Finns in CHL

paul99
11-27-2003, 03:06 AM
Aki Seitsonen is playeing for Prince Albert in CHL. How does he perform?

Any other Finns play in CHL right now?

Korkki
11-27-2003, 04:19 AM
Any other Finns play in CHL right now?
Masi Marjamäki in Moose Jaw (just got traded from Red Deer)
Mikko Kuukka in Red Deer
Joni Lindlof in Kelowna (or is he anymore)

tmoh
11-30-2003, 08:41 AM
There are also two brothers (?) playing in the OHL: Mika "Michael" Tuomi (Barrie Colts) and Niko Tuomi (Guelph Storm), and I've been told that they are Finnish.

jepjepjoo
11-30-2003, 01:36 PM
There are also two brothers (?) playing in the OHL: Mika "Michael" Tuomi (Barrie Colts) and Niko Tuomi (Guelph Storm), and I've been told that they are Finnish.

Never heard of them, but they have Finnish names

Padawan
12-01-2003, 03:26 AM

They have been playing there for years. I think they're parents moved to NA and that's why they have been playing there.

Sabes
12-01-2003, 06:25 AM
From Kyle Woodlief in USA Today:
The most impressive thus far has been Finnish winger Aki Seitsonen, who has been a very pleasant surprise in Prince Albert. A number of NHL scouts asked our impressions of him while RLR was in Slovakia for the recent U-18 tourney there, and we had to say we've been very pleased with what we've seen so far and are moving him way up the list this month. Fits in extremely well with the physical, agitating WHL style of play. Good package of size, puck skills, and grit. Very good passing touch, and looks like a playmaking forward. Isn't afraid of digging in the corners or taking a hit to make a play.

He has 11G 13A 24P in 32 Games. He is tied for 2nd on the team with a +10. He is also used in all situations.