Mike Peca

hbk
12-03-2003, 06:03 PM
Apparently he is available. I'm a huge Peca fan. He would be absolutely awesome in a Coyote jersey. I hope Barnett can find the money to make this happen.

Who goes the other way? Kolanos? Ference? Sillinger? Radivojevic? Johnson? draft picks? Mix and match. I'd be willing to overpay even.

Sorry, I find it hard to hide my enthusiasm. I think very highly of Peca's talents.

Dan
12-03-2003, 06:20 PM
I was wondering what was taking you so long to post this :) After you lobbied to get him at the 2001 draft from Buffalo, I remember how much you like him. Isles fans were questioning him a month ago because of his lack of offense. What is it? Three goals in 43 games (going back to last year) and one of those was an empty netter. Still, he's a leader and an excellent defensive player. I think at four million a year and having to give up significant assets to acquire him, the Coyotes would not have much interest. NHLPA has him at $4,250,000 this year, how many years does he have left on his contract?

PhoPhan
12-03-2003, 06:47 PM
Only way a deal like this could happen is if they Isles were interested in Gratton.

PhoPhan
12-03-2003, 06:47 PM
Only way a deal like this could happen is if they Isles were interested in Gratton.

Hordichuk_24
12-03-2003, 08:10 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Peca here either. Only problem would be the money issue and what the Isles would want in return for him. I wouldn't want to give up Gratton though.

Gwyddbwyll
12-03-2003, 11:54 PM
Didnt the Coyotes chase pretty hard when Buffalo were shopping him? I remember something about how Buffalo wanted not only Doan but Ossi on top as well and Phoenix gave up. But the org does like him.

I think Peca's a contender's center so if we get him I'd be pretty pleased. But I dont think we will be ready to contend in this season or the next. We would lose him to UFA before he becomes really useful.

12-04-2003, 07:30 AM
I've also been a big Peca fan and I'd love to see us acquire him. I just don't see it much more likely than the Comrie proposals. No clue what we'd need to offer, but the Islanders are looking to trim payroll so Gratton could be a possibility, and of course more. We just have enough centers, we kind of have the flip problem of last year and it seems like the centers are available and we need wingers or defense.

Dan
12-05-2003, 08:17 AM
Peca is slated to earn $4.25 million this year and next year and $5.25 million the year after that.

Sources have told TSN that the Senators like the New York Islanders' centre a lot, but his high salary and Islanders' GM Mike Milbury's demand for a lot in return pretty much rules Ottawa out at this point.
link (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=63184&hubName=nhl)

I think this what rules the Coyotes out too.

ulf
12-05-2003, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE=Stevex]

I think Peca's a contender's center

exactly.....i love this this guy too but maybe not the right fit or dollars for the yotes at this time.

Dancing Chicken
12-05-2003, 12:31 PM
Could you just imagian, Peca and Nash on the same line.. lol

hbk
12-05-2003, 02:23 PM
I was wondering what was taking you so long to post this :) After you lobbied to get him at the 2001 draft from Buffalo, I remember how much you like him. Isles fans were questioning him a month ago because of his lack of offense. What is it? Three goals in 43 games (going back to last year) and one of those was an empty netter. Still, he's a leader and an excellent defensive player. I think at four million a year and having to give up significant assets to acquire him, the Coyotes would not have much interest. NHLPA has him at $4,250,000 this year, how many years does he have left on his contract?

just too many reasons why the deal wouldn't happen. salary, assets required, and the likelihood that Peca would only want to go to a contending team. at the end of the day we are a rebuilding team and this doesn't address a true long-term need.