ESPN News Rumor with Savage

11-25-2003, 06:33 AM
I didn't see it, but it's being talked about on the trade rumors board. Could we be so lucky to dish off Savage to Boston for a few picks or something, anything? I would imagine Zamuner would be part of the return actually, as he would be a $2 million contract the Bruins would like to lose, and I think he may be a UFA this summer, so it'd be a short term salary save, and a long term save overall.

Dan
11-25-2003, 07:12 AM
I didn't see it, but it's being talked about on the trade rumors board. Could we be so lucky to dish off Savage to Boston for a few picks or something, anything? I would imagine Zamuner would be part of the return actually, as he would be a $2 million contract the Bruins would like to lose, and I think he may be a UFA this summer, so it'd be a short term salary save, and a long term save overall.
If Barnett could pull that off, it would be the second best salary dump of his career next to Pepe. Can we strike gold twice? Let's hope so.

roadrunner
11-25-2003, 09:45 AM
If Barnett could pull that off, it would be the second best salary dump of his career next to Pepe. Can we strike gold twice? Let's hope so.

Aren't the Bruins notoriously...um..."thrifty"? *ahem* CHEAP??

Why would Savage's contract interest them, if that is the case?