Florida's Enforcer

Samsonites
11-22-2003, 01:37 PM
What is the word on Hordichuk. Is he out 2-4 weeks with a foot injury or someone said 4-6 months.

Will Dudley try to pick up another enforcer?

m2k2p
11-22-2003, 01:50 PM
What is the word on Hordichuk. Is he out 2-4 weeks with a foot injury or someone said 4-6 months.

Grant McNeill was called up, he is supposed to be a nasty enforcer. He and Hordi I heard had a good fight in training camp. Not sure who got the better of that one since I did not see it.

Club301
11-22-2003, 02:40 PM
From what I hear, McNeill was an animal back in the Western League. Hopefully he can intimidate and keep guys from pushing us around. Hordichuk just doesn't seem to scare people like Worrell or Laus did. Hopefully this guy can.

m2k2p
11-22-2003, 03:01 PM
From what I hear, McNeill was an animal back in the Western League. Hopefully he can intimidate and keep guys from pushing us around. Hordichuk just doesn't seem to scare people like Worrell or Laus did. Hopefully this guy can.

Yeah I heard Grant was the nastiest fighter in the WHL and supposedly a good stay-at-home d-man. Yeah Hordi is a better overall player by far than Worrell, but not close to as intimidating. I hope Grant can be a beast out there that makes teams think twice about taking any liberties on our players.

justapantherfan
11-23-2003, 07:06 AM
Grant McNeill was called up, he is supposed to be a nasty enforcer. He and Hordi I heard had a good fight in training camp. Not sure who got the better of that one since I did not see it.

Grant lost. The picture didn't come out to well, as his face was pretty beat up and you can see how bad his hand was. Darcy had some pretty good welts on his face too.

http://www.rink-talk.com/panthers/grant.jpg
http://www.rink-talk.com/panthers/darcy.jpg

justapantherfan
11-23-2003, 07:07 AM

They said 4-6 weeks.

PantherboyHTR
11-23-2003, 05:02 PM
Wasnt it Grant who hopped the bench in SanAn this year to get in a fight? Thats pretty crazy stuff I'd say :yo:

patastrophe
11-24-2003, 12:30 AM
Wasnt it Grant who hopped the bench in SanAn this year to get in a fight? Thats pretty crazy stuff I'd say :yo:

the way i heard it was grant came over the boards on a line change and before the puck was dropped the other guy tried to jump him.

Lauser3*
11-24-2003, 10:12 AM
The player McNeill fought was Dan Jancevski (Dallas property still I believe). They've fought twice so far this season in the AHL.

As for Grant in the NHL; I don't think he's ready yet but with Darcy's loss to injury, we needed a physical presence upfront. I say keep Grant on the 4th line and use him sparingly until he's more comfortable or proves he can do more than just fight (no points in the AHL correct?). I also would put Lyle back on D instead. We need someone tough back there as well since our Defensive Corps is one of (if not the) softest in the league.

Look for Grant McNeill to try his luck with Andrew Peters (23, 6-4, 247) or Eric Boulton (27, 6-0, 224), depending on who plays since Lindy Ruff's been rotating the two of them pretty much. I hope Grant's ready because he hasn't been too impressive in the AHL or in training camp thus far. Big hype for this kid though so let's see what he has to offer. Laters.