shvidki

zetterberg40
11-28-2003, 03:37 PM
Any news to as when he might get a call up if ever... just wondering how he's doing...

Thewbacca
11-28-2003, 03:50 PM
From the goal Kolnik just scored I would say not anytime soon.

Coolburn
11-28-2003, 03:50 PM
He started out really hot in San Antonio but has since cooled off. No word on when/if he'll get a call-up at this point.

PanthersRule96
11-29-2003, 05:15 AM
He started out really hot in San Antonio but has since cooled off. No word on when/if he'll get a call-up at this point.

2 goals in 2 games and he was a team best +2 with 2 shots in a 5-4 loss. He's playing on Goren's line.

Timmer
11-29-2003, 10:05 AM
Hey guys,

Would Florida consider moving Shvidki? If so, what type of return in general would you be seeking?

Heimy
11-29-2003, 12:08 PM
Hey guys,

Would Florida consider moving Shvidki? If so, what type of return in general would you be seeking?

Sadly, he shouldn't cost you much at all. He already cleared waivers once. From this fans vantage point he ought to be playing on one of the Panthers' top two lines. My guess is he must have said or done something awful off the ice to be treated this harshly. The demotion couldn't have been based on his ability or actual play. In fact he played very well over 4 games late last season with the big club, scored a few goals and worked hard and smart in both ends. Maybe it's an attitude problem...it was rumored he sulked when sent back down to San Antonio.

Whatever the reason, I hate seeing top talent like his frittered away.

Clash*
11-29-2003, 01:27 PM
Sadly, he shouldn't cost you much at all. He already cleared waivers once. From this fans vantage point he ought to be playing on one of the Panthers' top two lines. My guess is he must have said or done something awful off the ice to be treated this harshly. The demotion couldn't have been based on his ability or actual play. In fact he played very well over 4 games late last season with the big club, scored a few goals and worked hard and smart in both ends. Maybe it's an attitude problem...it was rumored he sulked when sent back down to San Antonio.

Heimy, four games doesn't make a career. Ask jim Carrey of Capitals and Bruins fame. Ask Blaine Lacher of Boston fame about the same time. Havin skills doesn't mean jack, if you don't have the brains or mentality for the game. Truthfully, havin the skills is only about one third of the ability a player needs to make it in the NHL. I find this to be Novo's problem as well. At this stage of his career, I doubt Shvidki will be more than an injury call-up on most teams, as there is more and more worthy talent comin out in the draft every year.

Timmer
11-29-2003, 01:33 PM

When you say not much, do you mean mid round picks or mid level prospects?

The leafs are over-stocked with decent defensive prospects. It would seem, that the Panthers are over-stocked with forward prospects. Could a swap of prospects work? If so, what level of prospect would it take to get it done for Shvidki?

Also, would Florida have any interest in moving Rob Globke in an exchange of good quality prospects?

sting_fan
11-29-2003, 01:44 PM
When you say not much, do you mean mid round picks or mid level prospects?

The leafs are over-stocked with decent defensive prospects. It would seem, that the Panthers are over-stocked with forward prospects. Could a swap of prospects work? If so, what level of prospect would it take to get it done for Shvidki?

I suspect Shvidki could be had for a mid-round pick. Sad thought really.

PanthersRule96
11-29-2003, 03:08 PM
I suspect Shvidki could be had for a mid-round pick. Sad thought really.

I am quite sure that if he is dealt, it will come back to haunt us. I think Duds will give him a chance to prove himself but with Kolnik playing so well, it'll be hard. He plays better in the NHL than the AHL and produces more here. I asked Cameron Mann about him ( a former Utah teammate) and he said that if SHvidki was given a chance, he'd easily score 35g.

Thewbacca
11-29-2003, 05:13 PM
I would be for a callup considering how Nilson has been playing with Jokinen and Kozlov. Shvidki will really need to get hot in SA before anything goes on though and Beaudoin is next for a callup I think.

