O.J. Mayo

USC Trojans
11-15-2006, 09:31 PM
Has anyone seen this guy play? They say he's the next LeBron and has been in the spotlight since the 8th grade.

He just signed with USC today and will most likely play a year before taking off for the NBA. Just want to know what kind of a player he is, and if he is as good as they say he is. He's a 6'5" Point Guard...an area that USC definitely needs help on. Hopefully he can help SC kick some UCLA booty.

Pensfan86
11-16-2006, 12:52 AM
There have been mixed reviews on OJ Mayo. Is he talented, unquestionably, and will definitely make USC a contender if Nick Young sticks around (just imagine that back court!!). The biggest knock on him though is that his progression may have stalled a little and that he is not a complete point guard (doesn't always involve his teammates...which could be good or bad depending on who you talk to). He was ranked tops in his class for nearly his whole life until recently when Michael Beasely and Derrick Rose have leap frogged him. Is he the next Lebron? I wouldn't say so, at least not regarding his impact at the NBA level at a young age. He is like Lebron in that he has been in the spotlight for a number of years. I think he will be a great player at USC though and eventually in the pros. A very nice pickup for the Trojans.

USC Trojans
11-16-2006, 04:12 AM
There have been mixed reviews on OJ Mayo. Is he talented, unquestionably, and will definitely make USC a contender if Nick Young sticks around (just imagine that back court!!). The biggest knock on him though is that his progression may have stalled a little and that he is not a complete point guard (doesn't always involve his teammates...which could be good or bad depending on who you talk to). He was ranked tops in his class for nearly his whole life until recently when Michael Beasely and Derrick Rose have leap frogged him. Is he the next Lebron? I wouldn't say so, at least not regarding his impact at the NBA level at a young age. He is like Lebron in that he has been in the spotlight for a number of years. I think he will be a great player at USC though and eventually in the pros. A very nice pickup for the Trojans.

Cool, thanks!
With the opening of our new basketball arena, and landing one of the top recruits in the country, we hope Coach Floyd could bring the Trojans to prominence. Even if he doesnt pan out, just having a much hyped player would help exposure.

Russian_fanatic
11-16-2006, 10:08 AM
This kid is really good. He reminds me of Dwyane Wade more than Lebron. His frame although reminds me of a Penny Hardaway. I think he can be the next Penny. This kid is good.