is it just me

patastrophe
12-03-2003, 05:33 PM
or is ottawa handing our ass to us?

OUCH.

Thewbacca
12-03-2003, 06:02 PM
By far no one on our team played well and that includes Luongo. I don't even think the majority of this team gives a damn. I hope the fans that went to the game expressed their disatisfaction.

Heimy
12-03-2003, 06:28 PM
By far no one on our team played well and that includes Luongo. I don't even think the majority of this team gives a damn. I hope the fans that went to the game expressed their disatisfaction.

That wasn't the Sens...it was the Harlem Globetrotters. :joker:

Even with the pasting we got I saw some Panthers really working their tails off. Nedorost, Weiss and Hagman in particular played very strongly.

But we're no match for that one touch, tape to tape, perfect positioning "system" Martin uses. Anyone else read how some of their fans were blaming him for their slow start? I think he'd be about as good a coach for this team as any we could find.

Hope he gets canned soon :eek:

pb1300
12-04-2003, 05:11 AM
That wasn't the Sens...it was the Harlem Globetrotters. :joker:

Even with the pasting we got I saw some Panthers really working their tails off. Nedorost, Weiss and Hagman in particular played very strongly.

But we're no match for that one touch, tape to tape, perfect positioning "system" Martin uses. Anyone else read how some of their fans were blaming him for their slow start? I think he'd be about as good a coach for this team as any we could find.

Hope he gets canned soon :eek:

Thats why this team needs to go out there and get Robinson. The biggest problem with this team is its defense. We need a system that will work and a coach that knows how to put that system in place. Robinson would be the perfect fit.

justapantherfan
12-04-2003, 06:00 AM
Thats why this team needs to go out there and get Robinson. The biggest problem with this team is its defense. We need a system that will work and a coach that knows how to put that system in place. Robinson would be the perfect fit.

I also think that Robinson would be good for this team.

Last night the team was the worst that I have ever seen them play. It seemed as though no one really even wanted to be there or even play. As soon as the first goal was scored against us the team left the building.

PanthersRule96
12-04-2003, 06:50 AM
I missed the game but how did Cullen look?

He had a team high 5 shots.

How did Weiss looks vs. Spezza?

Captain8
12-04-2003, 08:23 AM

The problem is that Dudley doesn't get the joke. He thinks he's putting a system in place for the new coach. Of course, the assistants are already in place. So whenever the new coach is hired -- sometime between now and the next GM -- all he will have to do is wear a suit.

Now, with Dudley's 1-2-2 in full view, we're seeing the same exact issues we saw when Keenan was coaching. First and foremost, the gap between the forwards and the dmen, in both offensive and defensive situations, is too big to allow for proper puck support. And the players still don't have enough confidence to act instinctively; when they do, their instincts let them down. So often last night it was evident that the Panthers were having problems gauging their time and space. By contrast, the Sens were almost nonchalant in their confident approach.

The other problem with Dudley coaching is its potential impact on his primary job -- GM. It's not clear whether Dudley has lost touch with reality to the extent that his sound judgment is now completely compromised. But it is no great leap of judgment to make the claim that doing both jobs well is nearly impossible. If, in fact, Dudley has had no time to set up one interview with Robinson, does he have enough time to conduct a proper coaching search, work on trades, and scout the next draft crop?

sting_fan
12-04-2003, 09:17 AM
In watching the game last night, one thing that came to mind is that Dudley very rarely, if at all, juggles his lines. Why?

PanthersRule96
12-04-2003, 10:22 AM
In watching the game last night, one thing that came to mind is that Dudley very rarely, if at all, juggles his lines. Why?

I was thinking the same thing and it's because he want to create chemistry between them ie Nedorost, Kolnik and Hagman together, Weiss and BUre together, Jokinen and Kozlov together

Clash*
12-04-2003, 01:55 PM
Here's a thought for some fo you. I know you won't like it, but this season is about makin the best gains possible, but has already been thrown away. Right now, Dudley is tryin to undo any Keenan effects, while teachin these kids his system. Everyone thinks Robinson is the only coach out there, but personally, I believe in bringin someone who thhinks alike as the GM does. Prospect no. 1, Craig Ramsey. All the talk Dudley is doin is whitewash to make the team sellable to the general public so they can sell tickets.

Captain8
12-04-2003, 02:42 PM
Here's a thought for some fo you. I know you won't like it, but this season is about makin the best gains possible, but has already been thrown away. Right now, Dudley is tryin to undo any Keenan effects, while teachin these kids his system. Everyone thinks Robinson is the only coach out there, but personally, I believe in bringin someone who thhinks alike as the GM does. Prospect no. 1, Craig Ramsey. All the talk Dudley is doin is whitewash to make the team sellable to the general public so they can sell tickets.

That's probably the reality of it, but I would personally hold Dudley to a higher standard.

If the team stinks right on through April, he shouldn't be around to hire the next coach. So, IMO, this season does matter because it affords Dudley the privelege of proving what he knows about the game. There has to be progress made to allow him to continue.