PanthersRule96
11-29-2003, 05:44 PM
I would be for a callup considering how Nilson has been playing with Jokinen and Kozlov. Shvidki will really need to get hot in SA before anything goes on though and Beaudoin is next for a callup I think.

He is the perfect linemate for those two and is the missing piece. I'm watching the updated scoreboard of the Page game. Just when I thought that the final score was 4-2, Green scored with 30 secs left from Shvidki. Campbell has 3 assists and 21 secs left. Goren has 1 g 1 a as does Olsen. Shvidki is supposedly liek 6-3 now and 220 pounds with tons of skill and if he produces in the AHL, he'll score more in the NHL.

Coolburn
11-30-2003, 03:11 AM
I used to hold out hope for Shvidki but that hope is severely waning now. Watching Horton play on the wing makes me realize he'd be perfect on the top line with Jokinen in a yr (or whenever the CBA is resolved and Kozlov leaves). Stewart is the perfect guy to place with Huselius & Weiss on the 2nd line when he's ready. I don't think FL will wait till he's ready though to deal Bure and then put Horton on 2nd line RW. Globke should easily be a strong 3rd liner but can play 2nd line mins if needed (I doubt FL would deal him the way he's been playing at Notre Dame - 10 G in 13 GP this season, ranking him in the top 10 for all college goal scorers). That pretty much covers the right side on the top 3 lines, now and the future. On the left side, I think Nedorost could play on the top line as a LW quite easily (thus allowing Cullen to play 3rd line center when he's healthy) but Dudley is bringing him on slowly as he should. Huselius is playing pretty well on the 2nd line LW and Hagman looks great on the 3rd line at LW. So where does Shvidki fit into those lineups?? Huselius, Hagman & Nedorost are all young and unless Huselius gets moved, there doesn't seem to be a spot on the left side for Shvidki anyhow. The way Kolnik has played he definitely deserves to, at the very least, play on the 3rd line for now and at worst the 4th line. Shvidki isn't a 4th liner anyhow so it would make more sense to deal him. As far as value goes, his large contract (>$1 mil) is an obstacle at this point so I am assuming he could be had for about a 2nd or 3rd rounder quite easily.

PanthersRule96
11-30-2003, 05:32 AM
The money Bure is getting is what he deserves right now. He is finally healthy and can score. I doubt he'll be dealt as he's producing. Dudley said that if Val produces, he'll stay and they'll be happy to pay him his 3.1 mil.

sting_fan
11-30-2003, 07:18 AM
The money Bure is getting is what he deserves right now. He is finally healthy and can score. I doubt he'll be dealt as he's producing. Dudley said that if Val produces, he'll stay and they'll be happy to pay him his 3.1 mil.

Dudley may be happy, but technically, he isn't "paying" Bure's salary. Hence, it's not really Dudley's decision.

Coolburn
11-30-2003, 07:27 AM
The money Bure is getting is what he deserves right now. He is finally healthy and can score. I doubt he'll be dealt as he's producing. Dudley said that if Val produces, he'll stay and they'll be happy to pay him his 3.1 mil.It only partially has to do with his salary. He's almost likely to be an UFA once the CBA is resolved and so if FL isn't in a playoff race at the trade deadline, he's most likley gone. Actually its better if Val produces because his value increases. Given he does have a larger contract and past injury probs, his trade value is still fairly low so his solid play helps that part a lot. Everyone knew that once Pavel was traded, it was only a matter of time before Val was traded too.

ginner classic
12-02-2003, 01:51 PM
I am not surprised that Shvidki is not getting called up. the Panthers seem to have decided he is no more than injury protection and his salary is a major factor hindering a trade. Too bad really as I think he has all the skills to make a huge impact in the NHL. The Nathan Smith for Shvidki offer still stands ;)

One question that someone could answer. If the Panthers trade Shvidki to another team, can he be transferred between AHL teams without clearing waivers? Can he be called up and sent down if he has clreaed waivers once in the year without being waived again. It would boost his value tremendously if he can be sent down again after a call-up.

Nathan Smith and Fedorov for Shvidki and a fourth rounder.