Carmelo asks Collins:

Jaysfanatic*
12-16-2006, 11:29 PM
What did the five fingas say to the face?!?!?!

SLAP!!!

Someone needs to make an emoticon from the brawl tonight at the garden.

Jersey Fresh
12-16-2006, 11:32 PM
I hate the Knicks (maybe that goes without saying...) but 'Melo is such a pansy. He throws a punch at Collins and then backtracks as fast as he can down the court. If youre gonna throw a punch, stand toe to toe with the guy.

jkrdevil
12-16-2006, 11:35 PM
Wow, the Knicks show more passion tonight than the Rangers.

HajdukSplit
12-16-2006, 11:38 PM
Nuggets were running up the score and one of their players did a reverse dunk during the blowout, they were rubbing the result into the Knicks face

Dolemite
12-16-2006, 11:39 PM
I hate the Knicks (maybe that goes without saying...) but 'Melo is such a pansy. He throws a punch at Collins and then backtracks as fast as he can down the court. If youre gonna throw a punch, stand toe to toe with the guy.

Did you even see what led to the punch?

Russian_fanatic
12-17-2006, 12:00 AM
YouTube'd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHI2HYE2J0A

Jersey Fresh
12-17-2006, 12:11 AM
Did you even see what led to the punch?

Yeah, I did. And what the hell does that have to do with Carmelo slapping at Collins, and backpeddaling as fast as he could to the other end of the court?? If you're going to get involved like that and throw punch, you don't swing and then run like a *****.

Dolemite
12-17-2006, 12:16 AM
Yeah, I did. And what the hell does that have to do with Carmelo slapping at Collins, and backpeddaling as fast as he could to the other end of the court?? If you're going to get involved like that and throw punch, you don't swing and then run like a *****.

...and flagrant fouling someone when you're down by a ton isn't the sign of a spoiled brat?

danno2530
12-17-2006, 12:20 AM
Call me crazy but I was actually glad to see the Knicks show some fight for once. This team gets ripped all the time for being heartless and selfish and alot of it is warrented, but you never know..something like this could light a fire under them.

Collins was out of line but look at the comparison in lineups: Denver still had Melo, Camby and Andre Miller in the game while the Knicks had Jared Jefferies and Marty Collins. There is no need to rub it in the Knicks' faces while you are dominating the game already, we have to deal with enough crap as it is.

I was a big fan of Melo but he proved he was gutless and stupid because he is going to miss significant time and, in the process, screw over the Nuggets who will be without their superstar for at least a couple of weeks.

took420s
12-17-2006, 12:24 AM
Melo was running like a girl after that punch :biglaugh:

I don't even know what to say about the Knicks anymore...

Jersey Fresh
12-17-2006, 12:32 AM
...and flagrant fouling someone when you're down by a ton isn't the sign of a spoiled brat?

Maybe your misunderstanding me? I'm not commenting at all on what led up to 'Melo throwing a punch. Collins was an idiot for fouling Smith like that, so naturally things got heated and escalated to the brawl that we saw. All I'm saying is that if Carmelo decides he's going to get involved and throw a punch, then don't run away right afterwards like a punk.

Dolemite
12-17-2006, 12:42 AM

That 'punch' was a sissy slap.

Time for Isiah to get his resume ready? The inmates are clearly running the asylum.

19nazzy
12-17-2006, 12:45 AM
No easy baskets.

NYYmt62
12-17-2006, 02:23 AM
That whole thing was hysterical. I can't watch basketball- they looked like a bunch of morons out there. Baketball players are not tough and watching that just proved it.

The Mars Volchenkov
12-17-2006, 04:39 AM
Great, now the Nuggets will be without the leading scorer in the NBA for a while. In the Western Conference, they can't afford to lose any ground.

Dolemite
12-17-2006, 05:11 AM
Great, now the Nuggets will be without the leading scorer in the NBA for a while. In the Western Conference, they can't afford to lose any ground.

A very costly and expensive lesson for Mello.

Tuggy
12-17-2006, 10:40 AM
Holy **** Anthony is a *****. That was pathetic...what a chump.

The Mars Volchenkov
12-17-2006, 10:40 AM
A very costly and expensive lesson for Mello.
And he didn't even connect with the punch! If you know you're going to get suspended for throwing a punch, atleast make it worthwhile and hit the guy! :sarcasm:

ap215
12-17-2006, 11:07 AM

And Jared was fuming when he went after Carmelo.

