really had any talks, the Hawks could be asking about someone higher up the depth chart -- like Kozlov or Bure.

Bure because he was coached by Sutter and thrived under him.

Kozlov because he came up through the Sharks org under the eyes of Pulford's son-in-law and confidant, Dean Lombardi, who had to deal Kozlov to Florida because of the latter's troubles with Darryl Sutter. However, Lombardi was a Kozlov supporter.

As for Radulov or Vorobiev, I'm not extremely impressed by either, although I like Radulov a bit better. Vorobiev looked very vanilla during the few times I saw him.

evildreams
11-20-2003, 12:41 PM

i'll do radulov for any 2 of: nilson, novoseltsev, samuelsson, shvidki

PanthersRule96
11-20-2003, 06:24 PM

I wish ED. I'd do Radulov for all 4 plus a pick.

Shvidki will probably receive one last chance in the Big show and if he sticks, we move Sammy but if not, he gets exposed to waivers. Nilson is pathetic IMO. He barely has any offensive skills and although he is a hard worker, his hands are not soft and he has below average speed. Vorobiev is a player similar to Nilson with a little bit more offensive upside. Radulov is a natural goal scorer with blazing speed.

TomHBlain
11-20-2003, 09:14 PM

How about to the B Hawks

Nilson, Taticek/Hagman, Novak (assuming he was healthy)

to FLA

Radulov and Vorobiev

I would love to have Radulov and VOrobiev as they are two exceptionally skilled players and Sutter doesn't really like those players. Vorobiev could probably be had relatively cheap as he is not ready for the NHL yet.
Vorobiev sounds like the second coming of Nilson in his profile on HF. He is a hard worker without natural scoring ability and is a slightly above average skater who is not afraid to hit and wins 1 on 1 battles for the puck.
Taticek=Vorobiev
Nilson, Novak=Radulov

THOUGHTS

from a chicago angle, Vorobiev could definitly be had. He just got sent down to the minors after being unimpressive. Radulov on the other hand is still with the team and can be seen some nights, but invisible on other nights. I think he is held in higher favor by Sutter now.

Both players could probably be had, but I dont know they would trade youth for more youth. I heard rumors about them trying to swing a deal with the Islanders for Parrish/Cairns. They probably have to give up more in that deal, unless NYI is looking to dump salaries. This is the first time I have heard in the Hawk's interest in Panther's players. (actually I wouldn't have minded seeing them make a run at Shvidki when he was exposed).

Now that Smith is gone, I would be suprised to see a trade for a young russian like Novelsetsev, but who knows.

TomHBlain
11-20-2003, 09:19 PM
I wish ED. I'd do Radulov for all 4 plus a pick.

Shvidki will probably receive one last chance in the Big show and if he sticks, we move Sammy but if not, he gets exposed to waivers. Nilson is pathetic IMO. He barely has any offensive skills and although he is a hard worker, his hands are not soft and he has below average speed. Vorobiev is a player similar to Nilson with a little bit more offensive upside. Radulov is a natural goal scorer with blazing speed.

SOLD!

Radulov had a nose for the net that last few games of last year. This year he is 2-5-7 in 19 games, only 3 of those points on the road. A lot of times he doesnt get a shot on net. He is young though (21) so he does have some upside, and maybe in the right system with the right setup man he could acheive 30 goals, but that would be his best season as far as I can tell.

justapantherfan
11-21-2003, 03:11 AM

Agreed. I wouldn't want to get rid of Hagman, he has been holding his own and has been one of our better forwards this year. Anyone of the other 4 I would give up. I wish Novo had hands that would be great with his speed. That kid can fly.

PanthersRule96
11-21-2003, 01:24 PM
With the value dropping and CHi wanting older guys how about

Cullen, Kreps, and Nilson

for

Vorobiev and Radulov