Just turned on the NJ game -- David Tanabe!

kov
12-02-2003, 04:45 PM
Does he do stuff like this often? Holy smokes 2 gorgeous rushes up ice, 2 goals.

[EDIT: Asking cause I'm a Wings fan, don't get to see the Yotes very often.]

Plan 9
12-02-2003, 04:57 PM
Hurricanes follower here.

I didn't get to see the plays, but glad to hear that he's chipping in on the offense for you guys. His numbers for the season aren't too impressive, but he seems to get a ton of playing time. What do you guys think of him so far this year?

kov
12-02-2003, 05:01 PM
First one he took end to end, Bobby Orr style, then at the last moment dished it off beautifully for a wide-open goal.

Second one he won a fight on the boards with a D-man, then fought him off and outran him, then smoked Brodeur over the shoulder.

Greg
12-02-2003, 05:06 PM
Had me out of my seat. The guy is joy to watch skate.

Hordichuk_24
12-02-2003, 05:28 PM
Two great plays in a row. First one to set up Gratton and the second a nice shot over Brodeur's glove. And as for the question at hand, yes he does this quite often.

LT
12-02-2003, 06:08 PM
No his offensive numbers haven't been there as of yet but I think anyone who watches him all the time will agree, he needs to keep doing what he's doing and the numbers will come. He's an amazing skater and with experiance he will blossom in Phoenix. He has the odd bumble in his own end but I will take it, most offensive defenceman fumble in their own end from time to time.

hbk
12-02-2003, 06:14 PM
damn it. i missed tonights game. One big criticisim regarding Tanabe is he's very weak on the puck in his own zone (not Phil Housley weak but he needs to get the puck out with more mustard on it).

XX
12-02-2003, 06:20 PM
damn it. i missed tonights game. One big criticisim regarding Tanabe is he's very weak on the puck in his own zone (not Phil Housley weak but he needs to get the puck out with more mustard on it).

Everyone on the Yotes is guilty of that. Im sick of watching Mara or Tanabe put it around on the boards and not the glass, NJ is smarter than that.

Dan
12-03-2003, 04:39 AM
Those two plays were scary. I loved Scott Stevens comment that 'the kid can fly.' He blew by Stevens and Scott Niedermeyer. I hope we see him rush the puck a lot more.

12-03-2003, 06:20 AM
All season long I've found Nagy & Tanabe the most exciting players to watch on the Yotes. When either of them gets the puck on their stick, it just feels like something can happen.

Dancing Chicken
12-03-2003, 06:29 AM
The best thing about Tanebe is his ice time and whens hes on the ice.. He has filled Teppo spot and quite nicely because there are no "We need reppo back threads" He filled a void nicely.

Nagy17
12-03-2003, 02:35 PM
When Tanabe made his next dash and scored, an NHL scout sitting in the press box declared: "I didn't know Paul Coffey was still playing."

man, he looked good last night, talk about taking over the game singlehandedly. its as if he was waiting for a 4 on 4 situation.

Koytez7_28
12-04-2003, 10:46 PM
I think Tanabe is great. I love his speed. If he keeps this up he'll be up there with Suchy on offense. Bad thing though is teams will start to double team him because if his speed.

I always thought we should put Tanabe and Nagy on the same line.

Koytez7_28
12-04-2003, 11:34 PM
Or even Freddie and Tanabe, or Freddie and Nagy!

Matzel
12-05-2003, 04:10 AM
I always thought we should put Tanabe and Nagy on the same line.
At this point - Why should Tanabe play a forward position?! Did I miss something? :dunno:

Dancin' Gabe rules! :bow:

ulf
12-05-2003, 04:16 AM
The best thing about Tanebe is his ice time and whens hes on the ice.. He has filled Teppo spot and quite nicely because there are no "We need reppo back threads" He filled a void nicely.

we need teppo back......so ossi will get his game going again :)

12-05-2003, 06:20 AM
At this point - Why should Tanabe play a forward position?! Did I miss something? :dunno:

Dancin' Gabe rules! :bow:

I'm assuming they aren't talking about moving Tanabe up to forward as much as they are saying that Nagy & Tanabe's shifts should coincide.

Matzel
12-05-2003, 06:42 AM
Nagy & Tanabe's shifts should coincide.

Aaaahhh, thanks!

Dancing Gabe rules! :bow:

Koytez7_28
12-06-2003, 08:33 AM
Exactly.