The Mars Volchenkov
12-17-2006, 11:12 AM
"It's like a slap in the face, saying we're going to embarrass you like that", said Nate Robinson
Isn't this the same dude who tried to bounce pass the ball of the backboard to himself and dunk it a few weeks ago? I don't think he's one to talk about embarassing your opponent and showing sportsmanship.

BlueAndWhite
12-17-2006, 11:49 AM
While 7 of the guys on the floor behaved like idiots, Camerlo Anthony behaved like a total *****.

Jaysfanatic*
12-17-2006, 11:50 AM
Isn't this the same dude who tried to bounce pass the ball of the backboard to himself and dunk it a few weeks ago? I don't think he's one to talk about embarassing your opponent and showing sportsmanship.

Someone tell Nate "50 Cent" Robinson that they do a good job of embarrassing themselves on their own, they don't need Denver to do it.

13Hockey
12-17-2006, 11:52 AM
Carmelo Anthony is the biggest coward in all of sports and I have no respect for him.

Also the NBA is a disgrace a bunch of people who act like tough guys when there really not all these brawls do is make the players look like even bigger cowards.

Cruiser008
12-17-2006, 11:59 AM
Wow that was freakin' hilarious!!

- Nate Robinson pretending to try to 'defuse' the situation
- Carmelo's awesome *****-slap and spontaneous retreat :biglaugh:
- The crowd uniformly applauding the ejected Knicks

Hey at least they (usually) fight one on one in hockey

BlueAndWhite
12-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Check out the part of the clip where Jeffries is chasing Anthony and slips. In comes a charging Robinson at Anthony with his fists up and then ... he stops dead in his tracks...... after a towel is thrown at him.

Classic.

Doomsday Device
12-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Nate Robinson has a serious Napoleon complex. What a moron.

Biggsy
12-17-2006, 02:55 PM

Yeah haha he did back outta there like a lil *****

Jaysfanatic*
12-17-2006, 03:07 PM
I agree. When he stole the Dunk contest from Andre Iguodala (sp), his ego just continued to grow. He is a punk.

You're right HFF he definitely stole it from Iguodala....they wanted him to win that no matter what.

Ensane
12-17-2006, 04:46 PM
I love it when basketball players brawl, as ghetto as some of these guys try and come across, none of them can fight! :biglaugh:

Nice job Carmelo, you're hard alright!

Hasbro
12-17-2006, 07:43 PM
I love it when basketball players brawl, as ghetto as some of these guys try and come across, none of them can fight! :biglaugh:

Nice job Carmelo, you're hard alright!

Yep basketball hasn't had a pugilist since Barkley.:cf:

Ensane
12-17-2006, 08:57 PM
Yep basketball hasn't had a pugilist since Barkley.:cf:
And even then, Barkley was only good for throwing midgets through windows.

Hasbro
12-17-2006, 10:11 PM
The irony is if this had been the final straw with Isiah and the Knicks fired him Carmelo would be hailed as a hero in New York.

XX
12-17-2006, 11:06 PM
Nate Robinson has a serious Napoleon complex. What a moron.

I was hoping someone would nail him. Unfortunately it looks like he got to stride around, pretending to be a bad *** unchecked.

mr gib
12-18-2006, 11:15 AM
we'll see how many games mello gets from stern - being a marquee guy i bet he gets less -

Dr Love
12-18-2006, 01:07 PM
we'll see how many games mello gets from stern - being a marquee guy i bet he gets less -

Mello got the most, 15 games. Each team fined half a million.

Anthony - 15
JR Smith - 10
Nate Robinson - 10
Mardy Collins - 6
Jared Jefferies - 4
Nene - 1
Jerome James - 1

David Stern knows how to drop the hammer.

caniacgirl12
12-18-2006, 01:18 PM
Awww.

This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner National Basketball Association Properties, Inc. because its content was used without permission.

I only got to see a brief clip of it this morning. :(

Dr Love
12-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Awww.

With the news of suspensions, it'll be all over ESPN. You can almost certainly watch it on espn.com

nickyb
12-18-2006, 01:49 PM
hahaha carmelo, you little pansy, have fun sitting on your *** for 15 games!

Cruiser008
12-18-2006, 01:53 PM
How does Isiah get away with nothing? :dunno:

Oh well at least Carmelo got what he deserved.

