Who's Francis talking about?

vsmith
11-21-2003, 02:43 AM
This is from PHO - SJ preview at Yahoo! Sports:
"I don't mind if you make a mistake, but when it's a conscious mistake?'' Francis said. "We had some guys skate away from the play so they didn't have to assume responsibility. It's becoming repetitious, and it's not going to be tolerated.''

:dunno:

hbk
11-21-2003, 04:48 AM
This is from PHO - SJ preview at Yahoo! Sports:

:dunno:

either Kolanos, Nagy or Gratton.

Kolanos's play has been especially inconsistent this year. I still think he's capable of being our top forward but he's playing scaired.

vsmith
11-21-2003, 05:15 AM
I don't think you can blame Nagy of "repetitious refusal to assume responsibility".

CoyoteBaloney
11-21-2003, 05:53 AM
I would say that Kolanos was the main person of Francis' wrath. I will be a little surprised to see him on the ice tonight.

11-21-2003, 07:25 AM
I would say that Kolanos was the main person of Francis' wrath. I will be a little surprised to see him on the ice tonight.

It's being reported that a great line of Gratton-Kolanos-Wilson will be unveiled tonight...on the 4th line.

Maybe the tide is turning on Gratton already. I have yet to watch the tape of the last game, but I didn't think Gratton had been doing that poorly lately.

vsmith
11-21-2003, 09:50 AM
Ok, let Nazarov play for a little bit. He can score after all, mayhap he's not that useless.
Maybe there's also a point to let Vaananen watch from the pressbox once and let Ference play vs SJ instead... who knows?

Chris L
11-21-2003, 10:31 AM
Ok, let Nazarov play for a little bit. He can score after all, mayhap he's not that useless.
Maybe there's also a point to let Vaananen watch from the pressbox once and let Ference play vs SJ instead... who knows?

Defenseman Brad Ference, who has been a healthy scratch in half of the team's 18 games, will start in place of rookie Matt Spiller

AZ Central (http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyotes/1121yotenotes1121.html)

CoyoteBaloney
11-21-2003, 02:00 PM
SJ Sharks actually have a decent road record ... all 3 of their weins have been on the road. The Coyotes can't take them lightly.

Rumours have Ference on the ice tonight.

The lines are:
Savage/Langkow/Doan
Nagy/Taffe/Radivojevic
Nash/Sillinger/Cleary
Gratton/Kolanos/Wilson

Kolanos has gone from 1st line on Wednesday to 4th line today. Hopefully this wakes him up again. He is becoming another Letowski.

Burke will be between the pipes.

Prediction:
SJ Sharks ... 3
Phx Coyotes ... 5

Ricci scores one but it is reversed because of an illegal nose.

vsmith
11-21-2003, 08:14 PM
after the game
I better not have Ference on ice again. :(

roadrunner
11-21-2003, 10:19 PM
Ricci scores one but it is reversed because of an illegal nose.

:lol: That was mean, but a good one! If only that was true. :(

Kinda glad I didn't see this one...*sigh*