Logjam up front

PanthersRule96
12-04-2003, 10:23 AM
With this logjam, who is and are the oddmen out. You can select multiple answers in this poll. THUS, YOU CAN SELECT MULTIPLE ANSWERS AND PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THERE ARE 3 PLAYERS THAT YOU DO NOT PICK WHO FILL UP THE 4TH LINE ALONG
Horton-Jokinen-Kozlov
Huselius-Weiss-Bure
Hags-Nedo-Kolnik
Z -X -Y

Assume that Messier is out as they said for another 3 months in the SS this morning.

sting_fan
12-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Why make the assumption that Novoseltsev is already gone?

PanthersRule96
12-06-2003, 11:04 AM
Why make the assumption that Novoseltsev is already gone?

I don't want to bcuz I like Novo, but he is probably not going to play another game as a panther.

evildreams
12-06-2003, 12:19 PM
With this logjam, who is and are the oddmen out. You can select multiple answers in this poll. THUS, YOU CAN SELECT MULTIPLE ANSWERS AND PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THERE ARE 3 PLAYERS THAT YOU DO NOT PICK WHO FILL UP THE 4TH LINE ALONG
Horton-Jokinen-Kozlov
Huselius-Weiss-Bure
Hags-Nedo-Kolnik
Z -X -Y

Assume that Messier is out as they said for another 3 months in the SS this morning.

Hagman-Jokinen-Kozlov
Huselius-Weiss-Bure
Nilson-Nedorost-Kolnik
Hordichuk-Cullen-Horton

*samuelsson, macdonald, ritchie, novoseltsev will be sent down; all will clear waivers if need be; though, if horton is sent back to oshawa, mikael might be brought back up (a dudley guy).

*nilson might be moved to squeeze one of shvidki or beaudoin in.

*beaudoin might be called up to rotate with hordichuk, as to add scoring punch.

*cullen's salary will be too hard to move and will thus be stuck as our 4th line center (he could pass down to SA, but he's a better option at center than anything the 'page have got)

*huselius might be part of a big deal to bring in an impact player (while kris is still somewhat young and has value)

*v.bure's contract is too big to move, plus he is playing excellently with weiss.

----

guys on way out: huselius, nilson
guys on way in: beaudoin, shvidki
imoveable parts on way down to SA: novoseltsev, ritchie, macdonald, samuelsson

Pantherfemme
12-07-2003, 09:38 PM
Bringing Beaudoin in would be a wise move. I saw him at camp and he would definitley provide some muscle that we need while Darcy is out with his broken foot. I also agree about Nilson being on the way out. What has he done for us lately? :dunno:

pb1300
12-08-2003, 05:53 AM
I am a BIG Huselius fan, but its time to explore our options. Huselius and Novo for Parrish. I want Parrish back on this team. We need his gritty style of play, expecially when he could plant himself infront of the goalie for our PPs. This team is still to much finese, to little grit. Parrish would change that a lot.

FlaPanthers7
12-08-2003, 12:36 PM
Parrish is in need of some new scenery too, it's a possibility. It seems to me Duds is stuck on Huselius developing into a premiere player, and it's still possible he might! He's young, but he may be a little fragile mentally, especially in a tough, gritty Eastern conference.

I wouldn't mind seeing a little Parrish-Weiss-Bure though. You've got speed, skill, and grit all in 1 line. :)

PantherBlood6*
12-09-2003, 12:12 PM
Parrish is in need of some new scenery too, it's a possibility. It seems to me Duds is stuck on Huselius developing into a premiere player, and it's still possible he might! He's young, but he may be a little fragile mentally, especially in a tough, gritty Eastern conference.

I wouldn't mind seeing a little Parrish-Weiss-Bure though. You've got speed, skill, and grit all in 1 line. :)

Trading Huselius now would be an awful mistake...His value is at it's all time lowest and you know as well as I do that he will be better than what he's showing right now. Parrish is what he is, a streaky, 20-25 goal guy who will get 30 once in a blue moon. Huselius' upside is still far better and dealing him for Parrish makes no sense.

Did the Sens deal Hossa after he struggled mightily after the Berard incident? You have to have patience..Huselius has been awful this year, there's no question about it, but once he learns that being a pansy wont get him anywhere, he'll start to become the player he should be. Keenan himself probably stalled his development about two years alone...Huselius is very fragile, and while I agree with Keenan that he has to grow a set of testicles and not be such a softie on the ice, He isn't a guy to play mental games with. I'm glad Dudley is showing patience because he''s the same Dudley who wanted to trade Lecavalier over a couple of bad years.

I'll say this now...If Huselius is traded now it will be one of the biggest mistakes in the franchises history...and this is a franchise that has traded Warrener for Mike Wilson, Dvorak for Mike Vernon, the list goes on.

Rattrick
12-09-2003, 12:24 PM
guys on way out: huselius, nilson
guys on way in: beaudoin, shvidki
imoveable parts on way down to SA: novoseltsev, ritchie, macdonald, samuelsson

:lol:

ED, you always bring the laughs! :joker:

PanthersRule96
12-09-2003, 01:27 PM
:lol:

ED, you always bring the laughs! :joker:

I really don't see too much wrong with his list.

Huselius, as TKF37 said, is going nowhere now. His value is at an all time low and I'd be surprised if we got a 3rd rounder for him now.
He can easily score 30+ goals as he has shown glimpses of stardom. Eventually, whether it be this year or next, he will breakout and score 30+

Captain8
12-09-2003, 02:15 PM
Trading Huselius now would be an awful mistake...His value is at it's all time lowest and you know as well as I do that he will be better than what he's showing right now. Parrish is what he is, a streaky, 20-25 goal guy who will get 30 once in a blue moon. Huselius' upside is still far better and dealing him for Parrish makes no sense.

Did the Sens deal Hossa after he struggled mightily after the Berard incident? You have to have patience..Huselius has been awful this year, there's no question about it, but once he learns that being a pansy wont get him anywhere, he'll start to become the player he should be. Keenan himself probably stalled his development about two years alone...Huselius is very fragile, and while I agree with Keenan that he has to grow a set of testicles and not be such a softie on the ice, He isn't a guy to play mental games with. I'm glad Dudley is showing patience because he''s the same Dudley who wanted to trade Lecavalier over a couple of bad years.

I'll say this now...If Huselius is traded now it will be one of the biggest mistakes in the franchises history...and this is a franchise that has traded Warrener for Mike Wilson, Dvorak for Mike Vernon, the list goes on.

I'm not going to go there, but I think those negatives are a good beginning to an Alex Daigle profile.

However, one thing is almost certain, IMO. If Huselius goes to a good team with a system that suits his style and the type of veteran leadership that will make him accountable, he will thrive and take his game to the next level.

Will he do that here?

What Dudley has to decide, as must all GMs who can look at these types of situations objectively, is whether or not Huselius can pull it together or whether it's worth sacrificing his talent to maybe add a quality role player who can help create the type of atmosphere that brings out the best in others.

FlaPanthers7
12-09-2003, 03:03 PM

Absolutely agreed. Very good points. I just said I wouldn't mind seeing Parrish back in a Panther uniform. ;) We could probably get him for less than Huselius anyways. We need a tough LW that crashed the net, it would really help Olli and Viktor.