Let's hope there aren't any appeals, or should I say the suspensions stand firm.

Walzy
12-18-2006, 02:00 PM
i'm fine with the suspensions, Stern knows what to do :D
How does Isiah get away with nothing? :dunno:

i think that's still coming...

The NBA is investigating whether Isiah Thomas, the president and coach of the Knicks, ordered a hard foul that touched off a brawl with the Denver Nuggets on Saturday night at Madison Square Garden, several people involved in the investigation told the New York Times yesterday.

The Nuggets, according to those people, are pointing to an exchange between Thomas and Carmelo Anthony - part of which was captured by the MSG Network - that seemed to convey a threat. None of the people who spoke about the exchange wanted to be identified, because the investigation was ongoing.

Bruinaholic
12-18-2006, 02:08 PM
Mello got the most, 15 games. Each team fined half a million.

Anthony - 15
JR Smith - 10
Nate Robinson - 10
Mardy Collins - 6
Jared Jefferies - 4
Nene - 1
Jerome James - 1

David Stern knows how to drop the hammer.

Too harsh IMO
Anthony shoulda got maybe 7-10max
Smith+Robinson about 5
Collin 3
Jeffries 2
Stern again trying to throw his weight around,why not fine Mark Cuban another 500k because he must have something to do w/ this

danno2530
12-18-2006, 02:16 PM
I think Melo's suspension was right. He should get more for being a pansy, lol, but that works.

Although, being a Knicks fan I wish Jerome James got more than a one game suspension.

Dr Love
12-18-2006, 02:21 PM
Too harsh? The brawl seemed to be coming to an end when Anthony decided he'd sucker punch Collins then run away. Stupid and cowardly, and deserves 15.

Ensane
12-18-2006, 02:23 PM
Too harsh? The brawl seemed to be coming to an end when Anthony decided he'd sucker punch Collins then run away. Stupid and cowardly, and deserves 15.
Ahem, "sucker slap"

Walzy
12-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Although, being a Knicks fan I wish Jerome James got more than a one game suspension.

:biglaugh: :bow:
great :biglaugh:

Dolemite
12-18-2006, 04:39 PM
i think that's still coming...

I saw Isiah's comments before the judgement was passed and to say he's an ******* would be an understatement and an insult to *******s.

XX
12-18-2006, 06:54 PM
Awww.

Its all over Youtube. Theres even an auction company who titles their videos "No Nicks/Nuggets fight here, but check out our auction!" :biglaugh:

The Mars Volchenkov
12-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Did anyone catch what George Karl said today about Isiah Thomas? Soundbite of the year.

klingsor
12-18-2006, 08:03 PM
Did anyone catch what George Karl said today about Isiah Thomas? Soundbite of the year.

You mean calliing Thomas a jackass?

Or maybe, swearing on his children's lives that he was not trying to run up the score?

Or maybe his willingness to take a lie detector test?

For crying out load, he hates Isiah because of the Larry Brown fiasco.

No doubt in my mind he was trying to run up the score. But so what? That's no excuse for the foul that Collins committed that started the whole stupidity.

As far as Thomas's telling Carmelo not to drive into the lane, maybe Isiah oughta tell his guys to try DEFENDING guys who drive the lane.

**** em, all.

thestonedkoala
12-19-2006, 04:02 AM
Collins should've got more. I believe that was his second offense...

DaaaaB's
12-19-2006, 11:45 AM
Basketball players are such pansies.

Ensane
12-19-2006, 02:13 PM
Basketball players are such pansies.
MMA fans tend to judge more critically when mere mortals fight.

Man, Carmelo needs to work on his footwork. :biglaugh:

DaaaaB's
12-19-2006, 05:59 PM
MMA fans tend to judge more critically when mere mortals fight.

Man, Carmelo needs to work on his footwork. :biglaugh:
Very true. I don't think his wild slap and run away technique would be very successful in MMA. :D

Hasbro
12-20-2006, 07:11 AM
You mean calliing Thomas a jackass?

Or maybe, swearing on his children's lives that he was not trying to run up the score?

Or maybe his willingness to take a lie detector test?

For crying out load, he hates Isiah because of the Larry Brown fiasco. And Doug Moe and Larry are best friends too. I'd love to hear what those two yelled at Isiah during the mess. I've heard Moe let loose when his team was winning.