Tigers/Yankees and Pistons/Lakers Parrallels

naihlflames
10-08-2006, 09:00 PM
I am seeing many parrallels with the Tigers/Yankees series this year and Pistons/Lakers series a few years ago.

1. Nationally everyone was saying the Lakers and Yankees would smoke the Pistons and Tigers.

2. The Lakers with Shaq and Kobe were suppose to be unstopable on offense. One of the best duo's ever. The Yankees lineup was called the best ever by many.

3. The Pistons led the league in defense. The Tigers led MLB in era. Neither team was given much of a chance.

4. The Pistons and Tigers smoked the Lakers and Yankees with stiffling defense or pitching that neutralized the high powered offenses.

5. After the series the Lakers imploded and the team was broken up. All sort of rumors are circulating about impeding changes in Yankee land.

Comments ............

Broad st phantom
10-08-2006, 09:23 PM
I see where your coming from and its a good view on things. On a side note I am verry happy the tigers won the series, its about time detroit brung back baseball to the city I'd love to see a Tigers vs Mets world series. It would sicken me to see the Yankees in another WorldSeries, Is there even any excitment for the fans anymore. Its obvious they'll win a W.S. in the next 5 years possibly 2. I mean comon now I come from philadelphia were i still havent seen my teams win a championship, but when we do win one The excitment will be there and it would give the city some life. Cause for us Championships are to come by.

Im def routing for the tigers

naihlflames
10-08-2006, 09:29 PM
I see where your coming from and its a good view on things. On a side note I am verry happy the tigers won the series, its about time detroit brung back baseball to the city I'd love to see a Tigers vs Mets world series. It would sicken me to see the Yankees in another WorldSeries, Is there even any excitment for the fans anymore. Its obvious they'll win a W.S. in the next 5 years possibly 2. I mean comon now I come from philadelphia were i still havent seen my teams win a championship, but when we do win one The excitment will be there and it would give the city some life. Cause for us Championships are to come by.

Im def routing for the tigers

Thanks. I was lucky enough to be at game 4 and Comerica park and the entire city was electric before, during, and after the game.

David Puddy
10-10-2006, 05:31 PM
5. After the series the Lakers imploded and the team was broken up. All sort of rumors are circulating about impeding changes in Yankee land.

Comments ............I doubt that the Yankees will be broken up. They may try to trade A-Rod and let a few older players go, but they will likely be one of the favorites to win the World Series in 2007.

But the rest of your comments are valid regarding the Tigers. They had great pitching, and great pitching beats great hitting.

KH1
10-10-2006, 06:31 PM
The only major difference that I can see is that the Lakers fell apart in large part due to injuries, while the Yankees fell apart pretty much due to general suckiness.

Ironchef Chris Wok*
10-10-2006, 10:28 PM
The Pistons are great defensively. The Tigers have better than league-average defenders at most positions. The Yanks had a bunch of bad defenders on the field

TOML
10-19-2006, 05:30 PM
The Yankees losing made me very happy.

Shove it, ya egotistical ****ers!!